You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Kilkenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 3:15pm
I think Stoke are playing Cork next week in a friendly.
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

I think Stoke are playing Cork next week in a friendly.
Correct
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Tbf the technical side of things Kilkenny has it in spades. What stopped him getting 35 games as opposed to 16 for Bournemouth last year was his lack of experience playing the role and the nitty gritty stuff. He will get plenty experience of that at Stoke. 

I was hoping he would go to Coventry or Huddersfield myself. Can see Stoke doing well this year so hopefully he gets a full season of games and goes back to Bournemouth more ready!
No Kevin, you were hoping, as always, he'd go somewhere like Anderlecht. Kilkenny himself says he'd prefer England, where his progress would be more on show. He's right. Stoke, a regular EPL club and a likely promotion contender, would be an excellent move.

I believe your favourite player, Josh Cullen, now 26, would benefit from such a move. His Anderlecht choice has been overrated - similar form in the Championship would have seen him closer to an EPL season. Had he got a move to such as Forest he'd be there already. He might even be there had he stayed and fought for his place at West Ham. 

What stopped Kilkenny getting more games for Bournemouth was pure and simple - the manager preferred someone else. Going abroad to other than a major league is no better than going to the SPFL. And that's not much good at all.

Nonsense
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 2:10am
Originally posted by KingKenny KingKenny wrote:

Tbf the technical side of things Kilkenny has it in spades. What stopped him getting 35 games as opposed to 16 for Bournemouth last year was his lack of experience playing the role and the nitty gritty stuff. He will get plenty experience of that at Stoke. 

I was hoping he would go to Coventry or Huddersfield myself. Can see Stoke doing well this year so hopefully he gets a full season of games and goes back to Bournemouth more ready!
No Kevin, you were hoping, as always, he'd go somewhere like Anderlecht. Kilkenny himself says he'd prefer England, where his progress would be more on show. He's right. Stoke, a regular EPL club and a likely promotion contender, would be an excellent move.

I believe your favourite player, Josh Cullen, now 26, would benefit from such a move. His Anderlecht choice has been overrated - similar form in the Championship would have seen him closer to an EPL season. Had he got a move to such as Forest he'd be there already. He might even be there had he stayed and fought for his place at West Ham. 

What stopped Kilkenny getting more games for Bournemouth was pure and simple - the manager preferred someone else. Going abroad to other than a major league is no better than going to the SPFL. And that's not much good at all.

Nonsense
Why is it nonsense?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 6:33am

Jaysus you sound bitter.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 10:59am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Jaysus you sound bitter.
Thanks for that, cY2K! Why is it so objectionable to suggest Cullen, who I admire, would have been more advantaged for an EPL move by being a top-performing Championship player rather than away in Belgium? And why is my comment re Kilkenny, who I also rate, so awful? He was dropped, it happens. Kilkenny's comment also suggests he agrees with my Championship opinion. 
No bitterness whatsoever, and I have much respect for Kevin100 despite occasional differences. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 4:17pm
Contract extension at Bournemouth and loan move to Stoke formalised.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Contract extension at Bournemouth and loan move to Stoke formalised.

Should see him get minutes against a Cork City XI next Saturday at Turner's Cross.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 4:43pm
good move, excited to see him play every week (hopefully)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 6:32pm

Jaysus you sound bitter.
Thanks for that, cY2K! Why is it so objectionable to suggest Cullen, who I admire, would have been more advantaged for an EPL move by being a top-performing Championship player rather than away in Belgium? And why is my comment re Kilkenny, who I also rate, so awful? He was dropped, it happens. Kilkenny's comment also suggests he agrees with my Championship opinion. 
No bitterness whatsoever, and I have much respect for Kevin100 despite occasional differences. 

I thought his conclusion he would be more in the "public eye" was a strange one especially considering how much it has benefitted Cullen who is the benchmark for these younger midfielders trying to get into the National Team and I commented Kilkenny himself would be tailor made for a continental League in the same way Cullen was! Anyone who's watched him play wouldn't argue against that. There's nothing outlandish in drawing that conclusion.

Kilkenny sees it that way and no issue. He's got a good move to a club I think will do well in the Championship this season. They are in dire need of a DM and one that might be a bit more combative but every bit as much a ball player as Joe Allen was. Kilkenny clearly fits that bill.

Of course the manager prefered someone else that was older more experienced and better now. This is why Bournemouth are loaning out Kilkenny to get him more experience and to develop! The point made was it was factors other then raw ability and talent that stopped Kilkenny playing 35 games as opposed to 14 for Bournemouth last year. Don't forget he hadn't even played senior football up to this season.

I agree he looks really talented and with consistent gametime has huge scope for progression. I would happily take you telling me how wrong I was again this time next year if Kilkenny is going back to Bournemouth with 40 matches under his belt preparing to play in the Premier League! 

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 6:41pm
Good solid move for him.

Fingers crossed Coventry, Smallbone & Noss follow suit.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Good solid move for him.

If Coventry moves it will likely be later in the window. West Ham clearly want to have a good look at him pre season.

Devoy potentially moving to MK Dons Henry Francis being linked Dons Oxford and Plymouth as well. Hodge I suspect will stay with Wolves until January. Be interesting to see his he involved with the Wolves 1st team in pre season. 

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Jul 2022 at 7:08pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Good solid move for him.

If Coventry moves it will likely be later in the window. West Ham clearly want to have a good look at him pre season.

Devoy potentially moving to MK Dons Henry Francis being linked Dons Oxford and Plymouth as well. Hodge I suspect will stay with Wolves until January. Be interesting to see his he involved with the Wolves 1st team in pre season. 

I've seen Hodge in the Wolves first team training pictures so far. A bunch of our players aren't back yet but I hope he stays involved and sees some minutes in preseason friendlies. I don't think we will loan him yet he was only really involved for a few months last season as he came to us injured but if we get a good opportunity for him maybe.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 9:58am

Jaysus you sound bitter.

In 2021 Arsenal paid 20 million for Cullen's midfield teammate at Anderlecht - haven't seen them do that at Luton or Blackburn

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 04 Jul 2022 at 9:59am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 7:15am
Lots of Championship players get Premiership moves with varying success. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:39pm
Gets his 1st start for Stoke, in the EFL Cup vs Morecambe.

Only played about 15 minutes in 1 of the 2 league games so far. Hopefully he can push into the firs XI.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 2:30pm
First league start against Sunderland.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 2:55pm
Smallbone and kilkenny will be managing the Stoke midfield today. Fingers crossed they hit the ground running 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>
  Share Topic