You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Kilkenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 4:05pm
Howson is a very good championship player and doens't just play 6. I am not sure on the Borough move tbh but as long as he gets game time and it is football he is suited to it really doesn;t matter
Sponsored Links

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 6:34pm
boro would be a good move i think
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 9:47am
On a possible loan.

“We’ve looked at abroad a few times,” he continued. “But I’d probably rather stay in England, more in the public eye there. I wouldn’t rule anything out.”
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On a possible loan.

“We’ve looked at abroad a few times,” he continued. “But I’d probably rather stay in England, more in the public eye there. I wouldn’t rule anything out.”

Literally the current perfect template for Kilkenny has got to the level he's got to by moving to Anderlecht. Is he basing it off of Conor Noss and Johansson missing out on 21 squads recently? Bizarre take that. Lads style would be perfect for Leagues further afield as well. He's a very combative player but not the biggest the Championship is probably the last place to suit his style.

If he is going to get a loan it's vital it's one that will suit his footballing ability and not one playing kick and rush football. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

On a possible loan.

Literally the current perfect template for Kilkenny has got to the level he's got to by moving to Anderlecht. Is he basing it off of Conor Noss and Johansson missing out on 21 squads recently? Bizarre take that. Lads style would be perfect for Leagues further afield as well. He's a very combative player but not the biggest the Championship is probably the last place to suit his style.

If he is going to get a loan it's vital it's one that will suit his footballing ability and not one playing kick and rush football. 

But what if it was CSKA Sofia or APOEL and not Anderlecht coming in for him? 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 11:45am
Or Sweden, or Norway?
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 11:53am

On a possible loan.

Or he's talking about Bournemouth being able to keep a better eye on him while on loan there. If he's an hour up the road from Bournemouth on loan someone from the club could be there watching him play every week and reporting back to Parker on how he's progressing.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

On a possible loan.

But what if it was CSKA Sofia or APOEL and not Anderlecht coming in for him? 

I strongly suspect a higher calibre of club then APOEL would have come in contact.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

On a possible loan.

Or he's talking about Bournemouth being able to keep a better eye on him while on loan there. If he's an hour up the road from Bournemouth on loan someone from the club could be there watching him play every week and reporting back to Parker on how he's progressing.

Yeah that would be a 100% plausible. Not knocking the lad at all just the out the public eye comment was interesting. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 11:07am
Going to Stoke on loan according to Dan McDonnell. Would be a decent move if he can get regular football, although not sure how suited Michael O'Neill's style of football is to a ball playing central midfielder.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 11:08am
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/gavin-kilkenny-poised-for-loan-move-to-stoke-41806279.html

Stoke? Not what I was expecting but if he gets regular games I'm all for it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 11:15am
You'd think a move to somewhere like Huddersfield would make more sense. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 11:21am
Yeah I don't really associate Stoke with somewhat diminutive technical players like Kilkenny but maybe I'm being harsh. I haven't admittedly watched them much in recent years.

Edited by SC92 - 01 Jul 2022 at 11:32am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 11:28am
Tbf the technical side of things Kilkenny has it in spades. What stopped him getting 35 games as opposed to 16 for Bournemouth last year was his lack of experience playing the role and the nitty gritty stuff. He will get plenty experience of that at Stoke. 

I was hoping he would go to Coventry or Huddersfield myself. Can see Stoke doing well this year so hopefully he gets a full season of games and goes back to Bournemouth more ready!
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 11:59am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Yeah I don't really associate Stoke with somewhat diminutive technical players like Kilkenny but maybe I'm being harsh. I haven't admittedly watched them much in recent years.
joe allen?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

joe allen?

Would've thought he was more of a destroyer than anything else in recent years as the legs went.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 Jul 2022 at 12:18pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 12:28pm

Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

joe allen?

Would've thought he was more of a destroyer than anything else in recent years as the legs went.

Remember he got absolutely destroyed by a sandwich from McClean and Myler during the 2018 qualifier LOL A thing of beauty.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 1:41pm

Tbf the technical side of things Kilkenny has it in spades. What stopped him getting 35 games as opposed to 16 for Bournemouth last year was his lack of experience playing the role and the nitty gritty stuff. He will get plenty experience of that at Stoke. 

I was hoping he would go to Coventry or Huddersfield myself. Can see Stoke doing well this year so hopefully he gets a full season of games and goes back to Bournemouth more ready!
No Kevin, you were hoping, as always, he'd go somewhere like Anderlecht. Kilkenny himself says he'd prefer England, where his progress would be more on show. He's right. Stoke, a regular EPL club and a likely promotion contender, would be an excellent move.

I believe your favourite player, Josh Cullen, now 26, would benefit from such a move. His Anderlecht choice has been overrated - similar form in the Championship would have seen him closer to an EPL season. Had he got a move to such as Forest he'd be there already. He might even be there had he stayed and fought for his place at West Ham. 

What stopped Kilkenny getting more games for Bournemouth was pure and simple - the manager preferred someone else. Going abroad to other than a major league is no better than going to the SPFL. And that's not much good at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>
  Share Topic