You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Kilkenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 28>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

I've been meaning to watch that Kilkenny "mistake" for a couple days, I finally just did.... I mean the pass is a little firm but to blame him LOL Best if people just don't respond to the troll Hotlips. He will get bored and leave the forum soon enough 

I mean, the Sky Sports and Dorset Live journalists called it a mistake. Are they trolling as well?

Green tinted glasses on here! Can't accept any criticism towards certain young players.
Sponsored Links

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I've been meaning to watch that Kilkenny "mistake" for a couple days, I finally just did.... I mean the pass is a little firm but to blame him LOL Best if people just don't respond to the troll Hotlips. He will get bored and leave the forum soon enough 

I mean, the Sky Sports and Dorset Live journalists called it a mistake. Are they trolling as well?

Green tinted glasses on here! Can't accept any criticism towards certain young players.

how is that a mistake holy god LOL perfectly fine pass, defender could have taken a touch, or turned on the ball and passed it back. some of the stuff spouted on here is hilarious 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:17pm

I agree with this to an extent, Parrott and Kilkenny (even Molumby) seem to fall into that category while lads like Idah and Connolly are fair game. I couldnt care less about a single incident in a particular game, but imo Kilkenny still has a way to go before troubling the starters in the current Irish XI. If he can retain his spot at Bournemouth throughout the season and that will be tough with everyone fit, then he might provide the back up for Cullen in the next NL campaign. I dont see himself and Cullen as a midfield 2. I also worry long term that he doesnt perhaps have the physicality/stature to play that CDM role at the very top level. I like him, he's a good footballer, much better in that particular regard than Molumby (who has other qualities that Kilkenny lacks) for example, but it's still early days for the lad. If a Kilumby emerged I'd be pretty happy Smile
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I agree with this to an extent, Parrott and Kilkenny (even Molumby) seem to fall into that category while lads like Idah and Connolly are fair game. I couldnt care less about a single incident in a particular game, but imo Kilkenny still has a way to go before troubling the starters in the current Irish XI. If he can retain his spot at Bournemouth throughout the season and that will be tough with everyone fit, then he might provide the back up for Cullen in the next NL campaign. I dont see himself and Cullen as a midfield 2. I also worry long term that he doesnt perhaps have the physicality/stature to play that CDM role at the very top level. I like him, he's a good footballer, much better in that particular regard than Molumby (who has other qualities that Kilkenny lacks) for example, but it's still early days for the lad. If a Kilumby emerged I'd be pretty happy Smile

If Kilkenny can retain gametime start on rotation in a side with more competition in midfield then his country he absolutely should be considered a 4th choice at worst and probably 3rd behind Hendrick and Cullen. Don't know how anyone could say otherwise he suits us to a tee too his ability on the ball is 2nd to none.

Also think your being harsh on his weakness and also there is plenty midfieders play that role that aren't the biggest. Cullen for us there's hoards more. He's new to the position a few months he can absolutely improve on the pyshicality in the next few years. Would actually love to see him play with Cullen think they'd compliment each other very well. 

Fair point about certain lads being fair game but tbf I think Kilkenny is one you can't really fault him too much this season also this time last year he was well behind Molumby so Molumby we would have higher standards for. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:18pm
Starts tonight as does Travers!
Idah Dream!
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:56pm
He played well tonight,  excellent passer. Travers had nothing at all to do and couldn't be faulted for the goal. McNamara was actually very good for millwall as well.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

If Kilkenny can retain gametime start on rotation in a side with more competition in midfield then his country he absolutely should be considered a 4th choice at worst and probably 3rd behind Hendrick and Cullen. Don't know how anyone could say otherwise he suits us to a tee too his ability on the ball is 2nd to none.

Also think your being harsh on his weakness and also there is plenty midfieders play that role that aren't the biggest. Cullen for us there's hoards more. He's new to the position a few months he can absolutely improve on the pyshicality in the next few years. Would actually love to see him play with Cullen think they'd compliment each other very well. 

Fair point about certain lads being fair game but tbf I think Kilkenny is one you can't really fault him too much this season also this time last year he was well behind Molumby so Molumby we would have higher standards for. 

He's tidy but isn't a great long passer (even Coventry is better in that regard imo). Cullen is similar but much better in the tackle and positionally. A midfield pairing of him and Cullen wouldn't work, neither like to cross the half way line. He's young and clearly improving but I maintain he has quite a way to go yet! Will be solid back up for Cullen in time!
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 2:32pm
Hopefully two good performances from the lads today. Bournemouth play Fulham away next Friday and can go ahead of them today with a win. Will be a big test for both lads if they play.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:58am
Back starting again today away to 'Boro Thumbs Up
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 1:06pm
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

It’s not that unreasonable. The next fixtures are the March friendlies. It’s a good opportunity to have a look at Kilkenny if he’s still playing regularly. There isn’t many ahead of him in the queue. 
We had a similar situation with Knight where he was doing well in the Championship last year and came into the Senior International team and showed his value. 
El Puto Amo
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 2:13pm

LOL

What’s funny about that?
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL

What’s funny about that?
Think he’s still missing Whelan!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 2:47pm
Kilkenny is one of our best performing midfielders at club level this season, and in a position we're light in (creative no.6).

Cullen - Nailed on starter for Anderlecht
Browne - Captain & nailed on starter for mid-table Preston
Knight - Nailed on for struggling Derby
Taylor - Starter for struggling Peterborough
Molumby - In and out for WBA
McGrath - Starter for struggling SM.
Ronan - Starter for struggling SM.

Hourihane - In and out of a mid-table Sheffield United team
Coventry - 2nd choice behind Taylor at Peterborough
McCarthy - Barely playing at Celtic
Arter - Barely playing at Charlton in League 1
Smallbone - Only back from injury at Southampton
Hendrick - Not playing at Newcastle.

Out of those names Kilkenny's competition for the no.6 would be Cullen, Hourihane, Taylor, Coventry, Arter & McCarthy (maybe Smallbone).
Kilkenny is performing better than everyone other than Cullen, so yes he should be getting in the Ireland squad now.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 3:00pm
IDK why Coventry continues to be brought up as a realistic option. He's not getting into the squad for Peterborough now. How many times does a loan move not work out before you start reassessing where he's likely to end up as a professional footballer.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 3:27pm
whats with ****ish emoji replies to sensible posts… out of ordering 
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 9:36pm
Kilkenny not in the squad for tonight match against Cardiff, anybody hear if he is injured or covid or just dropped?
Not the best December for him, one start, 3 unused subs and not in the match day squad for one. Hopefully thing improve in the new year.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Kilkenny not in the squad for tonight match against Cardiff, anybody hear if he is injured or covid or just dropped?
Not the best December for him, one start, 3 unused subs and not in the match day squad for one. Hopefully thing improve in the new year.

Looks like some of the Bournemouth midfielders are coming back from injury and covid. Kilkenny and Brady drop put of the squad.

Thanks for the update
It is a pity for Kilkenny, he seems to play well when he does start then can gets completely dropped.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 28>
  Share Topic