Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 6 minutes ago at 11:51pm
I know that nobody else cares about it apart from us, but that's 4 goals conceded in a week, and he wasn't exactly facing a ton of shots last night. He's practically guaranteed to concede at least one goal in every Ireland game he plays, and atm it's 2 goals per game. He only has Erling Haaland to face next month. Best of luck with that.  

Kelleher conceded less than that amount, in double the amount of gametime in this group. And yet bizarrely, there is still demands for Travers, the man who lost his last game 9-0, to get the nod ahead of him. 
Sponsored Links

Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 39 minutes ago at 12:18am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Good to see the Oasis v Blur stuff still going on...

Kelleher should have saved Ukraine home goal, Bazunu should have saved 2nd goal last night, neither at fault for other goals. Two fine young keepers but both are fallible and can improve.

Oasis all day long.  I was on stage with them when they debuted on the Letterman Show back in 1995. "Live Forever" and all that.  I couldn't get over how tiny the pugnacious Gallagher brothers were in person.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 34 minutes ago at 12:23am
I think the last 2 games (plus the Premier League game the last time) definitely planting a few seeds about is ability to be world class. Still very young and we've seen young goalkeepers make mistakes and still go on to be world class but I don't think it's a sure thing that It's Bazunu N.1 and Kelleher N.2 in the long term. Still a 50/50 one for me. Kelleher needs a move too though
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 23 minutes ago at 12:34am
Neither keeper is the finished product.  Both are still growing and evolving.  Anyone who claims to know which will ultimately wind up as our #1, is simply guessing at this point.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 19 minutes ago at 2:38am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

I know that nobody else cares about it apart from us, but that's 4 goals conceded in a week, and he wasn't exactly facing a ton of shots last night. He's practically guaranteed to concede at least one goal in every Ireland game he plays, and atm it's 2 goals per game. He only has Erling Haaland to face next month. Best of luck with that.  

Kelleher conceded less than that amount, in double the amount of gametime in this group. And yet bizarrely, there is still demands for Travers, the man who lost his last game 9-0, to get the nod ahead of him. 

You're going to concede goals when your own players gift the opposition opportunities to score like Browne and Hourihane did in the past 2 games.

Kellher has played against:
  • Hungary 0-0 away draw (shared a clean sheet with Bazunu, 45 mins each)
  • Qatar 4-0 home win
  • Belgium 2-2 home draw
  • Lithuania 1-0 home win
  • Armenia 1-0 away defeat
  • Ukraine 0-1 home defeat
  • Scotland 3-0 home win
  • Ukraine 1-1 away draw
4 of them were friendlies. 1 clean sheet in competitive games.

Bazunu has played against Portugal x2, Serbia and Scotland. Kelleher has played against Ukraine x2, Belgium and Scotland.

Bazunu has faced attackers such as Ronaldo, Jota, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Mitrović, Vlahović, Tadić and McGinn.

Kelleher has faced attackers such as Yarmolenko, Murdyk, Batshuayi, McGinn and Che Adams.

Bazunu has faced better quality players overall. Belgium rotated heavily against us. Kelleher didn't have to experience Lukaku, Hazard, KDB, Trossard, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
  Share Topic