Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 101>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

The posters are on fire tonight, one lad realises a keeper has legs and the other can tell his height from looking at the tv. 
LOL
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 9:17am
I want what O'Shea is on. A world of positivity 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 2:35pm
I’ve always thought bazunu was a good keeper . I’ve read through the saints forum there the other day just to see how they rate him. Actually scary reading . Most of them think he is a terrible keeper - you’ve got the odd person sticking up for him but basically they all say he is awful at shot stopping but has decent dostribution . Apparently gets beaten an awful lot from shots outside the box . Sound familiar ?
Here we go again, we're on the road again
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 4:45pm
Interesting to see the coverage of James Trafford's struggles for Burnley this season compared to Bazunu's last season. Trafford with a disaster today beyond anything that happened to Bazunu last year. Gets lobbed from 40 yards and pushes it straight into his own goal instead of away for a corner. "MUST HAVE BEEN THE WIND" screams the commentator on the world feed I'm watching...
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Interesting to see the coverage of James Trafford's struggles for Burnley this season compared to Bazunu's last season. Trafford with a disaster today beyond anything that happened to Bazunu last year. Gets lobbed from 40 yards and pushes it straight into his own goal instead of away for a corner. "MUST HAVE BEEN THE WIND" screams the commentator on the world feed I'm watching...

Trafford like Ramsdale is English so it will be soft comforting language and excuses made for him! If your not English your scapegoated and get hit pieces on Sky Sports with Carragher blaming you single handedly for getting Southampton and Leeds relegated like he did with Meslier/Bazunu. 

I think young keepers going into bottom 6/8 PL teams is a recipe for disaster. Young keepers need to learn and it involves making mistakes. The “Prem” doesn’t allow for that unfortunately. Verbuggen only one id give a chance to as Brighton have actually managed him correctly introducing him gradually. Even at that he was a walking accident against Liverpool recently! 

Edited by kevin100 - 28 Oct 2023 at 6:17pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 7:26pm
Seems to have been very lucky not to have conceded a peno today against Birmingham while Southampton were 2-0 up. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Seems to have been very lucky not to have conceded a peno today against Birmingham while Southampton were 2-0 up. 

But he didn't concede a penalty, did he?
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 11:18pm
Did you see it . Was a peno all day long and very rash from gav. Seems to be a different keeper for Southampton - very rash and not reliable 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 11:54pm
Absolute stonewaller LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 12:22pm
https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1722222446886224099

jaysis this is bad reading. hopefully baz can pick up some form quickly
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 12:48pm
Another clean sheet at the weekend and they're up to 4th. He's getting there slowly
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1722222446886224099

jaysis this is bad reading. hopefully baz can pick up some form quickly

Link isn't opening
The dark side.. And the light
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 1:11pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 1:27pm

Sorry, last pic was last season. This season to date above.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 1:37pm
Is that related to how open Southampton are at the back or just his own bad performances?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 1:46pm
He has actually done very little wrong this season. Was at fault for one in a five goal beating but that's about it. The Premier League season came too soon for him, no question, but he's a perfectly capable goalkeeper at Championship level.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 1:56pm
Yeah he's still only 21 which is so young in goalkeeping terms. He seems to have got his confidence back and I've no doubt he'll have a very good career at the highest level
Block301 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Block301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He has actually done very little wrong this season. Was at fault for one in a five goal beating but that's about it. The Premier League season came too soon for him, no question, but he's a perfectly capable goalkeeper at Championship level.
Ah yes - the "All is well" approach.
Opta after all - what do they know about football, eh?

Defensive weaknesses aside - and Southampton absolutely have them - he's still conceding far too many goals (25 goals in 15 games), stopping far too few shots, and worryingly has poor footwork especially for shots outside the area, which L'Equipe picked up on in the lead-up to the game in September and which is part of the reason he's conceding too many goals.

And he's young, but that's no reason not to recognise his weaknesses.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 101>
  Share Topic