You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 98>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

oh yeah the lad playing with copenhagen has progressed loads!! lad hes playing for copenhagen! people are burying their heads in the sand with bazunu.

How did Caoimhín do in his last league game?
Sponsored Links

rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 11:48pm
He could do nothing about those goals tonight. Defence is like wet tissue.

That said, 18 months ago we thought we had an embarrassment of riches in goal but not so sure anymore. GB has not kicked on and now unlikely to be the world class keeper we thought (could still be a fine keeper, but he looked special 18 months ago). CK barely plays and his most recent outings were poor to boot. Ironically Travers could yet have the best career.
StuttgartKY View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuttgartKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 11:59pm
I see a few mentioning that Southampton has been a bit of a graveyard for keepers careers the last few years. Can anyone give a few examples out of interest
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 12:52am
Just seen the goals myself. Smallbone pathetic for the 3rd and 4th. This lad cannot defend, better make sure we have 2 solid midfielders behind him. Bazunu couldn't do much about any of them, pub league defending.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 1:11am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Just seen the goals myself. Smallbone pathetic for the 3rd and 4th. This lad cannot defend, better make sure we have 2 solid midfielders behind him. Bazunu couldn't do much about any of them, pub league defending.

Did the highlights cover the several other one on ones Southampton gave up ? They were awful all night on the edge of their own box, its a disaster for any keeper to have that mess in front of him. I watched the game and agree, Smallbone was a luxury and Manning plays the odd eye catcher of a pass but that's all. The problems there are way bigger than Bazunu or any keeper. Its fu cking up his career being there.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 1:54am
I think Kelleher needs to start from now on
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Aye Gav couldn’t save stamps at the minute. Him or travers deserve a go.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 1:58am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

I like Baz but he's shipping 4 goals every game
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Greener92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 2:44am

How dare you speak sense regarding young Gav. Sure isn’t it normal for a keeper to ship 4+ goals in 3 of his last 5 outings? I know, let’s say the defence are shambolic

Defence my eye. At some stage your keeper has to save you. That’s his job. His PSxG makes for grim reading at the moment, but of course because he is Irish it doesn’t matter. Travers is the most deserving of the No. 1 jersey at this moment in time 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

How dare you speak sense regarding young Gav. Sure isn’t it normal for a keeper to ship 4+ goals in 3 of his last 5 outings? I know, let’s say the defence are shambolic

Defence my eye. At some stage your keeper has to save you. That’s his job. His PSxG makes for grim reading at the moment, but of course because he is Irish it doesn’t matter. Travers is the most deserving of the No. 1 jersey at this moment in time 

Watch the game - tell us which goals he should be saving. You cannot save the unsaveable.
We're decent enough..
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 8:14am

Unlikely - I’d say travers is ahead of him if Kenny was making a change. 
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 9:05am
for last night the only criticism of him might be that the team can’t play the ball out from the back so he should be sending the ball long into the other half rather than starting these passing moves that break down and end in goals. But that is obviously a manager policy. A game plan not suited to the players they have. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 9:17am
He's on his fourth manager at Southampton now, and he's only been there just over a year. And you couldn't be certain that this lad will see out the season either, as he seems to be anti-defending for whatever reason. Can't be good for Bazunu's form dealing with a never-ending merry go round of managers, defenders who can't defend and a manager who doesn't seem to want them to.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 9:18am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He's on his fourth manager at Southampton now, and he's only been there just over a year. And you couldn't be certain that this lad will see out the season either, as he seems to be anti-defending for whatever reason. Can't be good for Bazunu's form dealing with a never-ending merry go round of managers, defenders who can't defend and a manager who doesn't seem to want them to.

all true but we've enough evidence to suggest he is a keeper that cant stop shots either. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 9:26am

all true but we've enough evidence to suggest he is a keeper that cant stop shots either. 

Still beats the lad who's scratching his hole on the bench week after week at 25 years of age anyway.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 9:43am

He made s couple of decent saved last night! I see you’re commenting again despite not watching the game.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 10:10am

Still beats the lad who's scratching his hole on the bench week after week at 25 years of age anyway.

Well the hole scratcher as you so deprecatingly refer to him will likely be getting quite a few games in the next couple of months between the EL and the CC (hopefully at least), so that may move the dial somewhat.

Tbf to Baz, a lot of the issues at Southampton are down to the manager who seems to think he is some kind of tactical genius. Smallbone is not a 6 and he never will be, he is an offensive 8 or a 10. Manning is playing as a hybrid LCB/CDM with Walker Peters playing as a RW at times. The balance is all wrong, that team should be doing better with the players available, even the centre backs arent as bad as they look in Martin's system. 

That's not to excuse Bazunu by the way, he has not been great by any stretch and he is still part of a defence that is shipping goals at an alarming rate. I didnt see the game last night, but I have seen him a couple of times this season and he looks like he's playing with fear, a far cry from the young lad who burst on the scene not so long ago. 
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 10:13am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Well the hole scratcher as you so deprecatingly refer to him will likely be getting quite a few games in the next couple of months between the EL and the CC (hopefully at least), so that may move the dial somewhat.

Well he'd want to be, because 99% of his club career so far has basically just been him having a free season ticket to watch Liverpool.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 98>
  Share Topic