You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas and Electricity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 4:14pm
Anyone that has switched electricity suppliers recently, what was your average usage?

We just got our bill and its steadily gone up for the past 2 years, now using 1280 units every two months, which seems to be miles above the average use.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 4:34pm
i switched mid Feb from FloGas to Electric Ireland. Used the comparisons sites to calculate the ebst option as I would normally use a lot less that the average. 

My latest electricity bill is 200 units over a 54 day bill period and it worked out at €38.65 for usage only or €79.64 with all the charges (vat, standing, PSO)
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

i switched mid Feb from FloGas to Electric Ireland. Used the comparisons sites to calculate the ebst option as I would normally use a lot less that the average. 

My latest electricity bill is 200 units over a 54 day bill period and it worked out at €38.65 for usage only or €79.64 with all the charges (vat, standing, PSO)

I have to look at it again, thats nuts. Mine was 62 days, 270.76 for usage, 310.61 with PSO, VAT and everything. It's only myself, the mrs and the dog. And he's only allowed an hour of TV a day
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

I have to look at it again, thats nuts. Mine was 62 days, 270.76 for usage, 310.61 with PSO, VAT and everything. It's only myself, the mrs and the dog. And he's only allowed an hour of TV a day
Check if your bill is an estimated or actual reading. If its estimated, read the meter yourself and if theres a big difference in your favour then ring them up give them the reading and ask them to reissue the bill.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 7:04pm

f**kin hell you own a kettle?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 7:24pm

Check if your bill is an estimated or actual reading. If its estimated, read the meter yourself and if theres a big difference in your favour then ring them up give them the reading and ask them to reissue the bill.

I've gone over the last 12 months and only 2 of the last 6 are estimated. The total for the year is 6765 units, at an average of 1127.5 bi monthly so costing 282 EUR Dead
Going to have to take the oul fella route and start unplugging stuff
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Jaysis Sham you must never be in.  Used 700 units over the course of Dec to Feb coming in at 228.   House is going full throttle to be fair with working from home and dishwasher and washing machine and tumble dryer during the winter too.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:08pm

LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:10pm

I've gone over the last 12 months and only 2 of the last 6 are estimated. The total for the year is 6765 units, at an average of 1127.5 bi monthly so costing 282 EUR Dead
Going to have to take the oul fella route and start unplugging stuff
every little helps. Theres a website that tells you what everything uses. The likes of a tumble dryer and power shower are pricey-in comparison to a lightbulb. Stuff in standby can still use up to 20% of what they would when being used.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:11pm
We started getting into the habit last year of unplugging anything we aren't using, turning off lights etc. Wasn't a price issue at the time but it's terrible waste. Extra cautious now with price

I wonder will there be a noticeable drop in demand nationwide because people are being more careful? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jaysis Sham you must never be in.  Used 700 units over the course of Dec to Feb coming in at 228.   House is going full throttle to be fair with working from home and dishwasher and washing machine and tumble dryer during the winter too.  
I work 12 hour shifts mixture of days and nights. Those days are usually a write off on power usage. My rest days i like to get out and about, visit the young lad etc so rarely in. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:32pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I work 12 hour shifts mixture of days and nights. Those days are usually a write off on power usage. My rest days i like to get out and about, visit the young lad etc so rarely in. 

Yeah makes sense, we have a full house here and the tumble dryer is a life saver with young kids but its expensive as f**k.  Working from home during the winter also drives up electricity costs but you save on diesel or petrol and lunches etc.  
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:38pm
Dishwasher and washing machine on like mad here too. Never a day passes without either on. 

Unavoidable really. sh*ting it over next bill.
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 9:22pm

Dishwasher and washing machine on like mad here too. Never a day passes without either on. 

The joys of kids. ****s 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 9:23pm

That’s probably why your washing machine is always on Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 10:11pm
890 units for the last 2 months 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 10:34pm
833 here
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 10:37pm
Unless the clobber is manky would a quick wash at 30 not do for most stuff? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic