You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Garth Brooks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garth Brooks

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091>
Author
Message
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1603
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Two more shows added....that's 5 gigs residents gathering pitchforks as we speak
Having lived beside Croker for 4 years i can say he will not be getting 5 gigs.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Back to Top
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Location: Tibet
Status: Offline
Points: 14291
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Two more shows added....that's 5 gigs residents gathering pitchforks as we speak
Having lived beside Croker for 4 years i can say he will not be getting 5 gigs.
ClapClapClap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Back to Top
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 23668
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Two more shows added....that's 5 gigs residents gathering pitchforks as we speak
Having lived beside Croker for 4 years i can say he will not be getting 5 gigs.

Why do you say that? I don't think they would have went through this again without the signal from authorities that it will be alright 
Back to Top
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 8388
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:33am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Two more shows added....that's 5 gigs residents gathering pitchforks as we speak
Having lived beside Croker for 4 years i can say he will not be getting 5 gigs.

Why do you say that? I don't think they would have went through this again without the signal from authorities that it will be alright 
Yeah I get the sense that he wouldn't be going through this again unless he new he was okay to proceed
Back to Top
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 23668
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:41am
Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"



Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Nov 2021 at 11:44am
Back to Top
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Location: Clairefontaine
Status: Offline
Points: 14956
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:51am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"


Yep I agree, they did get license for 5 this time (so i believe) and it was agreed with residents.

It's definitely the same for Aviva too as I have a friend who lives close by. Anytime anything comes up outside of the agreed he gets a letter from the residents association about a meeting to discuss...sure it was the residents committee who kept the North Stand to one tier.
You can motorboat but no whistling
Back to Top
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1603
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

Well i didn't have a problem with the odd concert but you have to contend with the rigging before the concerts, trucks etc constantly coming and going, the rehearsing before hand with the lights in croker shining well past 10 O' Clock along with sound testing which starts a few days before the concerts, not being allowed to drive anywhere on the day of the concerts, once you leave your house your not allowed back until well after the concerts are over, being asked by stewards from croke park where you are going when you are trying to get to your house after a walk etc etc. Its ok for one or two concerts but 5. I was the same what's their problem but when you actually live beside it you can see their point.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Back to Top
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 23668
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:33pm
don’t get me wrong that is a hassle alright but contending with it 5 times a year versus 3 it’s not that big of a stretch. They are all more or less back to back too so it’s not like 5 different sets being moved in and out for each one

Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Nov 2021 at 12:34pm
Back to Top
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Fresh minty breath

Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 13999
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:39pm
got 2 tickets for the 5th night ClapClapClap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Back to Top
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 1125
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

don’t get me wrong that is a hassle alright but contending with it 5 times a year versus 3 it’s not that big of a stretch. They are all more or less back to back too so it’s not like 5 different sets being moved in and out for each one
You say the residents got their way the last time but Croke Park was over its limit that year and only 3 nights were allowed. Gareth Brooks could’ve still played 3 nights but threw his toys out of the pram because he wanted 5 nights.
Back to Top
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
MAYO FOR SAM

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: The local
Status: Offline
Points: 6261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

Well i didn't have a problem with the odd concert but you have to contend with the rigging before the concerts, trucks etc constantly coming and going, the rehearsing before hand with the lights in croker shining well past 10 O' Clock along with sound testing which starts a few days before the concerts, not being allowed to drive anywhere on the day of the concerts, once you leave your house your not allowed back until well after the concerts are over, being asked by stewards from croke park where you are going when you are trying to get to your house after a walk etc etc. Its ok for one or two concerts but 5. I was the same what's their problem but when you actually live beside it you can see their point.
 
I fully understand residents concerns. They bought houses beside a sports ground so have to deal with the sporting side of things but additional days of not being able to drive in and out of my own home would really piss me off.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Back to Top
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Location: Christmas Island
Status: Offline
Points: 24911
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:05pm
The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Back to Top
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2019
Location: Co.Down
Status: Offline
Points: 614
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".


While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 
Back to Top
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Location: Tibet
Status: Offline
Points: 14291
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:29pm
Trust me when i say there is only one show in town at work this morning as people have gone over the top about this Country and Western singer , Hummmmm whatever .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Back to Top
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Location: Christmas Island
Status: Offline
Points: 24911
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".


While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 

Fair point but he is incredibly disingenuous when it comes to Ireland and how wonderful we are.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Back to Top
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2019
Location: Co.Down
Status: Offline
Points: 614
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".


While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 

Fair point but he is incredibly disingenuous when it comes to Ireland and how wonderful we are.

I don't doubt that for a second. 
Back to Top
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 8388
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".


While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 

Fair point but he is incredibly disingenuous when it comes to Ireland and how wonderful we are.
I'd say 90% of concerts I've gone to the artist has said something along the lines of "this is the best crowd we've had all tour"
Back to Top
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Location: Christmas Island
Status: Offline
Points: 24911
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:47pm
https://d.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=198333979130419&id=257558294273180&_rdr

Watch

The man is a Grade A ****


Edited by McG - 25 Nov 2021 at 1:49pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.