You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gareth Bale............................

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

dont think its all down to pace to be fair
seems to have a great delivery on him and a good shot - as goal at stoke and hat trick at san siro would prove

His delivery is good but i would also question the defending in the box, Crouch could have had a hat trick last night, that Lucio lad is more interested in attacking than defending, for crouchs goal he was in no mans land, half heartedly running towards bale as the ball was crossed by him
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:12am
Lets see, where does one start Ken.

Inter's Champions League triumph was based typically on a Mourinhio rock solid defence, of which Maicon was rated the best right back of the tournament. Then he went with Brazil to the World Cup and had a decent tournament Dutch game aside. He is rated as the best right back in the World

But hang on Bale didn't have a great game against Rafael or whoever was playing there for Man United..and so therefore he hasn't played a decent defender in the past year then.

Stern%20Smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Lets see, where does one start Ken.Inter's Champions League triumph was based typically on a Mourinhio rock solid defence, of which Maicon was rated the best right back of the tournament. Then he went with Brazil to the World Cup and had a decent tournament Dutch game aside. He is rated as the best right back in the World But hang on Bale didn't have a great game against Rafael or whoever was playing there for Man United..and so therefore he hasn't played a decent defender in the past year then. Stern%20Smile

The important part of that comment is that Mourinho was manager when they had a solid defence

They aint even top of a league that they have strolled to winning over the last 4 years

6 goals conceded in 2 games against spurs- rock solid alright
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:14am
Apparently Gareth Bale was arrested last night for repeatedly raping a Brazilian male in London last night.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 03 Nov 2010 at 8:14am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
whiskeyman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskeyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:24am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Apparently Gareth Bale was arrested last night for repeatedly raping a Brazilian male in London last night.

The victim was actually arrested.
He was Bailed last night though.
Dead
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:49am
LOLLOLLOLClapClapClap
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:24am

Sky comparing him to messiLOL he is nowhere near the same level as messi.

As for ppl on here saying he is the best winger in world right now i presume ye are counting messi and ronaldo as a forwards then. They're probably the only 2 wide players id have ahead of him at the minute.
He's in some form and is a joy to watch, Spurs will do well to hang onto him if he keeps it up!
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:35am

Lets see, where does one start Ken.

Inter's Champions League triumph was based typically on a Mourinhio rock solid defence, of which Maicon was rated the best right back of the tournament. Then he went with Brazil to the World Cup and had a decent tournament Dutch game aside. He is rated as the best right back in the World

But hang on Bale didn't have a great game against Rafael or whoever was playing there for Man United..and so therefore he hasn't played a decent defender in the past year then.

Stern%20Smile

Clap

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

dont think its all down to pace to be fair
seems to have a great delivery on him and a good shot - as goal at stoke and hat trick at san siro would prove

His delivery is good but i would also question the defending in the box, Crouch could have had a hat trick last night, that Lucio lad is more interested in attacking than defending, for crouchs goal he was in no mans land, half heartedly running towards bale as the ball was crossed by him

Ken,

While I can definitely see your point about the disaster - and getting worse - that is the Inter Milan defense, nobody can question Gareth Bale's quality.

This guy was a winger all his life until some stupid coach at Southampton decided to play him left-full, that's how he was introduced in to the Southampton first team and that's why he was bought by SPurs - as a left full!!!

Redders took 6 months but finally found out this fella was a class winger (never lost a match as a Junior soccer player age u-10s to u-16s because he was so far superior to all opposition and teammates at those ages).  Redknapp put him on left wing in January and the lad has proved his class since.

Anybody just talking about the match against Inter the otehr night are band-wagon jumping.  Gareth Bale has been the best left winger in the world for 10 months now.  No question about it.

Sure, Fergie sorted a way of dealing with him and he definitely has no right foot - but he can be world class against any team if given the breathing space.

Anyone questionning Bale's quality certainly haven't got a clue about the game.  Scouts and coaches that worked with him at under age level always maintained he'd be the next Ryan Giggs.  I can't understand why coaches and managers had him playing left full for the first 4 years of his professional career.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:51am

Lets see, where does one start Ken.Inter's Champions League triumph was based typically on a Mourinhio rock solid defence, of which Maicon was rated the best right back of the tournament. Then he went with Brazil to the World Cup and had a decent tournament Dutch game aside. He is rated as the best right back in the World But hang on Bale didn't have a great game against Rafael or whoever was playing there for Man United..and so therefore he hasn't played a decent defender in the past year then. Stern%20Smile

The important part of that comment is that Mourinho was manager when they had a solid defence

They aint even top of a league that they have strolled to winning over the last 4 years

So he suddenly becomes a sh*te defender because the manager leaves.

Just because Bale doesn't play for Man U... try and give the lad some credit. I'm not jumping on any of this he's the best winger in the world sh*te..but ffs Ken he was fantastic in the two games against Inter, and since Christmas last he's been in excellent form.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:57am

So he suddenly becomes a sh*te defender because the manager leaves.Just because Bale doesn't play for Man U... try and give the lad some credit. I'm not jumping on any of this he's the best winger in the world sh*te..but ffs Ken he was fantastic in the two games against Inter, and since Christmas last he's been in excellent form.

I have given him plenty of credit

Cant help thinking that if it wasnt this lad managing Inter then Bale wouldnt have had so much joy against them though

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:06pm

To say Bale is primarily pace is just ridiculous.  He has bags of skill and can go inside or outside (as he did on Tuesday night) and he has more end product (this season anyhow) than the vast majority of brainless wingers.  This lad has brains to burn and gets his head up so he can give himself a chance to make the correct decision.  You can't compare him to Messi, no more than you can compare Messi to Diego, or Best, you can't compare any players to one another, that old line has been trotted out for decades and it's sh*te.

Bale is world class at present, anyone who says otherwise is either clueless or just plain jealous.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 6:53am
Bale can not go inside.  Fact. 

Look at the job Rafael did to him at Old Trafford last Saturday.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

heard this argument from a lot of United fans since Tuesday night.
Plenty of top class players have games when they are well marked and not at their best - Rooney, Drogba, Ronaldo, Messi have all been well marked in certain matches over the years

doesn't mean they aren't world class
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:00am

Bale > Maicon

Rafael > Bale.

So therefore,

Rafael > Maicon.

The maths doesn't lie.LOL

If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:01am
his crossing is generally top class,Rednapp has said recently that he sees him as a left full eventually,surely not anymore
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:26am
Wow - the nonsence in these forums.  Just look at Delap's reply to my comment.  Completely missing the point.

Obvioulsy I didn't base my opinion on Rafael's performance. And nor did Alex Ferguson.  Fergis clearly knew very well to keep Bale on his right foot.  I certainly would have been of the same opinion - because the fella is amazing at going down the outside. Best winger in the world at the moment.  I've already said that in this thread.  I also, as a massive Manchester United fan, would love it, just love it, if we signed him.

Great player!  I was just discounting somebody else's opinion that Bale is a good player cutting inside, he ain't.  He actually doesn't have a right foot whatsoever.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:32am

Wow - the nonsence in these forums.  Just look at Delap's reply to my comment.  Completely missing the point.Obvioulsy I didn't base my opinion on Rafael's performance. And nor did Alex Ferguson.  Fergis clearly knew very well to keep Bale on his right foot.  I certainly would have been of the same opinion - because the fella is amazing at going down the outside. Best winger in the world at the moment.  I've already said that in this thread.  I also, as a massive Manchester United fan, would love it, just love it, if we signed him.Great player!  I was just discounting somebody else's opinion that Bale is a good player cutting inside, he ain't.  He actually doesn't have a right foot whatsoever.

If you watched the game against united you would have seen that he had his most dangerous moment when he cut inside and skinned vidic he shot just wide from a tight angle on his right foot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic