You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garda Speed Camera -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 7:12pm
They are advised not to bother as it would not stand up in court, because, as Daboi says, they can't take a pic.
Think everyone is kinda right somewhere here
Fact is if you get done after not being pulled over you are very very very unlucky
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

@Soccerc The hand held radar gun cannot take a photograph!

Its a LED screen which will give the speed the car was travelling at.. You must be pulled in

Bar you got a guard who managed to register your speed,reg number make and model of the car as you drove past him which is highly unlikely

Speed Vans and Fixed Cameras can only automatically send you a ticket

I know a hand held can't take a photo. You do not have to be pulled,

These are the words in a text from TC member

'The alleged offender doesn't have to be followed and pulled over and shown reading'

'if the second member takes note of make, model and reg  contemporaneously we can and do prosecute, prosecute here is issue a fine to the registered owner'

'I don't have to show you the speed reading if we pull you over but generally do unless the skobe is being aggressive'.

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:53pm
@Soccerc The hand held radar gun cannot take a photograph!

Its a LED screen which will give the speed the car was travelling at.. You must be pulled in

Bar you got a guard who managed to register your speed,reg number make and model of the car as you drove past him which is highly unlikely

Speed Vans and Fixed Cameras can only automatically send you a ticket

Edited by daboi89 - 28 Nov 2012 at 6:55pm
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

You can only be done if the cop pulls you over there and then

Afraid that's not true, you can get  a non intercept fine in the post where they just note make and model of car, reg and speed Angry

You must be pulled over and shown the reading on the gatso gun. You are then issues with a fine. a fixed camera or speed van sends you the ticket in the post

Nope, there is no onus on you to be shown reading on gun nor is there any onus  on the Gardai to prove gun is accurate. That's why they operate in pairs, one to witness the other and the reading.  Gerk has confirmed  theyare advised not to but can.  I've asked a TC member and he says he does issue non intercept for Laser detections.

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:41pm
Very true daboi
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:35pm

Afraid that's not true, you can get  a non intercept fine in the post where they just note make and model of car, reg and speed Angry

You must be pulled over and shown the reading on the gatso gun. You are then issues with a fine. a fixed camera or speed van sends you the ticket in the post
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

The Handheld Units cant take a picture. I thought I got done on the Dundalk Motorway before Christmas. Contacted a guard I know and he said they cant register a photograph. A Unit down the road has to pull you in.

Most people get off when they are pulled in anyway as it has to be mounted on a tripod. If what your saying is there was some Garda with it in his hand pointing it and you wernt stopped down the road I wouldnt worry much.

I was certain I was done and never heard a thingThumbs Up

Is this true? The one that got me outside Galway during the summer wasn't on a tripod.

ye a guard told me this a while back. they cant take a photo. its a laser which registers speed between 2 set distances. they have to get a car down the road to pull you in. you must then request a print out of the reading and admit the offence. several people get off as when its not on a tripod it can give inaccurate readings. Normally a judge will throw out the case if there are any doubts.

were you pulled in and shown the reading? If you wernt it was a fixed camera or van that stung you

Edited by daboi89 - 28 Nov 2012 at 6:37pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:29pm

I reckon it was a van Sono

Gardai are advised not to issue fines if they do not pull them over there and then as they don't stand up in court

Advised not to?

That's why they've two coppers, one to witness the other. I'd imagine most pay up the fine and take the points rather than challenge it in court.

Would our Garda member Ybiggers please confirm LOL

I just have Wink

My brother is a speed cop. I don't get fines Tongue
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:28pm

Gardai are advised not to issue fines if they do not pull them over there and then as they don't stand up in court

Advised not to?

That's why they've two coppers, one to witness the other. I'd imagine most pay up the fine and take the points rather than challenge it in court.

Would our Garda member Ybiggers please confirm LOL

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:24pm

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:19pm
Hard to know when I didn't see the car, if I did I would have slowed down

If what you say is correct then it must have been a van.

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Yes what JB says is true, happened to me before near Red Cow.

If it's a Garda with a speed gun they HAVE to pull you over

Were you done by something else? Van etc?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:46pm

Yes what JB says is true, happened to me before near Red Cow.

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:38pm

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:32pm

Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:42pm

The Handheld Units cant take a picture. I thought I got done on the Dundalk Motorway before Christmas. Contacted a guard I know and he said they cant register a photograph. A Unit down the road has to pull you in.

Most people get off when they are pulled in anyway as it has to be mounted on a tripod. If what your saying is there was some Garda with it in his hand pointing it and you wernt stopped down the road I wouldnt worry much.

I was certain I was done and never heard a thingThumbs Up
Is this true? The one that got me outside Galway during the summer wasn't on a tripod.
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:32pm
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but on Facebook there is a page called Garda Checkpoints Dublin (there are a few pages for different areas around the country)

People who see the checkpoints post to that page and you'll know where they are quickly after they are set up.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:01pm
Been on 3 different motorways in the last week and have seen vans and one gatso check on all 3. Safest and longest stretch of the M1 and there on it. Coonts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic