You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garda Speed Camera -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garda Speed Camera -
    Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 6:57pm
I had a receipt from the post office which showed an attempt to pay and the judge just said pay money to a charity of outside and that was that, I reckon if you say you neglected the letter he will just let you away with a fine and no points, well here's hoping IM.

irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Got a summons to court for a speeding fine off a gatso van. 77kph in a 60! Does this still get thrown out if i saw i never got the origional fine in the post?

Same happened to me a few years ago, got the fine and forgot about it, went on holidays and then remembered to pay it but by then was too late, ended up going to court about 9 months later and had to pay money to a charity and no penalty points although its meant to be double the original if you miss it, judge forgot to tell me about them so I was delighted!

What did you say in court sono?
If youre made to pay money to the charity box it means that you are cleared of the offence, therefore he couldnt give you the points
Here we go again
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 6:36pm

Got a summons to court for a speeding fine off a gatso van. 77kph in a 60! Does this still get thrown out if i saw i never got the origional fine in the post?

Same happened to me a few years ago, got the fine and forgot about it, went on holidays and then remembered to pay it but by then was too late, ended up going to court about 9 months later and had to pay money to a charity and no penalty points although its meant to be double the original if you miss it, judge forgot to tell me about them so I was delighted!

Edited by Sono - 11 Mar 2013 at 6:37pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 6:35pm
That's from section 103(10) of the Road Traffic Act 1961, as inserted by section 18(h) of the Road Traffic Act 2004 and amended by section 14(f) of the Road Traffic Act 2006.

The section is due to be repealed and replaced by section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 2010 but that hasn't been commenced yet. Basically, you have to "show" that you never received the fixed charge notice. Most judges will not accept a bald assertion that you never got it.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 11 Mar 2013 at 6:37pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 6:32pm

(10) In a prosecution for a fixed charge offence it shall be presumed until the contrary is shown that—

(a) the relevant notice under this section has been served or affixed or caused to be served or affixed, and

(b) that a payment pursuant to the relevant notice under this section, accompanied by the notice, duly completed (unless the notice provides for payment without the notice accompanying the payment), has not been made

Edited by SuperDave84 - 11 Mar 2013 at 6:35pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 6:29pm

post deleted

Edited by SuperDave84 - 11 Mar 2013 at 6:30pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Nope, you pretty much need evidence that you have long standing trouble with your post. Simply saying that won't get you off.
That quite simply is not true, as i know that up until last year anyway it was a valid excuse and thrown out straight away. Just wondering if there has been any changes in the law?

It depends on the judge, some judges will and some judges won't. However, it has got a lot tougher in front of most judges:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/judge-rules-traffic-fines-lost-in-post-no-longer-an-excuse-96488.html

That was 2009, ive read articles from 2011 that saw 2 out of 3 cases are thrown out. Frustrating thing is i actually did know nothing about it until I got a call off a guard saying i'd a court summons. I got one of these last year and paid it so that'll probably look good on me
Here we go again
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 5:54pm

Nope, you pretty much need evidence that you have long standing trouble with your post. Simply saying that won't get you off.
That quite simply is not true, as i know that up until last year anyway it was a valid excuse and thrown out straight away. Just wondering if there has been any changes in the law?

It depends on the judge, some judges will and some judges won't. However, it has got a lot tougher in front of most judges:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/judge-rules-traffic-fines-lost-in-post-no-longer-an-excuse-96488.html

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 5:48pm

Here we go again
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 5:45pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 5:00pm
Here we go again
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 9:09am
wish I had known this a few years ago. 1st points ever, an ould wan of gaurd, pulled me doing 140 in a 120 Km, even though there was a truck on the inside lane between me and her. She was on her own just after where the carlow road joins the m7 heading to dublin, Fish in a barrel, She barely had time to clock me as I saw her other victim pulling away.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 8:56am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

@Soccerc The hand held radar gun cannot take a photograph!

Its a LED screen which will give the speed the car was travelling at.. You must be pulled in

Bar you got a guard who managed to register your speed,reg number make and model of the car as you drove past him which is highly unlikely

Speed Vans and Fixed Cameras can only automatically send you a ticket

I know a hand held can't take a photo. You do not have to be pulled,

These are the words in a text from TC member

'The alleged offender doesn't have to be followed and pulled over and shown reading'

'if the second member takes note of make, model and reg  contemporaneously we can and do prosecute, prosecute here is issue a fine to the registered owner'

'I don't have to show you the speed reading if we pull you over but generally do unless the skobe is being aggressive'.

Seems a very odd thing for the guards to do Confused

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 8:54am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

have 11 points myself, after getting 7 since i got my new car in March Cry

It'll be March 2013 before you will hear those words uttered by Harry Redknapp
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 11:39pm
Garda with the ol hairdryer has to pull you over straight away.

The lads in the van can can catch by post the bastards!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by ODCO ODCO wrote:

Another one of Scoccerc's ridiculously inaccurate facts to add to "there's No Shengan agreement in place for the euros". What the Gerk and Daibo said is correct. SoccerC YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN.

I know the law very wellCool

Gold Star and no homework at the weekend for you, best scholar of the week Wink

ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 11:22pm
Another one of Scoccerc's ridiculously inaccurate facts to add to "there's No Shengan agreement in place for the euros". What the Gerk and Daibo said is correct. SoccerC YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN.

I know the law very wellCool
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 9:47pm
have 11 points myself, after getting 7 since i got my new car in March Cry
The main thing is not to panic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic