You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Game of Thrones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

I hated it. We’ve had the threat of the white walkers built up for 7 and a half seasons, and then they are entirely wiped out in the space of a few hours? Bollocks to that

i'd say the white walkers originate from Mayo and season ticket holders with the footballers 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Yeah very similar alright. Think Bran speaking to Theon were the only lines in that time. Even the end, no music, just pure silence. Great viewing. Same director as Hardhome & Battle of the Bastards

Yep there was only Bran's "Your'e a good man" line in the last 20 minutes.

That Ayra scene in the library was brilliant  felt very Resident Evil/ Slasher horror-esque

Enjoyed the episode but I slightly agree with Hunty it seemed a bit rushed in the end.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 30 Apr 2019 at 11:14am
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:52am

The introduction of the dead felt like an excuse to churn out another one of those zombie movies. 
El Puto Amo
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 12:09pm
Really enjoyed the episode but can understand why some were disappointed with it.

The lighting was dreadful. Switched the picture settings to dynamic and that improved it but the likes of the dragon battle were impossible to make out.

The White Walkers literally did nothing. I had expected them to face off against some of the main characters and if any White Walker died for the wights they had reanimated to die making the odds slightly better for the living. Probably understandable given that killing them means killing a chunk of their forces but it still seemed poor not giving them the sort of battle Jon had with one of them before.

The crypt stuff was ridiculous. They knew the Night King could raise the dead, no one thought of that? Not even Tyrion? Seriously?

Thought more main characters needed to die. Since they ran out of source material they've given up on the shock element that made it so good back in the day in favour of fan service. There were too many scenes when major characters were on the verge only to survive in spurious circumstances.

I do feel the whole threat of the army of the dead and the NK was dealt with too quickly but with only three episodes left there wasn't really much else they could do unless they marched South and I've always felt that they can only move with the winter. Although whether they were bringing the winter with them is another thing I've wondered.

I've resigned myself that it's not going to hit the heights of the middle seasons, it's still excellent though.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 12:21pm

I hated it. We’ve had the threat of the white walkers built up for 7 and a half seasons, and then they are entirely wiped out in the space of a few hours? Bollocks to that

The writing fell apart a bit once they passed the books. If GRRM does finish them I'd say they'll be quite different.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Really enjoyed the episode but can understand why some were disappointed with it.

The lighting was dreadful. Switched the picture settings to dynamic and that improved it but the likes of the dragon battle were impossible to make out.

The White Walkers literally did nothing. I had expected them to face off against some of the main characters and if any White Walker died for the wights they had reanimated to die making the odds slightly better for the living. Probably understandable given that killing them means killing a chunk of their forces but it still seemed poor not giving them the sort of battle Jon had with one of them before.

The crypt stuff was ridiculous. They knew the Night King could raise the dead, no one thought of that? Not even Tyrion? Seriously?

Thought more main characters needed to die. Since they ran out of source material they've given up on the shock element that made it so good back in the day in favour of fan service. There were too many scenes when major characters were on the verge only to survive in spurious circumstances.

I do feel the whole threat of the army of the dead and the NK was dealt with too quickly but with only three episodes left there wasn't really much else they could do unless they marched South and I've always felt that they can only move with the winter. Although whether they were bringing the winter with them is another thing I've wondered.

I've resigned myself that it's not going to hit the heights of the middle seasons, it's still excellent though.

Agree with a good bit of this. They built up potential threats so much, but none of them truly delivered. They made the white walkers, the night king in particular, look almost unstoppable, and in the end they only managed to kill Theon. For a show that was so well known for having big names get killed off, it seems now that they’re almost invincible, even in the most perilous situations.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:35pm

The dead were brutal fighters. Even Daenerys was slapping them around. 
El Puto Amo
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 2:10pm
People moaning for the sake of moaning. One of the best episodes of television ever.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

People moaning for the sake of moaning. One of the best episodes of television ever.

It was nothing compared to the plane crash in Emmerdale farm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:12pm
Hold on. Hang on here. WTF 

Scene 41, Episode 2. Series 8

A 12 year old girl who is one of the best character took her clothes off and was riding- how has the internet not broke over this... Araya...it was literally the last thing I was expecting to see. My poor eyes. ShockingConfused
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm

Agree with a good bit of this. They built up potential threats so much, but none of them truly delivered. They made the white walkers, the night king in particular, look almost unstoppable, and in the end they only managed to kill Theon. For a show that was so well known for having big names get killed off, it seems now that they’re almost invincible, even in the most perilous situations.

100% agree, but i'll add the below

In terms of Theon and Jorah getting killed off, both characters had completed their story arcs of being the hero then cast away only to be the hero again before there deaths.

Was there anything more for them to do? I'm not so sure, Theon could have probably ducked it out with Euron but I think that will be left to Yara who will return for the next big battle for Kings Landing.

I'm calling this one too Euron will run off like the sleazy prick he has been for the last few years when the going gets tough and he'll run straight into a Yara yielded weapon.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

A 12 year old girl who is one of the best character took her clothes off and was riding- how has the internet not broke over this... Araya...it was literally the last thing I was expecting to see. My poor eyes. ShockingConfused

LOL

She is 22 now
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:16pm
22!!! LOL

I really was just expecting her to ask him to bake a cake or something. It was defintely the biggest shock ever watching the 8 series
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOL

She is 22 now
Probably the most searched for thing on google after watching the episode, just to make sure it was alright to keep looking
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:13pm

God forbid anyone look at it with a critical eye. There's at least 5 GoT episodes I could name off the top of my head that are better without even considering other shows so hardly one of the best episodes of television ever. Still very good but had its faults. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOL

She is 22 now
Probably the most searched for thing on google after watching the episode, just to make sure it was alright to keep w**king

Fixed that for you
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:50pm

God forbid anyone look at it with a critical eye. There's at least 5 GoT episodes I could name off the top of my head that are better without even considering other shows so hardly one of the best episodes of television ever. Still very good but had its faults. 
Had its faults like every episode or show does but I'd agree, was one of the best I've ever seen too. Each to their own
Some people just deserve a slap
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:05pm

While I understand peoples complaints about the lighting, I think it's done as to not make the CGI look cheap but also, it's night time and it would look stupid if they added more lighting than just natural lighting. I thought the dead coming alive in the crypt was fairly obvious considering the week before they couldn't stress enough how safe it was going to be down there, but I get your point on no one even thinking they might come alive. Then again, maybe they thought the NK had to kill them for them to come alive.

There wasn't enough death of the main characters and the fact Sam survived was laughable but again, I think when they kill off big characters they like to give them screen time and it just didn't seem possible in that episode.

A few of my mates were saying they felt ripped off because of the battle being done in 1 episode and it seemed like they rushed that story line after building it up for years but again, the white walkers are a side story in the whole show, a pretty large one but still. The main premise of the show is who will end up on the iron throne. We've barely seen the white walkers throughout all seasons, it's just been built up incredibly well, maybe too well to their detriment, and people have lost sight of the fact they aren't the main story line in all of this. 

I thought last night was excellent. The knife drop was just brilliant and also the dothraki running in to battle with the flames all extinguishing was brilliant. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic