You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Game of Thrones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

.It's gonna be interesting to see what Jon will do once he learns of his lineage

How will he learn of it tho. Nobody else knows the truth. Ned Stark didn't even tell his wife it was his sister's child.

emm, Bran knows

Quality episode. Shame its a year till its back
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:09pm
Ah ya, forgot abut Bran.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:14pm
I have to say I think the relationship between Jamie Lanister and Bronn of Blackwater Bay is brilliant.
During the feast Bronn says 'you prefer them blonde'. Which of course was a jibe to Jamies sister. If anyone else said that they'd be dead on the spot. But the characters have a mutual repsect and fear of each other. And in an odd way are friends even though they use each other for their own means.  
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:46pm
That episode had so much happen, unbelievable. Best TV show
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:56pm
Had so many episodes to catch up on after France. Surprised I didn't hear about anything while I was away.
Was already said but the music during the first 15/20 minutes of the last ep really heightened the tension. Some new things like the slow motion of the horses running into battle, it even visually looked good.
The dark side.. And the light
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 12:09am
I'm on the blower so can't link it but the music is on YouTube. Makes you wanna go outdoors and go on a murderous crusade.

Long Live Queen Cersei
raclle View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

I love points

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raclle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 10:21pm
What did everyone make of season 7?
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 11:11pm
Some jaw dropping scenes as ever, really impressed with those. But a lot of the season was pretty poor, felt some stuff was way too rushed, lazy writing
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 7:54am
Fairly meh, very predictable, think it lost its way
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:24am
Not enough ridin going on.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:30am
Only incest this season
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:07am
Was an Impressive production but scale was so big the story building suffered a bit and they story progressed in a very 'rushed way', e.g. Jon was going between dragon stone and east point/winterfell from one scene to the next whereas usually it would take half a serious with many adventures along the way.

Next season will probably be similar with 6 movie length episodes and big battles to come.

There were a couple of open mouth scenes but no really shocking moments like the hodor revelation in the previous season that really made you think and appreciate the story telling
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:20am
Yeah rushed was the word I'd use for it too.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:47am
I enjoyed it, some brilliant battle scenes in nearly all episodes, the penultimate episode was excellent but the last one was pretty sh*te!

The whole series was rushed, way too much to squeeze into 7 episodes.

Every death and revelation was predictable and boring.

I think it would've been better and far more memorable if they had killed off a major character or two - someone like Jamie or Tyrion or even Jon Snow.

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:53am
I think the lack of source material is part of the issue. GoT has always had two elements to it, the intricate storytelling a around the intrigue in the game itself and the big spectacular action sequences. When they had the books to mine there was no end of sub plots involving the main characters they could use. In fact, there was so much that some book fans were getting pissed off that some of it was getting left out.

But now they've passed out the books all they have to go on is the synopsis that George Martin gave them. Benioff and Weiss seem to be doing most of the writing and clearly can't go as deep into the detail as Martin could. So they've just thrown everything at the action set pieces that they've so good at. Those fans that were more into the action element have no issue with that whereas those who were big into the details are still enjoying it a but just question the fact that we had 5/6 seasons at one pace before going into breakneck pacing this season. It picked up the pace a little last year but this year has been insane.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 11:25am
Is season 8 the last one? 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 12:09pm
Yes and it will be the shortest in terms of episodes only 6 but the episodes will be longer than the usual 50 mins.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
raclle View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

I love points

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raclle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 2:57pm
I felt it was rushed too. Either have 10 episodes as normal or extend the 7 they made.

Lots of great action but hardly any dialogue, i didn't mind the time jumps.

The last scene with the Night King on the dragon was fairly cheesy.

With only 6 episodes in the last season it will be much of the same, still not sure how its going to play out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic