You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gambling issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gambling issue
    Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 6:55pm
Making a topic on this folks giving the week that's in it. As some on here know I faced the demons of gambling problems for years and thankfully gave it up a number of years ago. Never felt the need since until recently when direct changes in my own mental health issue have started to give me the urge to escape back to that other world / life I used to live where nobody cared about your problems just wanted to talk horses etc ( probably doesn't make sense to a lot of you on here) 

Read a stat a few weeks ago that said 10% of Irish adults are affected by problem gambling id believe that should be much high just some can hide it very well ( I know I was 1 of them for years) it's a silent addiction not like drink or drugs which you see physical signs of it. If anyone reading this can relate to this a site I used a lot in the past for help was

https://www.gamcare.org.uk/

Edited by ringerbell - 15 Nov 2023 at 6:55pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 7:40pm
Good stuff Ringer......remember if you get a weak moment and are vulnerable pick up the phone and ring. Just for today....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Faisal978 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faisal978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 8:58pm
It's brave of you to open up about your struggles with gambling. Quite a lot of people become addicted to gambling and don't understand when to stop. Sometimes excessive losses make them become much more gambling, a fact that leads to large losses of money.

Edited by Faisal978 - 22 Apr 2024 at 2:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic