Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galway United fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Caulfield the new Galway manager

Great appointment

European domination awaits
Who cares as i would be happy if we just won game at present 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 9:01pm
Caulfield Industrial brings new hardware to Galway Utd
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 9:04pm
Great appointment by Galway. Might drag them outa the doldrums again. Id expect to see them back in the PL with this move. One thing i do kotice is Galway have a great website. Excellent and the youtube goal highlights. Very good stuff.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:33pm
A massive move here by Galway to go full time, looks like with Caulfield at the wheel the automatic promotion spot could be gone before the season starts. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:28am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

A massive move here by Galway to go full time, looks like with Caulfield at the wheel the automatic promotion spot could be gone before the season starts. 

This is Galway we are taking about Kevin LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:03pm
Looks like Galway have a new coach for the first team , now it just happens to be a woman ...............

May i say congrats to Mayo Mark , i hope she does well . Wink
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 4:59pm
I'm very happy with Fallons appointment. She has an impressive C.V. and has had success with most of the clubs she's worked for. Best of luck to her 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 5:45pm
I reckon Lisa Fallon will be the first female to manage a men's senior side in the league of Ireland,  No doubting that her CV is impressive along with her knowledge of the game. However I'm led to believe that maybe I should have included a "BUT" in this post.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 11:30am
 https://galwayunitedfc.ie/conor-mccormack-signs-for-galway-united/

That’s a massive statement of intent. All our business done before pre season starts!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 12:23pm
Great addition to GUFC . Conor only knows 100% effort / commitment . Best of luck Thumbs Up . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 2:21pm
It really is win this one this season for United from the Comers Thumbs Up
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:42am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 1:30pm
I would say most seem positive but it's up to those in the trust to vote on it 
Yurt View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:50pm
I'll be voting against it until I actually see some information that'll change my mind. 

We've currently been told nothing apart from the Comers want to take 85% ownership and we're voting on it next week.

Having a local billionaire taking over the club is essentially the dream scenario for any LOI team (looking at what's going on in Derry jealously) but I'm more skeptical about what the Comer's actually want out of this. The timing of this is odd, why is it happening a month in to a new season and why do we only have a weeks notice and no solid information around the proposal.

I just get the feeling that this will end up being great fun for a few years and all end in tears within a decade. We've lost our club in Galway before and said we'd never let what happened happened again, but it looks like we're going to roll the dice and hope for some success.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

How do Galway fans feel about the potential takeover?

I'll believe it when I see it.  The Comers I am not sure about.  They have all sorts of property but just seem to leave them derelict. 

The training academy never got built and doubt it will either.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:54pm
Typical LOI attitude. Billionaires...local billionaires at that who already fookin sponsor the club and seemingly have invested a lot of money in the club up to this point and someone would vote against it. Holy Lord. What have ye got to lose? As Leonardo DiCaprio once said...if you got nothin you got nothin to lose....

Edited by doherty - 22 Mar 2022 at 11:54pm
I love beer gardens
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 1:18am
One thing life has taught me is that you can always trust a billionaire. You should never approach one with any level of scepticism.
It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:00am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

How do Galway fans feel about the potential takeover?

I'll believe it when I see it.  The Comers I am not sure about.  They have all sorts of property but just seem to leave them derelict. 

The training academy never got built and doubt it will either.

They've a big connection to my home town and they've left a good few properties sitting idle for a number of years. You'd hope that they would fulfil promises made to supporters but you'd have to be rightly sceptical that they just want the land, although with being from Galway is hopefully unlikely.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic