You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galway United fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:48pm
Galway a big loss to the top tier.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sponsored Links

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:22pm
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:15pm
Unfortunately too many draws and penalty misses cost us this season.   I personally think Galway Utd should be one of the biggest teams n the country but nobody will pump in the money. The Comers dont do enough for the club. They have multi millions, maybe billions and give a feeble amount.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm
Referee was just brutal and the backpass was clear as day. Heartbroken but the carry over from last seasons disastrous finish has cost us big h Times . I’d keep Keegan he has a fantastic eye for a player and some of the Football we played was the best I’ve seen in Edp for years. Huge rumours about bray but that’s no good to us if we lose half a team before the fai act.

Edited by gufct - 27 Oct 2017 at 11:21pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:23pm
Ahhhhh crap heading back to the graveyard , nothing else can be said .Cry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Unfortunately too many draws and penalty misses cost us this season.   I personally think Galway Utd should be one of the biggest teams n the country but nobody will pump in the money. The Comers dont do enough for the club. They have multi millions, maybe billions and give a feeble amount.

The Comer brothers are businessmen, whether they have millions or billions is irrelevant if they're going not going to make a return on their investment what's the point?

Just look at Kelleher at St Pats, it's hard to keep bank rolling a LOI club. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The Comer brothers are businessmen, whether they have millions or billions is irrelevant if they're going not going to make a return on their investment what's the point?

What does JP get for bank rolling Limerick?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:58pm

Limerick still managed to get relegated 2 seasons ago, what's your point?

Market's Field isn't a patch on Eamonn Deacy Park facilities wise either. 

So it's not as if JP has turned Limerick into a mini Man City or Chelsea or anything. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:02am
A huge stumbling block for Galway is Eamonn Deacy Park ironically enough as they don't own it. The Galway FA are stifling a lot of progress the club could be making
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:03am

Limerick still managed to get relegated 2 seasons ago, what's your point?

Market's Field isn't a patch on Eamonn Deacy Park facilities wise either. 

So it's not as if JP has turned Limerick into a mini Man City or Chelsea or anything. 

So he pumps money in because he is proud of where he comes from and doesnt expect it back.   He also supports the GAA among other things.  Anyway with a Euro run or winning the league they would win it back. Doesn't take millions to win the league here.

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:12am
Hard luck to ye, hope to see ye back in the PD in 2019
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:17am
Roughly what would Galway's weekly wage bill roughly be? Most players are full time, as is Keegan AFAIK!

Wouldn't Galway's wage bill have to be doubled minimum if not trebled in order for us to safely say they would be there or thereabouts to win the LOI given the current crop of players at the club.

I think if The Comers were to invest serious money in Galway United, it would be to buy the stadium for the club or to invest the money into the youth structure within the club, far more sustainable and beneficial long term imo. 

dannynorth View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:26am
Sad to see them down gave a lot of entertainment to the league this season , I'd imagine Murray will get premier division football next year
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:28am

Roughly what would Galway's weekly wage bill roughly be? Most players are full time, as is Keegan AFAIK!

Wouldn't Galway's wage bill have to be doubled minimum if not trebled in order for us to safely say they would be there or thereabouts to win the LOI given the current crop of players at the club.

I think if The Comers were to invest serious money in Galway United, it would be to buy the stadium for the club or to invest the money into the youth structure within the club, far more sustainable and beneficial long term imo. 

I don't know the figures on the wages.  But  think if the club had a bit of success the crowds would double. I'd take any increase in investment in any area. 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:28am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Referee was just brutal and the backpass was clear as day. Heartbroken but the carry over from last seasons disastrous finish has cost us big h Times . I’d keep Keegan he has a fantastic eye for a player and some of the Football we played was the best I’ve seen in Edp for years. Huge rumours about bray but that’s no good to us if we lose half a team before the fai act.
I actually think the back pass was a bad touch from the defender and not intended
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:10pm
Sad to see galway go down, great days following pats down there, hope you come back up straight away
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:34pm
It was directly in front of us vermullen knew exactly what he was at. Ref was shocking but that’s nothing new.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I actually think the back pass was a bad touch from the defender and not intended
plus wan... and id have loved it, just loved it if Galway had have beaten that lot. Sorry BSM, I know youre a 6 toed lover.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic