You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galway races 2015 pg 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galway races 2015 pg 11
    Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 4:07pm
Lads with the festival coming up and a lot of the guys on here posting up fancies and tips could we keep it all in here as not to have to trawl through the tips thread for the info on the races as normally miss certain posts there among all the various meetings

Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 4:36pm
Dats a very good call.
Going up Wednesday myself, in the middle of 2 big weekends.
Will cost me 40 quid before I back a horse so please god I've at least 1 winner!
Oh Poland we loved you.....
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 4:51pm
Mossey joe on the Wednesday a great bet for me! I'm hoping to go on the Thursday but I dunno if I'll be able to yet. Would be hoping to have winters on my shoulders again! I'm going to do a mossey joe missunited double
Here we go again
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 4:56pm
I'm hoping hissabaat can be a weld winner, not tip but a horse i have followed all along and should not be overlooked in whatever race it is entered in
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 5:03pm
Mossy joe.......1 for the notepad!!
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Dats a very good call.
Going up Wednesday myself, in the middle of 2 big weekends.
Will cost me 40 quid before I back a horse so please god I've at least 1 winner!

last of the big spenders Wink
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 5:13pm
In between 2 big weekends 40 bucks is a lot of dough to me and I'm not working, il want my shrewd head on me that day to compensate for the holes in my socks
Mrs Iris Robinson View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Iris Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Lads with the festival coming up and a lot of the guys on here posting up fancies and tips could we keep it all in here as not to have to trawl through the tips thread for the info on the races as normally miss certain posts there among all the various meetings

trawl

oh young man
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Mrs Iris Robinson Mrs Iris Robinson wrote:

trawl

LOLLOLLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 7:28pm
Neigh chance of me going to this Unhappy
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 11:53am
Envy any of you going down. Think I have to give it a miss this year. As Jackthelad said its severe on your pockets. You'd be talking 70 quid a day between food, €5 pints of piss, entry, bus and thats before you head back into town after the racing (and thats not including whether or how big you bet). 

Monday Tuesday Friday and to a lesser extent Wednesday the most enjoyable days to go racing.

Ladies day is a pure and utter joke. How people go out year after year on that day never ceases to amaze me. You spend more time queueing for a drink than drinking. More time avoiding pissed 14 year olds than seeing any racing. The betting ring is impossible to manoeuvre around in but then you cant get internet to place a bet online because the internet doesnt work with so many people in the 1 place. Anyone down there for the week should watch Thursday racing from the comfort of a city bar and let the day trippers trudge out there that are happy to experience this.

I think Notable Graduate has been laid out for the big one on the Monday. Only the one run this year which would've tuned him up nicely last month and off a 4 pounds lower mark than he ran off when running a very respectable race on Champion Stakes day last year. Probably be underpriced though considering the trainer. Just a fancy.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

trawl

LOLLOLLOL

Brilliant LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Envy any of you going down. Think I have to give it a miss this year. As Jackthelad said its severe on your pockets. You'd be talking 70 quid a day between food, €5 pints of piss, entry, bus and thats before you head back into town after the racing (and thats not including whether or how big you bet). 

Monday Tuesday Friday and to a lesser extent Wednesday the most enjoyable days to go racing.

Ladies day is a pure and utter joke. How people go out year after year on that day never ceases to amaze me. You spend more time queueing for a drink than drinking. More time avoiding pissed 14 year olds than seeing any racing. The betting ring is impossible to manoeuvre around in but then you cant get internet to place a bet online because the internet doesnt work with so many people in the 1 place. Anyone down there for the week should watch Thursday racing from the comfort of a city bar and let the day trippers trudge out there that are happy to experience this.

I think Notable Graduate has been laid out for the big one on the Monday. Only the one run this year which would've tuned him up nicely last month and off a 4 pounds lower mark than he ran off when running a very respectable race on Champion Stakes day last year. Probably be underpriced though considering the trainer. Just a fancy.

I'd throw Sunday in there as well in terms of enjoying the day. Most of the mayhem has come to an end. My sister and her young family live in nearby gort and always go the Sunday and its not a bother.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

trawl

LOLLOLLOL

Brilliant LOL
Ah come on lads, the whole subject has me in knots
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 2:38pm

I'd throw Sunday in there as well in terms of enjoying the day. Most of the mayhem has come to an end. My sister and her young family live in nearby gort and always go the Sunday and its not a bother.

Ya but the racing takes a nose dive at the weekend. Good family days alright
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 6:46am

Ya but the racing takes a nose dive at the weekend. Good family days alright
Look I know nothing about horse racing but always go on Thursday's I think we have missed 2 Thursday's in the past 17 years . Hey in all that time I have only won once but close to braking even two years ago Big smile.
One of the best days of the year in Galway , hey if you don't like crowds stay at home .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 9:46am
have you ever won the prize for best dressed lady murph
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

have you ever won the prize for best dressed lady murph
Nope but then again neither has Mrs Claret Big smile . Any of your clan going racing this week ????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic