You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA match in Bordeaux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Would there be interest in a big GAA match in the Deaux?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
62 [65.26%]
6 [6.32%]
27 [28.42%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 9:02pm
Throw in at 3pm, throw up at 3am. Junior B motto
Sponsored Links

DUNIT View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUNIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 2:15am
myself +5 be up for this
Beermonster View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beermonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 11:58am
Would be up for this alright...good blow out from a few days gargle! Although I predict injuries galore! :-)
BelfastFitz View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelfastFitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 12:00pm
Will you be fielding a Z squad?

If so, I'm in.
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 9:29pm
I'd be up for this lads hopefully still going ahead!
They've only gone and done it
GAF1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 12:47am
5 of us travelling. Defo interested if a day or 2 before the big 1đź‘Ť
niall quinns disco pants-from paris 2 bari and beyond
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 8:21am
tell us more about the pub that will show London/Mayo v Galway ( counting no chickens here ) 

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 1:21pm
myself and one other would be interested if this is still going ahead?
DubCulture View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubCulture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 10:16am
Defo interested if it's still happening.
Stitchy11 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stitchy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:55pm
Is this still happening?
a.cunningham11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.cunningham11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:42am
Hey lads,

Yes, this is still going ahead. There have even been some very interesting developments since I was last on the forum.

The day after the match (Sunday) Bordeaux GAA (Burdigaela) are having the inauguration of their GAA pitch in Blanquefort, just outside the Rocade (the M50 of Bordeaux). We recently acquired official GAA posts and it’s the only team in the French federal league with proper GAA posts (There is a team in Brittany that have posts too) Most of the time we tie a pipe to soccer posts with cable ties.

There is a big day planned for it. The local mairie are getting involved and the mayor is going to be there, the Irish ambassador to France, musicians and there’s rumours a coach of the Irish soccer team is going to make an appearance. I have no idea who this could  possibly be (as a side note Paris Gaels have been invited to a training session in Versailles with the soccer team. It’s a publicity stunt really but you’ll see in June how much French people like the Irish)

There will be an exhibition match between Toulouse (reigning French champs and favourites to retain their crown in the Finals in Clermont on June 11). A match for supporters could be the ideal line up. As is the standard for all French events, there will be a bar set up pitch side and the Kronenbourg will be flowing. To quote the club president “Bref, un moment mĂ©morable !!!””

The only potential downside is getting out to Blanquefort. I’m going to be there in a camper van so I’m going to drive out (gonna try and park it in Bordeaux town around match time). There is public transport from Bordeaux that will get you close.

Here is where Blanquefort is. https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Stade+Breillan/@44.8931003,-0.6344023,13.49z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0xd54d69b28edf403:0xbd9fdfed183b5ba8!8m2!3d44.916673!4d-0.649354!6m1!1e1

I’m getting the club to prepare a flyer that I’ll probably print in bulk and hand around in the Connemara and other pubs, In the meantime, like the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BordeauxGaelicFootball/?fref=nf

Let me know yer thoughts lads

Cheers,

Anthony

Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.cunningham11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:42am
Should have also said that Blanquefort is very near the stadium and the only campsite in Bordeaux, camping du lac
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.cunningham11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:51am
Hey Manchesterbhoy,

Did you see my post earlier today about the inauguration match? Would you be on for heading out to that and possibly refereeing?

Cheers
LovelyLiam View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 3:38pm
This sounds brilliant...Myself and a mate will be in Bordeaux that day and would love to head out to this to watch/play if needed. Keep the details coming!!
"They found me in a shop"
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:39am
The GAA will probably fine the organisers of this for playing in foreign fields .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:54am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

The GAA will probably fine the organisers of this for playing in foreign fields .

Good one
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:57am
Originally posted by a.cunningham11 a.cunningham11 wrote:

Hey lads,

Yes, this is still going ahead. There have even been some very interesting developments since I was last on the forum.

The day after the match (Sunday) Bordeaux GAA (Burdigaela) are having the inauguration of their GAA pitch in Blanquefort, just outside the Rocade (the M50 of Bordeaux). We recently acquired official GAA posts and it’s the only team in the French federal league with proper GAA posts (There is a team in Brittany that have posts too) Most of the time we tie a pipe to soccer posts with cable ties.

There is a big day planned for it. The local mairie are getting involved and the mayor is going to be there, the Irish ambassador to France, musicians and there’s rumours a coach of the Irish soccer team is going to make an appearance. I have no idea who this could  possibly be (as a side note Paris Gaels have been invited to a training session in Versailles with the soccer team. It’s a publicity stunt really but you’ll see in June how much French people like the Irish)

There will be an exhibition match between Toulouse (reigning French champs and favourites to retain their crown in the Finals in Clermont on June 11). A match for supporters could be the ideal line up. As is the standard for all French events, there will be a bar set up pitch side and the Kronenbourg will be flowing. To quote the club president “Bref, un moment mĂ©morable !!!””

The only potential downside is getting out to Blanquefort. I’m going to be there in a camper van so I’m going to drive out (gonna try and park it in Bordeaux town around match time). There is public transport from Bordeaux that will get you close.

Here is where Blanquefort is. https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Stade+Breillan/@44.8931003,-0.6344023,13.49z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0xd54d69b28edf403:0xbd9fdfed183b5ba8!8m2!3d44.916673!4d-0.649354!6m1!1e1

I’m getting the club to prepare a flyer that I’ll probably print in bulk and hand around in the Connemara and other pubs, In the meantime, like the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BordeauxGaelicFootball/?fref=nf

Let me know yer thoughts lads

Cheers,

Anthony

Sounds like a great event Clap
Only2Keaneos View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Only2Keaneos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

LOLClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic