You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling League 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 12:59pm
PHEW !! Nearly lost the house on the cats todayLOL Another good performance from galway,showing real form but again it will desert us come august or september. Wexford giving Waterford a tough time of it aswell. Good to see wexford put in a decent performance. Reckon they will take offaly now espicially with the oulart players back like today
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDub SuperDub wrote:

Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

And BTW, fair play to the Dubs Clap. Not least for proving me wrongEmbarrassed

You can never write the dubs off in hurling. They rise to the big teams in other years they hadn't the luck. Fair play to them anyway. Sure anyway give them a few years and they'll be known as the exiles

Its a bit premature to be calling the dublin hurlers "Exiles" There was not one non dub in the starting line up last night. Ryan O'Dwyer came on and got alot of verbals and hard hits from the tipp lads. The other two counrty lads on the panel are Niall Corcoran from Galway and Mossy O'Brien from Limerick. They have been with us a few years.

Great result for dublin last night. Keaney was wasted with the footballers. Tougher tests face dublin like going to places like tullamore and wexford and getting results. Our aim is to stay in division one  and to get a bit of consitancy in our performances. Hopefully we can acheive both goals.

Absolutely, if the fella was from a proper county they would have had a county board motion banning him from playing football years ago. Fantastic talent.

I couldn't agree more Deise, Keaney has been a revolation since returning to the small ball. Yes its only February but Keaney and O'Dwyer has added something new to the dublin forward line.

The County board are slowly realising that if they encouraged our good hurlers to stick with the small ball that we might be able to seriously compete in Leinster.
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 1:48pm

Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

And BTW, fair play to the Dubs Clap. Not least for proving me wrongEmbarrassed

You can never write the dubs off in hurling. They rise to the big teams in other years they hadn't the luck. Fair play to them anyway. Sure anyway give them a few years and they'll be known as the exiles

Its a bit premature to be calling the dublin hurlers "Exiles" There was not one non dub in the starting line up last night. Ryan O'Dwyer came on and got alot of verbals and hard hits from the tipp lads. The other two counrty lads on the panel are Niall Corcoran from Galway and Mossy O'Brien from Limerick. They have been with us a few years.

Great result for dublin last night. Keaney was wasted with the footballers. Tougher tests face dublin like going to places like tullamore and wexford and getting results. Our aim is to stay in division one  and to get a bit of consitancy in our performances. Hopefully we can acheive both goals.

Absolutely, if the fella was from a proper county they would have had a county board motion banning him from playing football years ago. Fantastic talent.

I couldn't agree more Deise, Keaney has been a revolation since returning to the small ball. Yes its only February but Keaney and O'Dwyer has added something new to the dublin forward line.

The County board are slowly realising that if they encouraged our good hurlers to stick with the small ball that we might be able to seriously compete in Leinster.

Super Dub what club ya from?
Agree with keaney 14 points out of 1-16 is slightly worrying at the same time bit over relient having dotsy off frees can only benfit him iswell as i was never fully confident of him
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 3:52pm
Waterford beat Wexford by 2 points, never much in it when those 2 teams meet, wasn't at it, ould fella was, said it was the worst game he was at in years, 2 sides equally awful.

KK bt SIPTU by a point after being 8 points ahead at H/T, unusual for them to let anybody come back at them from that far ahead

Galway hammer Offaly by 14 points.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 3:53pm

Waterford beat Wexford by 2 points, never much in it when those 2 teams meet, wasn't at it, ould fella was, said it was the worst game he was at in years, 2 sides equally awful.

KK bt SIPTU by a point after being 8 points ahead at H/T, unusual for them to let anybody come back at them from that far ahead

galway are the team to watch this yearWink
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Super Dub what club ya from?
Agree with keaney 14 points out of 1-16 is slightly worrying at the same time bit over relient having dotsy off frees can only benfit him iswell as i was never fully confident of him
I am not with any club. I use to play as a kid for Trinity Gaels. There is a couple of us that go to the hurling and football games home and away. We also travel to the irish away games too.

Its a bit worrying that we are suddennly relying on Keaney for scores because we do have scoring forwards in Dotsy, Dec o'Dwyer and Liam Rushe to name three.

We also have Mossy O'Brien, Alan McCrabbe David Tracey and young Stapleton to come back from Injury.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 5:24pm
Good win for Dublin yesterday. Early in the year still but it's only a good thing for confidence to be beating the All-Ireland champions. Keaney was superb, he never should've left the hurling - i never rated him for the footballers anyway. When McCrabbe is back there will be two capable free takers available.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 5:29pm

SIPTU LOL
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 6:15am
Round 3
Tipp Vs Waterford (Sat 7.30 Thurles, on Setanta I think)- Tipp cant lose another one surely ?

Offaly Vs Dublin  (Tullamore, - Daly warning Dubs all week about the beating they got last year, hopefully they listen to him, be great to see the Dubs in a league final.

KK Vs Wexford.  Oh Dear. Fear for Wexford in this, Cody made 6 (strengthening) changes to the team that lost walsh cup last week.

Cork Vs Galway. Cork usually pull a few results out in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, this might be one of them, even if Galway are the form team.

IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 8:05am
Going for tipp,dublin,kilkenny and cork.

Reckon the tipp waterford will be very tight. Waterford could easily win it. Just going for tipp cause they have home advantage and they will not want to lose again. Might f**k up my juicy accum for today though.

Cork i think will beat galway, We have way too many injuries going down to cork. Also the u-21 championship is on this weekend so a few players will be missing there too. Galway might still get something though with the likes of Farragher knockin around but cork to win looks good
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 2:12pm

Round 3
Tipp Vs Waterford (Sat 7.30 Thurles, on Setanta I think)- Tipp cant lose another one surely ?

Offaly Vs Dublin  (Tullamore, - Daly warning Dubs all week about the beating they got last year, hopefully they listen to him, be great to see the Dubs in a league final.

KK Vs Wexford.  Oh Dear. Fear for Wexford in this, Cody made 6 (strengthening) changes to the team that lost walsh cup last week.

Cork Vs Galway. Cork usually pull a few results out in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, this might be one of them, even if Galway are the form team.

Heading to Tullamore tomorrow. I just hope we give a better account of ourselves then we did last year when Offaly bet us off the park.  Its going to be a very tight game. Its games like this that we need to start winning!

Edited by SuperDub - 06 Mar 2011 at 4:57pm
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 2:41pm
waterford down to 13 men, but putting up a good fight against tipp, good game
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 9:25pm
Well, thats goodbye to Clinton Hennessey for at least a month, looks worse every time ya see it, would not have been out of place in WWE !. Far as I can recall, the first time he has been sent off at senior level for either club or county, having said that, there would be a lot of lads down this way think Power is a better 'Keeper anyway, i suppose we will find out over the next month. Happy with the result, Tipp 5 points up at H/T, Deise reduced it to 4 with 13 men, and 8 of last years beaten semi finalists missing. Will prob end up fighting with Tipp for last Semi final place now, behind KK, Galway and the Dubs.

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 7:24am

Well, thats goodbye to Clinton Hennessey for at least a month, looks worse every time ya see it, would not have been out of place in WWE !. Far as I can recall, the first time he has been sent off at senior level for either club or county, having said that, there would be a lot of lads down this way think Power is a better 'Keeper anyway, i suppose we will find out over the next month. Happy with the result, Tipp 5 points up at H/T, Deise reduced it to 4 with 13 men, and 8 of last years beaten semi finalists missing. Will prob end up fighting with Tipp for last Semi final place now, behind KK, Galway and the Dubs.

is there semi finals in the league this year?

I know Mayo wanted semi finals in the football alright, but that was only because they'd have fook all chance of making the top 2.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 9:20am
Gas tackle by hennessy yesterday LOL He nearly beheaded your man. Cork walloping galway here
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 10:09am
remember ricky nixon ??? the aussie rules guy who was trying to get the GAA top players to join aussie rules

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-kilda-schoolgirl-says-ricky-nixon-told-her-to-lie-over-sex-scandal/story-e6frf7jo-1226016710975
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 11:13am
Had my own hurling game today so couldnt make it down but for me this is the most satisfying mwin so far, this is the game we usually stuggle delightd.
AKOT View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 4:39pm
Well done to Antony Daly  and Dublin to day Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic