You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling Championship 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 11:35am
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

ConfusedLimerick are 7-1 on boylesports live betting but are only 7-2 on paddy power? Might stick a 10er on this now good value Limerick are still in it

Sick
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 11:41am

Had no money left in my account to hedge the bet when limerick where leadinUnhappy

What a game though. Brick Walsh basically a one man defence. Limerick half back line were absolutely amazing in the second half.

Cant wait for the qualifiers now should be some class games.
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 11:42am
Terrible 2nd half from Waterford. Lucky to win but what a goal to win by! Great game to watch.Limerick look a decent team. Waterford will need to up the ante for Tipp. Some bad wides although the conditions played a large part in that no doubt.
Also Pity about Richie foleys injury bet void
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 1:26pm
Jaysus, we sure dont do things the easy way. Lucky to scrape it in the end, could have had LK buried at H/T, but they were by far the better team in the 2nd half. Yer man Downes is some find for Limerick, and only 20 yrs old. I think if they were to meet Cork tomorrow they would (narrowly) beat them, best Limerick performance in 3 years. If we play like that Vs Tipp (with respect to Clare) the game will be over at H/T. Some shocking defending. Glad I don't (yet) have a heart condition......

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 1:37pm
cracking second half for the neutral - dont think there is an all ireland in either team though
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 2:19pm
Only 16 odd thousand there I heard on tv deise? They were giving out about the price of tickets as well much was it in today?
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 2:25pm
got out of jail today but i think limerick were as good as they will be all year and we are only warming up, winning munster will be a big ask but a few weeks to get ready for tipp we should give them a game anyway
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 2:27pm
Attendance 15 something, just short of 16K. Poor. Tickets for covered stand € 30, uncovered stand € 25 and terrace € 15. Only one terrace open, in the mid 2000's this would have been close twice that. The final won't sell out either, Thurles official capacity is 55K, there will prob be 40 something there.

deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Attendance 15 something, just short of 16K. Poor. Tickets for covered stand € 30, uncovered stand € 25 and terrace € 15. Only one terrace open, in the mid 2000's this would have been close twice that. The final won't sell out either, Thurles official capacity is 55K, there will prob be 40 something there.

munster final in cork no?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 2:32pm

God knows what this years ' arrangements' are. Prob be in fecking Limerick...

Edit; unless the Muster Council deem otherwise, I can't see it being anywhere other than Thurles, that is what both Waterford and Tipp (again, with due respect to Clare) would want.

Edited by deise316 - 12 Jun 2011 at 2:35pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 3:01pm
Think it's already decided on thurlus. Those stand prices for today do sound expensive for a munster semi final lads...
I know it was a good game but 30 and 25 would have put a lot of people off along with the weather of course
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 3:38pm
Quality game of hurling this, limerick were very impressive, thought their no.2 condon?? was very good as was their captain no.7, o grady has done a brilliant job there. Waterford to win munsterThumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 3:54pm
Waterford really got lucky with the late goal, I think it nicked a hurl that took it up into the roof of the net.
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 3:56am
well done to armagh for eaching the ulster final, first one in 65 years at hurling for them. nice to see them making the effort and pushing the game up here, unlike the other football obsessed counties in ulster.

tho as an antrim man, i hope we beat them in the final lol
put em under pressure!
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 4:01am
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

well done to armagh for eaching the ulster final, first one in 65 years at hurling for them. nice to see them making the effort and pushing the game up here, unlike the other football obsessed counties in ulster.

tho as an antrim man, i hope we beat them in the final lol

+1. Was not at all surprised they beat Down. Like you say, some clubs down there are making a real effort at hurling - Keady for example in last years Ulster Final where they gave Loughgiel all they wanted for 45 minutes.

Down appear to be on the slide - They really should have won at least one Christy Ring.
@AntrimMan85
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 4:18am
Waterford were very lucky, Mullane was lucky it landed to him, great finish though.
Game deserved a draw though.

Donal O'Grady is some mgr though, these lads will turn over some other big teams in Champship.
So true what they say about self belief !
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 3:59pm
Galway Vs Dublin - have no idea here, bookies have Galway narrow favourites (as alwaysWink) @ 4/5 and Dublin are 6/5. Draw might be good value @10/1 (hasn't been one yet this year in either code). Not much value in goalscorer market either, Joe is a mere 4/1, might go small money on Ryan O'Dwyer @12s. Handicap betting - Dublin +1 is 6/5. Paddy aint being too generous with this one.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 4:04pm

All the above pre-supposes that both teams will be let in to O'Connor park.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
  Share Topic