You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 8:51pm
What a weekend in store.

Unusual enough some amount of tickets floating about numerous clubs here not even looked for a second allocation and some even selling to non members etc.

Can’t wait for Sunday.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 12:12am
Kilkenny wouldn't bring a big crowd for this. And with hotel prices and the airline crisis you won't get big numbers from abroad. Limerick will bring more but even they wouldn't be as eager after all the recent success.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 10:14am
YEah tickets were on ticketmaster yesterday, seemed to be there longer than usual too.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 10:46am
I think the price of tickets with price of fuel and hotels and indeed time of year too played massive impact on it.

Hotels really are crazy, luckily booked two last December.

Going for third senior all Ireland in 19 odd months - some days.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 11:43pm
Looking forward to the final tomorrow, game could go anyway tbh. Limerick could hammer Kilkenny but Kilkenny could easily catch Limerick on the hop like in 2019. Kilkenny by 2 in a classic, Limerick will be a monster after this beating 

Liam Cahill gave us some great days in Waterford the last 3 years with the whole county getting a great lift over the lockdowns. Pity how it all ended but that's life and sport for ya. Tipperary will be savage under him. 

While here in Waterford we have no idea where to go from here. That great underage talent of 2013-2016 is ageing and we have been pretty weak underage the last few years. Not many big names will be interested in taking the job, Davy will go to Dublin, Derek McGrath meh tbh will need a forget about the past and evolve . Maybe someone from Kilkenny will want to manage us to improve there CV. Interesting times ahead 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 3:03pm
Flicked on the hurling for a minute.  The panel going on about the conditions and the ''searing heat'' so was curious thinking it must be up near 30c in Dublin but no its 23c FFSLOL

Hardly the Florida Citrus Bowl
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 3:38pm
Feels a lot hotter than 23 to be fair.

I'm sitting at home sweltering!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Feels a lot hotter than 23 to be fair.

I'm sitting at home sweltering!

23 according to this which is fairly accurate but I just looked up other apps and it says 28c

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/hourly-table/2-2964574/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin%20City/Dublin?i=0
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 4:22pm
Some of the shooting has been outrageous in the first half. Kilkenny doing well to be still in this with those numbers up. The final 10 minutes will make the difference for Limerick I think
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 5:22pm
Enjoyable final and glad Limerick won. Fair play to them. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 6:13pm
Wow oh wow
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 6:46pm
The amount of pyro thrown around Hill 16 by Limerick fans was bad. No need for it. Even by the end Both sets of fans where throwing stuff at each other. Obviously very small minority. Good game. Fair play to Limerick. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 8:45pm
A great final between two top class teams. A titanic battle. Limerick deservedly up there with the great teams of hurling. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

The amount of pyro thrown around Hill 16 by Limerick fans was bad. No need for it. Even by the end Both sets of fans where throwing stuff at each other. Obviously very small minority. Good game. Fair play to Limerick. 

Same thing happened constantly between Galway and Limerick fans in the semi. How do they get that amount in when everyone's searched at the hill entrance. 

Delighted for Limerick though. Great to see a county outside of the big 3 do a 3 in a row. Hard to believe it's been 6 years since KK last won I think. Sweet revenge for Limerick for that 2007 final.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:30am
Really great to watch the match live. 
The speed of the play. The scoring was excellent with only a few bad misses for each team.
Limerick always seemed to have the upper hand.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:43am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Same thing happened constantly between Galway and Limerick fans in the semi. How do they get that amount in when everyone's searched at the hill entrance. 

Delighted for Limerick though. Great to see a county outside of the big 3 do a 3 in a row. Hard to believe it's been 6 years since KK last won I think. Sweet revenge for Limerick for that 2007 final.

Only bags are searched.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 11:56am
I know it's a sign of the times and where all transactions are going but the day of keeping tickets from games is over. Previous All Ireland tickets are kept as mementos but not much point keeping an A4 printout. You'd think with the final they would keep the tradition. 

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I know it's a sign of the times and where all transactions are going but the day of keeping tickets from games is over. Previous All Ireland tickets are kept as mementos but not much point keeping an A4 printout. You'd think with the final they would keep the tradition. 

Totally agree there, no replacement for having physical tickets and matchday programs, especially for the big days. A friend of mine screenshots the e-tickets and then prints them off as small photos in pharmacies etc. Good work around I think but no still not the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic