You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 2:06pm
Good first half, this should be a cracker of a 2nd half
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 2:31pm
Red card for Barrett only a point in it now. 2-18 Tipp  2-17 Galway
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 3:01pm
Cracking game

Galway v Limerick next Sunday. Potential to be a great game
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 3:03pm
Galway v Tipp always delivers, and it delivers AGAIN
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 3:05pm
Back in the day there was no f**king way you were getting sent off for what Barrett got sent off for
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Just looking through it, they met in:
1987 AI Semi final - Galway won
1988 AI Final - Galway won
1989 AI Semi Final - Tipp won
1990 - no
1991 AI Semi Final - Tipp won
1992 - no
1993 AI Semi Final - Galway won

Meeting 5 years out of 7 in those days was unusual, 
It's a very even rivalry

They also met in 
2000 quarter-final - Galway won by 2 or 3
2001 final - Tipp by 3
2005 quarter-final - Galway won by 4 or 5 in a great comeback
2010 quarter-final - Tipp won by 1 in a classic 
2014 qualifiers - Tipp won by 6 or 7 having been I think 8 or 9 down
2015 semi-final - Galway by 1 in a classic
2016 semi-final - Tipp by 2 in another ding donger
2017 semi-final - Galway by 1 in another classic

I'd like to watch that 2017 semi-final again as my recollection of it is that while it was not especially high scoring by modern standards, the second half was the sort of old style blood and thunder battle that you don't see that much of anymore, Gearoid McInerney's performance was a stand out

Joe Canning got Hurler of The Year almost purely based on the last 15 minutes of that match, having been terrible up to that

His winning point was the stuff of legend 
That 2017 win and JC getting the winning score was unreal it actually felt better than beating Waterford in the final. In that 2010 game Joe’s brother Ollie was forced off with about 3 mins to go when Eoin Kelly nearly broke his knee cap and Tipp went onto win with Lar’s Last minute point so Joe getting that point that day was really fitting. It’s a pity the two teams didn’t meet in an All ireland from 2010-2020 as we haven’t had a great final since 2013/2014 so it would’ve been another cracking game that could’ve went either way.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 21 Nov 2020 at 3:19pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 3:45pm
2017 was probably the one which would have been a fitting final, they were the two best teams that year

Think Limerick v Galway this year is probably a similar situation, looks like the real final

While today should bring Galway on, I don't think they'll have enough for Limerick who I think are a lot better than two years ago 

Galway might not be as good as then and they did carry two or three players today a bit, Shane Cooney at corner back, while David Burke and Johnny Coen seem to have declined, Daithi Burke is not as good either

Canning, Conor Whelan and Cathal Mannion are a potent trio in attack however, yer man Concannon was quietly decent

It was a great game in terms of entertainment but the standard was perhaps a little bit behind the 2015-2017 classics
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 3:59pm
Looking like Tony Kelly is gone. Be a big blow for Clare

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 3:59pm
Very hard to take but fair play to Galway, on the balance of play I think it was a fair result.

Tipperary just haven't clicked this year and it happens, I think the county could benefit from a couple of the older heads either being phased out of the starting 15 or just retiring. Sheedy needs to use the league now to blood in 4 or 5 more off the u20 All Ireland winning side to give the side abit more pace. 

Currently I think the Tipp side badly need some more legs in that side, you can see the energy Bonner brought since his return but that's not enough.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Looking like Tony Kelly is gone. Be a big blow for Clare

Back on be interesting to see how he gets on

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:35pm
Haven't seen the first half of Clare v Waterford but it sounds like lovely hurling

Going to make meself a nice cupán tae and then sit down for the second half
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:27pm
This is lovely, lovely hurling from the Déise

They're so sharp, they're like vultures

Totally tuned in to the pace of championship hurling

Shows what a difference the right coach makes - last year these lads were chumps being pummeled from pillar to post in Munster

This is a big "moving" performance from them

What odds the great famine double comes off - Waterford and Mayo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:32pm
Waterford 3-27 Clare 3-18

I think I'll be ploughing into Waterford against Kilkenny next weekend

They were hopping off the turf like a Dublin football team

Liam Cahill will be able to walk into the Tipperary job at a time of his choosing I think

Pairc Ui Chaoimh looked a picture there, nice ambience to the conditions today
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Waterford 3-27 Clare 3-18

I think I'll be ploughing into Waterford against Kilkenny next weekend

They were hopping off the turf like a Dublin football team

Liam Cahill will be able to walk into the Tipperary job at a time of his choosing I think

Pairc Ui Chaoimh looked a picture there, nice ambience to the conditions today

Very happy with the performance and now were back in Croke Park with a shot at Kilkenny. Cahill is doing a brilliant job with us and hopefully he stays for the next 2 years at least. He will surely be in high demand by his native county. The transformation by Waterford is amazing, the 2019 campaign was a farce even though to scraped to a league final. That's all memories and water under the bridge. Future is looking a little brighter 

Galway done well to beat Tipp. Tipp and Sheedy will be going mad they cant get that 2 in a row. Galway like Waterford have nothing too lose next weekend and will give Limerick a right battle 

One thing for both Waterford and Galway is it will be the 3rd match in 3 weeks for both with Kilkenny and Limerick having the week off

Big Congrats too Kerry on beating Carlow and getting to the Joe Mcdonagh Cup final against Antrim which will be played as the curtain raiser to the AI final on the 13th Dec 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 1:10am
Semi final weekend 

Saturday sees Kilkenny vs Waterford, as a Waterford fan very happy to be at this stage and like the Munster final we have nothing too lose and no doubt die with our boots on Saturday. Kilkenny have been a little up and down this championship but at the same time never gave up which resulted in them winning. Waterford will need to be at there very best and been out 3rd week in a row could cost us. Kilkenny to shade it sadly 

Sunday sees Limerick vs Galway, Limerick who have been pretty solid this championship are out on a mission to live up to expectations and win the All Ireland. Galway who were pretty unlucky not too win Leinster fought well against Tipp last weekend . Limerick seem to have the firepower and physicality but feel they will slip up in this and Galway will come out the winners. Like Waterford tiredness could be a factor for Galway 

Only pride too play for in the last round of the JM cup with Finalists Antrim travelling too take on Meath and might put out an experimental side and rest players for the final . Westmeath host Carlow which is only for pride. Finalists Kerry have the weekend off 

The Lory Meagher final between Fermanagh and Louth takes place on Saturday as the curtain raiser to the Kilkenny vs Waterford semi final 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:35pm
Waterford f**king hell Shocked

Looked dead and buried at HT. 2 cracking scores from Gleeson and De Burca at the end

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:36pm
brilliant second half.  What a score by De Burca at the end 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:39pm
What a f**king second half performance

Take note Meath and Kildare, this Waterford team was a joke last year

I'm 45 quid richer from it as well

Déise Déise Déise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic