You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:35am
There is no relegation from Division 1A this year due to the league being restructured next year
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:04am
anyone attend games yesterday? any reports? results all over the place in the league. 

from our point of view yesterday was a game we thought we win on paper but looking  back on it now we are still experimenting all over the pitch and even though you think there will be a bit of a bounce back this sunday vs Galway i generally don't think there will be nor a need for it.  think it may come at Q/F stage as a defeat will result with no competitive game from the 10th of March until 12th of May. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 4:06pm
Waterford given the green light to play their Munster round robin games in Walsh Pk
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 5:48pm
11k capacity...........should be fun
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:00pm
That'll be class
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:35pm
Delighted with the Walsh Park decision and happy I have a season ticket but not sure what way ticket allocations will work. One thing we need too do is make it a fortress and needs too start on Sunday against Galway in the league
This squad actually has am horrendous record in Walsh Park for some weird reason 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:40am
Munster hurling ticket prices won't be increased this year. I've a feeling attendances will be big this year in the province. The GAA should really be looking at getting Clare and Waterford stadium capacity's up to 25k. A lot of people will be missing out on their home munster fixtures otherwise.

Great news for Waterford to finally get home championship matches again. Can only be good for promotion of the team in the city. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 3:28am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Munster hurling ticket prices won't be increased this year. I've a feeling attendances will be big this year in the province. The GAA should really be looking at getting Clare and Waterford stadium capacity's up to 25k. A lot of people will be missing out on their home munster fixtures otherwise.

Great news for Waterford to finally get home championship matches again. Can only be good for promotion of the team in the city. 

Not entirely related but an article worth a read from yesterday's Irish examiner. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

11k capacity...........should be fun

flash the badge boy!

Dont have a season ticket but should get in somehow. 

Walsh Park is an absolute kip but it's our Kip! it's a millions times better than Dungarvan which is a special kind of Kip! one of the worst dressing rooms i have ever encountered. when we would be fixtured to play up there we would do our utmost to get it put off. makes Oriel Park and absolute palace.  
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Not entirely related but an article worth a read from yesterday's Irish examiner. 

Jack is a sound skin - lectured me in sports law in UL back in the day. He's developed a serious profile over the last decade or so. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I'd agree that in Limerick for example building a 60k stadium instead of a 50k and a 25k stadium separately would make more sense. And it would be filled for a Heineken Cup Semi final or Munster Final occasionally but would get regular use with decent attendances between the rugby and hurling.

But for ennis there's no major soccer or rugby team to share the cost. So I'd say that it would make sense for Clare GAA to own their stadium. Waterford FC don't exactly attract big crowds so would they want to share a big GAA stadium with the dimensions way too big? They'd probably rather their own smaller venue. 

In Dublin you can easily justify Croker and the Aviva. In fact you could probably justify another 40k stadium for Dublin GAA and if the Aviva held 80k you could justify that too. 

But yes in a case by case basis such as Louth GAA and Dundalk FC sharing a stadium or in a limerick it makes sense. However I'd imagine most LOI clubs would rather not be playing their matches on a GAA pitch. It's just too big and the crowd is too far back. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 4:59pm
weather last weekend effected 3 important Div 1 Round 5 games meaning they will be played this weekend and everything will now be pushed back a week for those teams involved 

All too play for in 1A with any of the 4 teams (and Clare) getting the last 3 QF spots and 2 going into a pontless relagation game. Wexford vs Kilkenny and Cork vs Tipp.

1B its Waterford vs Galway a game which is bacsailly just too determine finishing spots and QF opponents but Dublin who have a week off could finish top if Waterford win (Waterford will finish 2nd due too Dublin having the h2h). A Galway win will give Galway the top spot with Dublin 2nd and Waterford 3rd

Only 1 QF on this weekend with Laois vs Limerick on Sat night which should see Limerick win handy and march on too the semi finals on the weekend of 23rd/24th March 

Other QFs
A- Laois vs Limerick (Sat 9th Mar)
B- 2nd 1A vs Galway/Waterford or Dublin
C- 3rd 1A vs Galway/Waterford or Dublin 
D- 4th 1A vs Galway or Dublin

semi draw
A vs D
B vs C
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 3:36pm
Wicklow promoted into 2A, great achievement for the county.

Offaly relegated into 2A, never thought I'd see us and Offaly in same division. 

Edited by nvidic - 10 Mar 2019 at 3:40pm
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 7:11pm
Do they ever cut the grass in Walsh Park. 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 10 Mar 2019 at 7:11pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:44am
Despite the scorline Laois performed well against the AI champions on Saturday but the wides were desperate. Defensively Laois did a great job but when you're clearing hard won ball up the field you want to see some kind of reward for your efforts.
Limerick are a serious outift though, big, strong and very well conditioned. Their movement and support play is as good as i've seen. Considering they started with only 6 or 7 of the AI winning team shows the strength in depth of the panel.
They were never in any danger so didn't have to go at full throttle but Laois did stay competing and physically they stood up to Limerick.

Following on from a very good performance against Dublin the league was decent enough and a few new faces introduced to the team. Defensively we've been good and it looks like the first 7 positions are settled on bar any injuries. Of the top 8 there's probably only 3 or 4 guaranteed starters so jersey's still up for grabs.
Rumours that Roddy King might be back in May (and we need more scoring forwards). Positively looking forward to championship now with the first game against Offaly who despite their woes can never be underestimated by Laois.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 6:20pm
So...will Michael Duignan be sacked by RTE? He's right but Cusack didn't mention his name.

Edited by corkery - 11 Mar 2019 at 6:21pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:20am

I've been a regular critic of our beloved CB (so has everyone else really), but this is one thing they have got more or less right, the proposed 16K capacity is plenty big. Cork are the only team that bring a large away crowd to every game that would test capacity, Tipp have a decent away crowd to a slightly lesser extent and at the moment, Limerick, but I wouldn't be betting much on their current level of support holding up over a decade- that is very much up a few levels due to the AI winning bounce at the minute. 

Essentially, we would be building a stadium for Cork to fill every second year. Our own support is vastly over-estimated, especially by those in this county- there was only 3371 there on Sunday V Galway in admittedly poor conditions, but that's about the scale of the hardcore support. Generally, this country has an edifice complex, more stadiums, and bigger ones, seems to be the answer to everything when its pretty clear that in most cases, they aren't needed. 

In this case, the money isn't there for a new stadium, either in the GAA centrally, the local GAA, the Government, and planning restrictions have seen to it that WP can't be made a whole lot bigger, but aside from a few fairweather fans missing a big game and away fans not being able to get all the tickets they require, it'll generally suit our own needs perfectly when completed. I'd say it's much the same story in Clare, though I'm not best placed to comment on that. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Do they ever cut the grass in Walsh Park. 

Yes. 
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
  Share Topic