You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 31>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 11:22pm
Image result for football isnt it fast show

Hmm hurling isn't it?   Jumpers for goalposts? What's the score 24-12 to 6-10??!! haha marvellous
Mummy my hand is broke from getting hit with a stick.  Shut up and get back out there! hahah wonderful.   Whats that?? You've been the victim of child abuse from the local priest!?  Haha shut up you little liar! Little rascal!  Great days.  ''But mummy he abuses me at mass aswell every Sunday before the game''  Marvellous.  Oi you cut your hair!  This is not the premier league!  Davy Fitz 3 piece suit on the Sunday Game!  Stop the world! I want to get off!!  Marvellous!

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:00am
Unbelievable scenes at the final whistle. The hurlers have always been the bridesmaids to the footballers in Laois and by Jaysus they deserved their day in the sun. The crowd on the pitch around the lads was pure joy to watch. What a turnaround in 12 months. Fighting relegation from the McDonagh cup last year to this result today. Thank you Laois hurlers for making my summer. Just a pity the game wasn’t televised. Can’t wait for the chanting at the Tipp game.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:20am
Ends Rowland, the goalkeeper has now scored 52 points in 52 games for Laois. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:25am
So glad Eddie was posted to Portlaoise Garda station all them years ago.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:38am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Great result for Laois, hope Reddladd & the Laois lads enjoy it, those days don't happen too often. Thought it would be close, but never thought they would beat Dublin. Rarely heard a manager as shell shocked as Mattie Kenny after the result. I'm sure Tipp aren't overly disappointed with the result either, and they have got an advance warning of what to expect next week too, there won't be much complacency from them. 

Nothing to lose at all for Laois, every goal they would have had at the start of the year has now been achieved, this is a free shot at one of the hurling giants in HQ, love to see them win but hopefully they will at least give a good account of themselves. 

Just listening to Davy last week and Eddie Brennan this week speaking about the belief of their respective players and their willingness to work for the group, and watching their teams implement the managers game plans on the pitch, its absolutely imperative that our manager fcuks off ASAP, because we have neither belief nor a plan, all that is going to be done if he stays on is even further damage to an already rapidly sinking ship. 

Very true in ur assignment about us but sadly Fanning is going nowhere. I'm sure hes a nice guy and has Waterfords best interests at heart but simply just not good enough for the job at this time and might be better as a number 2. Our under 20s face Tipp on Tuesday but nothing exciting coming out about the squad and it could be another bad night at the office. Hopefully they give a good account of themselves. Cork broke our Qualifying scoring record today too scoring 1-40 vs Westmeath overtaking our 1-35 win over Offaly in 2017

Huge congrats too Laois. Didnt expect them to win tbh and they done it in style and are turning into a great team. I reckon some Dubs fans were already planning for there day out in Croke Park vs Tipp but nah Laois didnt read the script. Dublin will be irate about this and really need too redeem themselves next season but fair play too Laois. 

So Qfs next Sunday, 

Tipp wont take Laois lightly who have nothing too lose but 3 weeks in a row and a Tipp team out for blood in Croke Park might be a step too far. Tipp by 10+

Cork vs Kilkenny could be a good one with both wanting too redem themselves and want a go off Limerick in the semi final. Cork can be crap or brilliant on the day but this is a weak Kilkenny side (even weaker than 2013). Interesting game but I'll go Cork by 2pts 

Edited by Healy52003 - 08 Jul 2019 at 12:39am
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:04am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Unbelievable scenes at the final whistle. The hurlers have always been the bridesmaids to the footballers in Laois and by Jaysus they deserved their day in the sun. The crowd on the pitch around the lads was pure joy to watch. What a turnaround in 12 months. Fighting relegation from the McDonagh cup last year to this result today. Thank you Laois hurlers for making my summer. Just a pity the game wasn’t televised. Can’t wait for the chanting at the Tipp game.

well done lad richly deserved
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:55am

You have the greatest chant in the history of sport 

LAOIS LAOIS LAOIS LAOIS
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

You have the greatest chant in the history of sport 

LAOIS LAOIS LAOIS LAOIS

To be fair the Laois hurling fans have a decent forum and there was a good thread about songs at games and it took months of thrashing it out and coming up with lyrics etc.  
AKA pedantic kunt
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:47am
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:08am
some mana the Buff Clap

Gwan Laois! 
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:06pm
I have to applaud the Laois performance yesterday. They always believed they could win and rarely looked in trouble and I wish them all the best next week.

As a Dublin hurling fan I have seen some good days and some very bad days and after been beaten by Westmeath back in 2008 I didn’t think it could get any worse but yesterday was even worse then that result.

I said to the lads I travel with on the way to Portlaoise that we would struggle to put Laois away because they wouldn’t fear us.

I am not taking anything away from Laois but the performance by Dublin was the most spineless gutless 70 minutes of hurling I have witnessed from Dublin and I have seen quite a few. From the very start we were in trouble no tackling,no intensity, no desire to win dirty ball, no one willing to take responsibility. Woeful shot selection, dropping a high ball into a sweeper all afternoon, Our half backs been over run and numerous misplaced passes the list is endless.

The most frustrating thing is that it took Mattie Kenny 50 minutes to make a change and in my opinion this is not the first time that he is slow to react to a situation. Collectively management and players need to take a long hard look at themselves because the performance yesterday is simply not acceptable.

Edited by SuperDub - 08 Jul 2019 at 10:10pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:46pm
Dublin Hurling are what Dublin Football were 10 years ago, very soft underbelly, and bar a few freak results, not much fight when it's put up to them. Some manager will put them right eventually.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by SuperDub SuperDub wrote:

I have to applaud the Laois performance yesterday. They always believed they could win and rarely looked in trouble and I wish them all best next week.

As a Dublin hurling fan I have seen some good days and some very bad days and after been beaten by Westmeath back in 2008 I didn’t think it could get any worse but yesterday was even worse then that result.

I said to the lads I travel with on the way to Portlaoise that we would struggle to put Laois away because they wouldn’t fear us.

I am not taking anything away from Laois but the performance by Dublin was the most spineless gutless 70 minutes of hurling I have witnessed from Dublin and I have seen quite a few. From the very start we were in trouble no tackling,no intensity, no desire to win dirty ball, no one willing to take responsibility. Woeful shot selection, dropping a high ball into a sweeper all afternoon, Our half backs been over run and numerous misplaced passes the list is endless.

The most frustrating thing is that it took Mattie Kenny 50 minutes to make a change and in my opinion this is not the first time that he is slow to react to a situation. Collectively management and players need to take a long hard look at themselves because the performance yesterday is simply not acceptable.

Thoughts were on Tipp. Clear as day.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Very true in ur assignment about us but sadly Fanning is going nowhere. I'm sure hes a nice guy and has Waterfords best interests at heart but simply just not good enough for the job at this time and might be better as a number 2. Our under 20s face Tipp on Tuesday but nothing exciting coming out about the squad and it could be another bad night at the office. Hopefully they give a good account of themselves. 

Don't think that will prove to be the case, there are strong rumours of certain players not making themselves available next year if he does stay, several of them among our better ones. 

U20 team is interesting isn't it ? No city lads whatsoever on it, the 2 from Clonea count as 'Eastern' players, but are geographically closer to the West. All that with a city manager (Roanmore) too. Having said that, I think BG won the last 2 county championships at that level, and they haven't produced a senior player for the county team since the Mahonys, SOK & Coughlan 5 or 6 years ago, despite winning 6 of the last 7 senior county championships. My omission of Hogan is deliberate. Tipp 1/20 on anyway, so doesn't seem like we have much of a chance according to bookies, to say the least. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Very true in ur assignment about us but sadly Fanning is going nowhere. I'm sure hes a nice guy and has Waterfords best interests at heart but simply just not good enough for the job at this time and might be better as a number 2. Our under 20s face Tipp on Tuesday but nothing exciting coming out about the squad and it could be another bad night at the office. Hopefully they give a good account of themselves. 

Don't think that will prove to be the case, there are strong rumours of certain players not making themselves available next year if he does stay, several of them among our better ones. 

U20 team is interesting isn't it ? No city lads whatsoever on it, the 2 from Clonea count as 'Eastern' players, but are geographically closer to the West. All that with a city manager (Roanmore) too. Having said that, I think BG won the last 2 county championships at that level, and they haven't produced a senior player for the county team since the Mahonys, SOK & Coughlan 5 or 6 years ago, despite winning 6 of the last 7 senior county championships. My omission of Hogan is deliberate. Tipp 1/20 on anyway, so doesn't seem like we have much of a chance according to bookies, to say the least. 

What I'd worry is the CB will turn a blind eye too the senior exodus and drive forward with Fanning. We had a good but lucky league this year but the Championship was a disaster esp with the Walsh Park hype. Another year of disappoint for us may await 

Would of not of guessed that for the under 20 no starting player from some of the big city clubs. Apparently very young squad and prep was way behind for some reason. Hopefully they give it a good shot and reasonable showing 
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:34pm
Unfortunately a very bad end to a very poor season for Waterford at all levels
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:08pm
Particularly at this grade as they’re the lads who will be stepping up to senior
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:21pm
9 games played this season at various levels from minor up with 8 defeats and 1 draw Ouch

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 09 Jul 2019 at 9:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 31>
  Share Topic