You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 31>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:54pm
No chance for Clare against cork? Agreed on the managers, could see them gone. If Davy leaves Wexford I can see him returning to either waterford or Clare. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:11am
We can't afford him, and half of Clare don't want him. I thought the Wexford job would have turned a bit sour for him by now, but he's still very popular there among the fans. One thing that could, and probably will go against him is Jim Bolger (one of the main money men behind Wexford) hates the style of play and said as much in a radio interview a few weeks back. If he could get Wex to another Leinster final, which they will do if they beat KK on Saturday, it might keep him there for another year, though he has never been a fella to stick around too long when he gets the impression he isn't wanted. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

If Dublin beat Galway & Wex V KK ends in a draw, all 4 teams end on 5 points (seemingly Galway are the ones to lose out in that scenario) and it's not the unlikliest set of results ever, KK only beat Wex by a point last year in NP, while Dublin will surely throw the whole lot at Galway in Parnell knowing their season is over if they don't get a result. 

Did I go to the bookies with those predictions ? Nah, of course I didn't. 

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:47pm
Great stuff listening to it on the radio. 
Both matches so close .
Very exciting .. Even to see who would get to the final 
Come on the Dubs 
Amazing to think Galway are out
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:47pm
Some set of results. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:52pm
Munster was king last year but the leinster hurling is ahead for now. Some craic with galway going out. That wexford lad who got himself sent off is a tit. Could have cost them a final vs Dublin which I reckon they'd have won. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:12am
Laois would have a chance of beating Dublin.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 4:20am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Laois would have a chance of beating Dublin.

Ya should specify a year, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to Reddladd, Kilcruise, Cheddar & all the rest of the Laois crew, but that ain't going to happen any time soon, though I do think Laois or Westmeath will give a decent game to the Dubs and whoever comes 3rd in Munster. Winning that game is a completely different story though. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 4:36am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Munster was king last year but the leinster hurling is ahead for now. Some craic with galway going out. That wexford lad who got himself sent off is a tit. Could have cost them a final vs Dublin which I reckon they'd have won. 

Good game between Galway & KK, think Galway deserved the result, but KK will justifiably have questions over the amount of added time at the end, there should have been more. Leinster has produced the better games this year, but I don't think that means much other than Leinster have 4 relatively evenly matched teams while Munster only have 3. Galway could certainly improve and may well do with Joe back, KK are essentially 14 decent, exceptionally hard working hurlers plus TJ Reid, who makes all the difference- I don't think it will be enough in the later stages, it might not even be enough next Saturday in Wexford when Davy sticks some niggle merchant on him for 70 minutes. 

Tiredness & a bit of over exuberance got the better of Matt Hanlon, but up to this game, TJ had accounted for the biggest individual scores in a game of hurling in all 3 games he played in this year, which were also the biggest individual scores of any forward in any games of hurling this year, yet Hanlon kept him scoreless from play this evening. Sending off or not, that is job done, and it probably won't happen again this year. No idea where he came out of, but the Adrian Mullin lad for KK was the best player on the pitch, he'll be a marked man from here in. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 12:23pm

Closer games absolutely but I'd say there's not a hope there'll be a Leinster winner this year
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Closer games absolutely but I'd say there's not a hope there'll be a Leinster winner this year
It's very hard to compare. All 4 from leinster can beat anyone from Munster I just can't see any of them going all the way. I think the occasion would get to Dublin and wexford. Galway and KK it wouldn't but I can't see KK going all the way. Cork under the radar could well make the final and Limerick/Tipp rightly favourites. It's probably the most competitive this championship has ever been. 
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 11:05pm
A great night in the Nell last night  with an all round team performance.  I genuinely didn’t think we would have the scoring power to beat Galway. The game went from end to end and both teams should be applauded for the excitement they provided.

For once we played for 70 minute and got vital scores at the right time. We still have loads to improve on with sloppy and misplaced passes that let Galway in for soft scores at times. That win will give young lads like Paddy Smith Ronan Hayes and Oisin O’Rorke loads of confidence. Westmeath or Laois up next and they will not make it easy for us.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 8:59am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

It's very hard to compare. All 4 from leinster can beat anyone from Munster I just can't see any of them going all the way. I think the occasion would get to Dublin and wexford. Galway and KK it wouldn't but I can't see KK going all the way. Cork under the radar could well make the final and Limerick/Tipp rightly favourites. It's probably the most competitive this championship has ever been. 
Kilkenny are being held together by TJ Reid (not that my own team Cork are any better with PA Horgan), an off day for either of those would knock them out.

Dublin/Wexford, as you say, I just can't see them putting 2 big performances back to back to win an AI.

Tipp/Limerick definitely the favourites.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 11:06pm
My earlier question has been answered. Average attendances have indeed gone up this year from 20k to 23k. That's some going. By far the most impressive was almost 40k at Tipp vs Limerick in what was effectively a dead rubber. The final will be a 45k sell out.

Considering how little the GAA care about marketing it's very impressive. I was in Thurles at the weekend and it felt like a final. Went for a pint in a pub and there was a big rave full of young lads and wans out the back. Not my cup of tea but the boom is definitely coming back.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 11:58pm
Attendances will likely continue to go up as well when you look at who is left, Tipp flying, Limerick still bringing big crowds as AI champions, Cork always have a decent crowd, KK have great support for the size of the county, Wexford will be out in huge numbers from here in, maybe even the Dubs might get a few football fans bored of their big ball crew winning every game by 15 points to turn up at the hurling as well. 

Cork or Dublin, or maybe even both, have a great chance of getting to the SF- the 3rd team gets a decent warm up V the 2 Joe Mac finalists, while the Munster & Leinster losers will likely have been flat out trying to win their respective finals, it is a great chance to catch those teams on the hop when they go to the QFs. 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 4:21am

Attendances will likely continue to go up as well when you look at who is left, Tipp flying, Limerick still bringing big crowds as AI champions, Cork always have a decent crowd, KK have great support for the size of the county, Wexford will be out in huge numbers from here in, maybe even the Dubs might get a few football fans bored of their big ball crew winning every game by 15 points to turn up at the hurling as well. 

Cork or Dublin, or maybe even both, have a great chance of getting to the SF- the 3rd team gets a decent warm up V the 2 Joe Mac finalists, while the Munster & Leinster losers will likely have been flat out trying to win their respective finals, it is a great chance to catch those teams on the hop when they go to the QFs. 

Never thought of that. One semi final should definitely bring more then the 58k or whatever went to the galway Clare match last year. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:32am
anyone seen familyguy? i'd say himself and Buff Egan are crying into a pint still with Clare out of the championship LOL
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:38am
You still think Tipp haven't a hope this year?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 31>
  Share Topic