You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 40>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KILCRUISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 10:50pm
Tipp will definitely be team to beat.

Edited by KILCRUISE - 17 Apr 2017 at 10:50pm
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 2:19pm
So its Tipp vs Galway in the league final on Sunday. Hard to call but it all depends on which Galway shows up. Tipp are a very good squad and are only in 2nd gear atm which is frightening from other counties prespective 

The 2017 Hurling Championships start this weekend too with Rounds 1 of the Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and Lory Meagher cups taking place. The Round Robin series of the Leinster Championships starts this weekend also. 

Sat 22nd April

Christy Ring Cup round 1
Mayo v Kildare, MacHale Park, 3pm
Carlow v Antrim, Netwatch Cullen Park, 3pm
Down v Roscommon, Ballycran, 1pm

Nicky Rackard Cup round 1
Louth v Derry, Darver, 3pm
Monaghan v Tyrone, Inniskeen, 3pm
Donegal v Armagh, Letterkenny, 1pm

Lory Meagher Cup round 1
Sligo v Lancashire, Markievicz Park, TBC
Cavan v Warwickshire, Kingspan Breffni Park, 2pm
Fermanagh v Leitrim, Brewster Park, 3pm

Sun 23rd Apr

Leinster SHC round 1
Meath v Kerry, Pairc Tailteann, 3pm
Laois v Westmeath, O'Moore Park, 3pm

Christy Ring Cup round 1
Wicklow v London, Arklow, 1pm

Id with Antrim for the Christy Ring Cup, Donegal for the Nicky Rackard and Warwickshire for the Lory Meagher cup. Kerry and Laois to qualify for the Leinster QFs

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He's a scumbag and always has been, a small man with a big mouth.

The only people I've found to express such views about Davy in the last few days are Tipp fans. And they're no angels themselves.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

The only people I've found to express such views about Davy in the last few days are Tipp fans. And they're no angels themselves.

You must be living under a rock the past few days so. There are plenty of non Tipperary fans who share the same view of him, just type in his name into Twitter and see the reaction Thumbs Up

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:40pm
Twitter ??? Give me a fcuking break. 

What next, the comments section of the journal.ie ?? 

No law saying anyone has to like or admire Davy, plenty don't, and almost nobody agrees with his actions on Sunday, but this ''scumbag'' thing is only for the one eyed supporter or bandwagoner to be honest. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:43pm

The only people I've found to express such views about Davy in the last few days are Tipp fans. And they're no angels themselves.

You must be living under a rock the past few days so. There are plenty of non Tipperary fans who share the same view of him, just type in his name into Twitter and see the reaction Thumbs Up

While I wouldn't disagree that a number of people dislike him, I've only seen Tipperary fans calling him a scumbag. Its no surprise. He's often got the better of Tipp and frequently got under their noses throughout the years.

Its a typical reaction for someone who annoys you so much and is successful. And he's been successful at nearly every team he's been involved with.
You don't know Bo?

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

No law saying anyone has to like or admire Davy, plenty don't, and almost nobody agrees with his actions on Sunday, but this ''scumbag'' thing is only for the one eyed supporter or bandwagoner to be honest. 

Clap
You don't know Bo?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:52pm

With all due you have completely let Bo's comment and my reply go over your head.

He said he only heard Tipp fans calling him a scumbag, I replied with an answer that would be backed up by simply clicking on Twitter and typing in his name.

Jesus Christ LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:58pm

While I wouldn't disagree that a number of people dislike him, I've only seen Tipperary fans calling him a scumbag. Its no surprise. He's often got the better of Tipp and frequently got under their noses throughout the years.

Its a typical reaction for someone who annoys you so much and is successful. And he's been successful at nearly every team he's been involved with.

So like I said check Twitter/Facebook to see the high volumes of people calling him every name under the sun Thumbs Up Or do those people's opinions not count because they don't fit your agenda?

His behaviour was that of what a tramp would do on Sunday but sure look we'll ignore that just because he's beaten Tipp a good few times in his career. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:09pm
I'll make it clear so; it was your initial post of calling him a scumbag I was replying to more than Bo's reply. 

Attempting to justify that opinion with reference to opinions on Twitter is, in my own humble opinion, pretty laughable, and in my own opinion, twitter opinions themselves   are reasonably comparable to the comments section of the journal.ie, which, as far as I can tell, is mainly populated by the absolute dregs of Irish society, with the level of vitriol expressed usually being in an inverse proportion to the amount of brain cells they possess between them. 

That isn't to say those opinions aren't there (just making things clear again, but by the way, feel absolutely free to point me in the direction of a link with a hurling journalist or IC player calling Davy a scumbag, I haven't looked) - it was merely my opinion on the general worth of the views of Davy shared by yerself. 

I didn't comment on Bo's assertion that he has only heard Tipp fans say that in the past few days, as I haven't heard anyone at all saying it until you posted it a few minutes ago, and I wouldn't really be looking toward twitter for any opinions I have on hurling, what with having a mind of me own and stuff, even if some things posted by the intelligentsia occasionally go over my head. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:17pm

I'll make it clear so; it was your initial post of calling him a scumbag I was replying to more than Bo's reply. 

Attempting to justify that opinion with reference to opinions on Twitter is, in my own humble opinion, pretty laughable, and in my own opinion, twitter opinions themselves   are reasonably comparable to the comments section of the journal.ie, which, as far as I can tell, is mainly populated by the absolute dregs of Irish society, with the level of vitriol expressed usually being in an inverse proportion to the amount of brain cells they possess between them. 

That isn't to say those opinions aren't there (just making things clear again, but by the way, feel absolutely free to point me in the direction of a link with a hurling journalist or IC player calling Davy a scumbag, I haven't looked) - it was merely my opinion on the general worth of the views of Davy shared by yerself. 

I didn't comment on Bo's assertion that he has only heard Tipp fans say that in the past few days, as I haven't heard anyone at all saying it until you posted it a few minutes ago, and I wouldn't really be looking toward twitter for any opinions I have on hurling, what with having a mind of me own and stuff, even if some things posted by the intelligentsia occasionally go over my head. 

Bo was fitting his own agenda by saying it was only Tipp fans calling him a scumbag and what not, but yet he had nothing to back that up with? Social Media for all its failings backed up my point that it was more than just Tipp fans calling him this and that.

I could easily say "well anyone I spoke to in Carlow or Laois were saying Davy was a scumbag" to fit my agenda.

When you have Wexford Legends like Storey being very critical of him you know full well he deserves to be punished.

Anthony Daly has beaten Tipp on plenty of occasions, just like Davy Fitz yet my opinion of Daly couldn't be higher, he seems an absolute gentleman. 

TBF Deise, Davy Fitz would be still held in pretty high regard in Waterford so of course there wouldn't be much said in a negative light about him given your boys wouldn't be overly fond of Tipp either.

I called it how I saw it on Sunday, I dislike the man I can openly admit that and his actions can often fuel the fire even more. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:37pm
I think everybody (well, more or less everybody) was correctly critical of his actions on Sunday, and looking at it with a cynical head, and even though Wexford came back into the game for a while later on, I would be of the view that it provided the main talking point rather than the 13 point defeat, and despite the ''ah its all passion'' comments of & about Davy, he is quite the media manipulator when he wants to be. 

It is a recurring theme of his management, to humbly take credit (usually all of it) when things are going well, and to blame outside influences or even his own players when they don't. Sample quote '' I dunno whose gameplan that was, but certainly not mine'' after one of our heavy defeats. 

He is not held in high regard around here at all, with most blaming him for the introduction of the 'negative' style hurling we alone, and nobody else, seem to play all these years later, well, that is if you believe everything you read.  It has some truth, but isn't quite correct either. 

If anything, I think (but I'm in a minority even in me own house with this opinion) his time here is underrated, I honestly think his Munster win in 2010 with an ageing WD team in transition was a better managerial achievement than the AI with Clare in 2013, who had both superior players and an easier run to that final. It's not an opinion many agree with me on, maybe I should take a look at Twitter meself..... 

He did stay a year too long though, which soured many against him, and also had the hammerings by Tipp & KK as a black mark against them, but time has proved those particular 2 things have happened again since, and I have no doubt they will again. We have plenty idiot fans who would profess a dislike of Tipp, and everyone else for that matter. I can't agree or disagree with Bo as I have no idea who he talked to or what he read, but I wouldn't be trying to justify any opinion I have by referencing idiots on twitter, that's about all I'm saying. 

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:53pm
Galway v Tipp in the league final in the Gaelic Grounds! It doesn't really suit me so won't be making it to the game! i find it annoying how the Gaa will move this game to Limerick saying its fairer to both teams to be in a neutral venue however if Tipp were to lose in Munster and come through the back door another team will have to play them in Thurles because the Gaa always try and have a big band in Croke Park the weekend of the quarter finals! i also remember the Galway U21 team had to play Tipp in a final in Thurles in 2010 a week after the Tipp seniors had beaten Kilkenny! Galway repeatedly asked for the game to be moved to no avail!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 19 Apr 2017 at 8:53pm
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 10:19pm
Tullamore would have been ideal for it.
Grubar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

So its Tipp vs Galway in the league final on Sunday. Hard to call but it all depends on which Galway shows up. Tipp are a very good squad and are only in 2nd gear atm which is frightening from other counties prespective 

The 2017 Hurling Championships start this weekend too with Rounds 1 of the Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and Lory Meagher cups taking place. The Round Robin series of the Leinster Championships starts this weekend also. 

Sat 22nd April
<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 10px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Christy Ring Cup round 1<br style="-sizing: border-;">Mayo v Kildare, MacHale Park, 3pm<br style="-sizing: border-;">Carlow v Antrim, Netwatch Cullen Park, 3pm<br style="-sizing: border-;">Down v Roscommon, Ballycran, 1pm<br style="-sizing: border-;"><br style="-sizing: border-;">Nicky Rackard Cup round 1<br style="-sizing: border-;">Louth v Derry, Darver, 3pm<br style="-sizing: border-;">Monaghan v Tyrone, Inniskeen, 3pm<br style="-sizing: border-;">Donegal v Armagh, Letterkenny, 1pm

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 10px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Lory Meagher Cup round 1<br style="-sizing: border-;">Sligo v Lancashire, Markievicz Park, TBC<br style="-sizing: border-;">Cavan v Warwickshire, Kingspan Breffni Park, 2pm<br style="-sizing: border-;">Fermanagh v Leitrim, Brewster Park, 3pm

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 10px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Sun 23rd Apr

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 10px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Leinster SHC round 1<br style="-sizing: border-;">Meath v Kerry, Pairc Tailteann, 3pm<br style="-sizing: border-;">Laois v Westmeath, O'Moore Park, 3pm<br style="-sizing: border-;"><br style="-sizing: border-;">Christy Ring Cup round 1<br style="-sizing: border-;">Wicklow v London, Arklow, 1pm

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 10px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Id with Antrim for the Christy Ring Cup, Donegal for the Nicky Rackard and Warwickshire for the Lory Meagher cup. Kerry and Laois to qualify for the Leinster QFs

the Crusty Ring is for sh8te teams
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:07am
Well done Grubar, a well thought out, articulate contribution to the topic. Don't leave it as long the next time to visit as we are truly fortunate to have posters like you imparting their knowledge and wisdom on the game of hurling.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:13am
Davy Fitz hit with an 8 week ban, good to the see GAA clamping down on that sort of behaviour Thumbs Up

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:14am
Was ridiculous behaviour.
The only way it would be condoned on here is if it was Neil Lennon involved

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 40>
  Share Topic