You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 40>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by The Jackal The Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Why would a team winning by using a clever system and outsmarting a team not be a good thing Jason.

What's wrong with a piece of tactical nous being the difference.
It won't work on Galway.

And would there be any particular reason why not ?? Or is it just that Galway are by far superior and we are wasting our time even turning up ?? Could be wrong, but I'm not expecting a Donal O'Grady style tactical masterclass of an answer here, for some reason. 

Edited by deise316 - 15 Aug 2017 at 7:21pm
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:33pm
Aussie Gleeson should do the lotto or something, tis an absolute let off that he has been cleared to play.
That aside, the rules and the way they are selectively applied is the problem, really him & Tuohy should have been banned, TDB shouldn't have been, but yet TDB is the one who served a suspension, & the 2 lads are cleared, which just about sums up how farcical the whole thing is. 

I'm not going to be any way apologetic about it though, I'm delighted he is cleared, we were on the end of an unfair decision last week, this week we get to benefit from one. The outrage on the oul social media is nothing short of hilarious, the vast majority of it coming from Cork & KK. 

Most Galway lads, to their credit, haven't said anything, and neither have many Tipp lads, a bit surprised by that in one way but fair play to Tipp ! As regards the ex-KK vast amount of media pundits, all of Tommy Walsh, Eoin Larkin, Shefflin, Richie Power, Eddie Brennan, DJ and wannabe KK man Michael Duignan all expressed their disappointment in the last 2 days that Gleeson might not play in the final. 

Presumably, they will all be absolutely delighted for him now, and we will see that reflected in their various media presences tomorrow. For some reason, I'm reminded of the builder Mick Bailey, when asked by the late James Gogarty of tribunal fame about the possibility of getting a receipt for a 50K bribe to Ray Burke. ''Will we Fcuk''

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I have had a strong dislike in Hurling terms Wink for Waterford over the years "but" I was over the moon for McGrath and the players winning on Sunday. You can't help but appreciate the likes of Barron, Gleesons x2, TBD, Brick etc and how passionate the county is about it's Hurling and like Galway have endured years of frustration in their attempts to finally bring Liam McCarthy home! 

Bizarre statement I must say, since we have only beaten Tipp 5 times out of the 15 times we have played them since 1995, and most recently all the way back in 2008. Only ever beat them in a single final, Munster 2002, and been on the end of some awful hammerings in a good few of those 10 losses. 

Ya must have been listening to the KK lads telling ye that kissing crests on jerseys was offensive to the great tradition of hurling or some such. 

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:32pm
Good man Deise you'll defend your county sure ya loves it. The rule about the helmets and referee reports does need to be cleared up. Anyhow i'm sure the media will have the final down to a Gleesonv Canning affair now. It will be interesting to see if Gleeson gets any AI final nerves. Joe has been there before. Maybe he won't sure who knows. Deise i don't suppose there's any chance of you riding bareback down the Quay if the Deise win.

Edited by reddladd - 15 Aug 2017 at 8:33pm
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The Jackal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by The Jackal The Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Why would a team winning by using a clever system and outsmarting a team not be a good thing Jason.

What's wrong with a piece of tactical nous being the difference.
It won't work on Galway.

And would there be any particular reason why not ?? Or is it just that Galway are by far superior and we are wasting our time even turning up ?? Could be wrong, but I'm not expecting a Donal O'Grady style tactical masterclass of an answer here, for some reason. 

Galway are much better.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:57pm
The jackass seem's to have very limited vocabulary, i seem to remember another runt that was similarly challenged but under a different guise LOL
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Good man Deise you'll defend your county sure ya loves it. YES
The rule about the helmets and referee reports does need to be cleared up. YES
Anyhow i'm sure the media will have the final down to a Gleesonv Canning affair now.YES
It will be interesting to see if Gleeson gets any AI final nerves. NO
Joe has been there before.HE HAS
Maybe he won't sure who knows. BE GRAND
Deise i don't suppose there's any chance of you riding bareback down the Quay if the Deise win. NYET

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 11:15pm
Betting suspended on Pat Gilroy to be the next Dublin manager. Very left field choice Pat hasn't played hurling at a high level if not at all afaik

Edited by Denis Irwin - 15 Aug 2017 at 11:15pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Betting suspended on Pat Gilroy to be the next Dublin manager. Very left field choice Pat hasn't played hurling at a high level if not at all afaik

Pat seem to be getting linked to alot of jobs rumours going around up here he met members of the county executive and was interested in the Donegal job

Was surprised when I heard that but not as much as I was when read your post didn't know he had any experience in managing a hurling team. Thought dublin would of went for s big hurling name this time
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I have had a strong dislike in Hurling terms Wink for Waterford over the years "but" I was over the moon for McGrath and the players winning on Sunday. You can't help but appreciate the likes of Barron, Gleesons x2, TBD, Brick etc and how passionate the county is about it's Hurling and like Galway have endured years of frustration in their attempts to finally bring Liam McCarthy home! 

Bizarre statement I must say, since we have only beaten Tipp 5 times out of the 15 times we have played them since 1995, and most recently all the way back in 2008. Only ever beat them in a single final, Munster 2002, and been on the end of some awful hammerings in a good few of those 10 losses. 

Ya must have been listening to the KK lads telling ye that kissing crests on jerseys was offensive to the great tradition of hurling or some such. 

Well it's just my opinion of course take it how you wish.

Also, I don't think Tipp having the upper hand on Waterford out of 15 meetings has to have a massive bearing on why I dislike Waterford! I know plenty of lads who love their hurling in Carlow who have a strong dislike for Tipp so it works both ways.

Yet looking ahead to All Ireland Final Day I sure as hell wouldn't begrudge Waterford winning the Liam McCarthy.

Hoping it's a cracker and may the best team win! 

As I said previously, Hurling is the real winner as one side will end decades of hurt Wink
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:10am
Don't really care who likes who or not, find that kind of thing childish meself, but usually there is some kind of reason, the Clare lads disliked Tipp for years because Nicky English allegedly smiled at them when he was belting the ball over the bar during a thrashing in 1993. 

Likewise Loughnane's wind up antics in 1998 made Clare public enemies down here for a while, where there was never a rivalry between the 2 sides before that. Kind of took til we beat them in 2003 for all that to go away, was grand again after that and has been since. 

You had Cork & KK falling out over the strike incidents with likes of Donal Og in particular being very vocal, which lead to ill feelings between fans of the 2 counties around then. 

Unless yer near the border of the 2 counties where lads on one side tend to detest the other one (Carrick, for example), picking a random county that you don't particularly even meet that often, stand miles behind you in overall titles, haven't beaten you in nearly a decade and have a 2 in 3 win rate against is bizarre, but as ya said, each to their own. Thumbs Up

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 11:04am
Most rivalries depend on how successful the respective counties are and how many times they play each other. Other rivalries are geographic and it doesn't matter how sh*te either team are you always want to beat them.
The Laois Offaly rivalry doesn't affect me because we are from the other side of the county close to both Kildare and Carlow borders but lads up around Portarlington, Camross etc would tell ya a different story.
Sure Laois boarders KK but it doesn't need to be said that there is f**k all rivalry.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:12pm
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jackie-tyrrell-cody-taught-us-to-block-out-all-ireland-noise-1.3189839

very good article by Jackie Tyrrell on the buildup to the final. Very much looking forward too the build up and its feels amazing been there. The Ticket hunt is well and truly started in Waterford 

All Ireland Under 21 Semi finals take place 2morrow in Thurles Derry vs Kilkenny and Galway vs Limerick. As much as i would love Derry too beat Kilkenny i cant see it and i can see Kilkenny winning by +15. The other semi final between Galway and Limerick will be much closer and i think Galway will shade it as the hurt from last years defeat too Waterford is there, Limerick have a very good team on paper but they struggled in the munster final. Anything can happen in this grade tbh 
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:59pm
I have no issue with Austin Gleeson playing the final. The incident is something that's going to have to be reprimanded upon in future regardless of if it is missed during the game. However, if Adrian Tuohy gets off with his then so should Gleeson.

And given what Tony Keady had to endure nearly 30 years ago and the drama that went with that, it has to be said Tipperary officials voted for Keady to be reinstated at the time. If we are to beat Waterford in the final, I want to beat them at full strength. And Gleeson, much like Keady, is a player whose talent deserves to be in the final.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 4:12pm
Looks like the first u21 semi final is going to be an absolute turkey shoot
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Time to end the days of Ulster teams goimg to All Ireland semis in these comps.

Its a waste of everyones time
@AntrimMan85
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Time to end the days of Ulster teams goimg to All Ireland semis in these comps.

Its a waste of everyones time

Absolutey,nobody is benefiting or getting anything from these games
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 6:34pm
8-35-0-07 Jesus Christ but Ulster was top priority for Derry this year and they are bound too have a good night tonight down in Thurles. Can't judge Kilkenny on that

It's anyone's game in the other semi and could possibly go to ET
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 40>
  Share Topic