You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 113>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 9:27am
Down is a sh*t show the way the county team are run, but at the same time I don't think they have the players at the minute
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 9:34am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Meanwhile, James McCartan has resigned as Down manager, to the surprise of hardly anyone.

God knows who the county board will manage to replace him, just seems to be a sh*t show considering he only agreed to take the job last year to dig the team out of a hole, and had to be talked out of quitting earlier this year. Also, we're now the worst team in Ulster, relegated to Division 3 of the National League next year, and no grounds for any optimism for the Championship. Cry

Grim times here in the Mourne county - thank God I got the day out at CP back in February to see Kilcoo win the All-Ireland Club Championship, even though I live in Newry.

28 years since we last won the AIC - and at this rate, it could be at least another 28 years before we have a chance. 

Kilcoo very strong.

Good population base.

They're surely better than Antrim and probably Fermanagh 
Nope - even managed to lose to Antrim in the McKenna Cup in Newry ffs. Even though it's seen as just a pre-season competition, that game had the alarm bells going, and sure enough we went on to have a car-crash of a season. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 10:06am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Meanwhile, James McCartan has resigned as Down manager, to the surprise of hardly anyone.

God knows who the county board will manage to replace him, just seems to be a sh*t show considering he only agreed to take the job last year to dig the team out of a hole, and had to be talked out of quitting earlier this year. Also, we're now the worst team in Ulster, relegated to Division 3 of the National League next year, and no grounds for any optimism for the Championship. Cry

Grim times here in the Mourne county - thank God I got the day out at CP back in February to see Kilcoo win the All-Ireland Club Championship, even though I live in Newry.

28 years since we last won the AIC - and at this rate, it could be at least another 28 years before we have a chance. 
The positive for down is you're not sharing the province with the likes of down or Kerry so when you do get back you'll have a chance of winning something. Derry proved it can be done this year.

It will be interesting if Antrim improves faster then Down considering the money being invested into Belfast.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 10:24am
Know of a few stories where McCarten alienated himself from the players, it’s a shambles that half the Kikcoo team would choose not to represent Down also! The County board would be up there with the worst in the Country.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 12:15pm
Watched a good few Down games and they were miles off the opposition in most games in terms of fitness and conditioning. Thats what happens when you don't appoint a manager until a few weeks before the first game. Other counties are training from October

Jim McGuinness had agreed to take the Down job at the end of 2021 but asked the county board not to release anything until a certain date. Word got out and Jim walked away. 

They're miles behind other counties, even counties who they would previously have looked down their noses at, in terms of organisation, fitness and structure. 

If they had got in someone like McGuinness I'd say a few of the Kilcoo players would have committed, the Brannigans will never play for Down no matter what, and to be honest i think the jury is out on a lot of the Kilcoo players at county level. Most of them have been tried and tested over the last few years and didn't pull up many trees. 

Hence why i think Down don't have the players at the minute to get anywhere near the top of Division 2 sides
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 7:57am
Clifford be in some horrors today when he sees that video gone viral 🙈
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 9:37am
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2022/07/27/news/down_great_ross_carr_fears_drop_down_to_division_four_for_mournemen-2782331/

Why would I not be surprised if this was to happen Disapprove
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Clifford be in some horrors today when he sees that video gone viral 🙈

The video of him waving his bank card. I'd say he won't be too bothered. 
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 10:40am
What about the whole PSNI story with them withdrawing from a Dads and Lads tournament in Banbridge becasue the organising club released that it was the PSNI in order to differentiate from another club of the same name (St Michael's) who were also participating LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 10:51am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

What about the whole PSNI story with them withdrawing from a Dads and Lads tournament in Banbridge becasue the organising club released that it was the PSNI in order to differentiate from another club of the same name (St Michael's) who were also participating LOL

A farce of an article, she wrote it without checking its veracity!

The PSNI team pulled out on their own accord, of course all participating teams were going to be informed on which teams were taking part, standard practice for any GAA tournament I’ve ever been involved in.

No surprise to see the usual clowns in the Unionist circles jumping all over it.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 29 Jul 2022 at 10:51am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 10:54am
Alison Morris and Jamie Bryson going out of their way to make a story where there is none really here

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Alison Morris and Jamie Bryson going out of their way to make a story where there is none really here

Funnily enough the GAA fiction story kept another more vile PSNI report off the Belfast Telegraph’s front page. 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 11:16am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Funnily enough the GAA fiction story kept another more vile PSNI report off the Belfast Telegraph’s front page. 

Their application to withhold certain evidence from the public for the Inquest in to Noah Donohoe's death also went very quiet
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 11:50am
Yep, the radio shows were very quiet on both of those stories

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Their application to withhold certain evidence from the public for the Inquest in to Noah Donohoe's death also went very quiet

I was just going to post a similar comment.

The Garda car in Tyrone was from 2 years ago. Then dragging the GAA to the media with some non story when the biggest news story is the PII on Noah Donahue.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 9:04am
Shane Walsh's club blocking a his move to a Dublin because he is living there.  Are they going to pay his mileage to get back for training 3 times a week.  Why should a student be out of pocket. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Shane Walsh's club blocking a his move to a Dublin because he is living there.  Are they going to pay his mileage to get back for training 3 times a week.  Why should a student be out of pocket. 

They probably are/would.
But it some amount of traveling to commit to so they should let him transfer.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 9:30am
I don't agree with the switch to Kilmacud Crokes. Fully get that if he's living in Dublin that he want's to play club football here to save travelling etc but I've been told he's not living anywhere near Stillorgan. I have been told where he lives in Dublin and if true then the parish rule should be enforced and he should join the local club which is Templeogue Synge Street. Still a Senior & Div 2 club. Not right picking a massive & successful club like Crokes.  
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 113>
  Share Topic