You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football Championship 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:33am
i spoke to alan freeman sunday night and he didnt know why he was taken off, he was asked that same question 100 times that night.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:06am
Brolly playing in the GOAL challenge tonight. Would love to see one of the Dublin players be cynical against him
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:32am
Watched the first half again with the sound turned down............its was dire in quality. All the hullaballoo with the commentary, crowd noises etc. really distorts the perception of whats actually happening on the pitch.

Its a lot easier to comment on the actual quality of a game when the result is known.

One thing that did strike me concerned the disputed first minute point, it took nearly a minute between the shot, getting the judgement and Cluxtons kick out. The ref played one minute injury time at the end of the first half despite several stoppages for injuries. Bizarre.

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:47am
Time keeping needs to be taken away from refs.

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:52am
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Maybe you should get in touch with the Dcb (thats Dublin County Board,you would have been in close enough contact with if you actually did half he sh1te you were on about)and ask them what they think of you and your management since the under 6's to the over 42's or whatever sh1te ya were spouting.Clown features.

Is this the drink talking again or are ya really a bitter fool. Ps I thought you weren't talking to me again. I heard Cillian O'Connor cant walk around mayo this week without been mobbed with everyone patting his sore shoulder and telling him he's a bigger legend than all the other all Ireland final losers of the past .   

Edited by RazorMac - 25 Sep 2013 at 10:54am
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by RazorMac RazorMac wrote:

Maybe you should get in touch with the Dcb (thats Dublin County Board,you would have been in close enough contact with if you actually did half he sh1te you were on about)and ask them what they think of you and your management since the under 6's to the over 42's or whatever sh1te ya were spouting.Clown features.

Is this the drink talking again or are ya really a bitter fool. Ps I thought you weren't talking to me again. I heard Cillian O'Connor cant walk around mayo this week without been mobbed with everyone patting his sore shoulder and telling him he's a bigger legend than all the other all Ireland final losers of the past .   

Look pal,you made a massive t1t of yourself on here.You listed off all your achievements as a ref,super coach,great gael etc and then proceeded to ask what the DCB was!LOLLOL

You can write whatever you want here but that happened.You're an idiot and a bluffer,albeit, a somewhat amusing idiot.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 3:18pm

By the way,i really like that you edited that post,i'd love to see what gems it contained before you decided it needed amending!
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i spoke to alan freeman sunday night and he didnt know why he was taken off, he was asked that same question 100 times that night.

Was he not sick Milla? Talking to people who should know and that was the line they were telling.If he wasnt,it was a strange decision by James who didnt have his best game decision wise imho anyway.
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 3:33pm

By the way,i really like that you edited that post,i'd love to see what gems it contained before you decided it needed amending!
of course I know what dublin county board is ya spa. I worked for them as as gpo for 2 years. I thought the poster said dcb was our new sponsor. Thought it was a bank or something abbreviated. Ring up county board and ask them if you are so obsessed with trying to humiliate me. Youll never admit but everything you thing I am your so far off the mark..But look youll latch on to anything to try and make me look bad because I predicted mayo are chokers in finals and we took a break from sam last year. Told ya we would be back. Cillian is a legend. Theres something different about Mayo this year!!!    
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:47pm

of course I know what dublin county board is ya spa. I worked for them as as gpo for 2 years. I thought the poster said dcb was our new sponsor. Thought it was a bank or something abbreviated. Ring up county board and ask them if you are so obsessed with trying to humiliate me. Youll never admit but everything you thing I am your so far off the mark..But look youll latch on to anything to try and make me look bad because I predicted mayo are chokers in finals and we took a break from sam last year. Told ya we would be back. Cillian is a legend. Theres something different about Mayo this year!!!    

Spoofer,I might ring up the DCB alright(thats Dublin County Board by the way) and ask them if they know "razormac"LOL I'll tell them he worked for ye but doesnt know who or what ye areLOL Bluffer.I'll also mention that while the whole of Dublin was out celebrating he was making a complete t1t of himself on here.

RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:06pm

Spoofer,I might ring up the DCB alright(thats Dublin County Board by the way) and ask them if they know "razormac"LOL I'll tell them he worked for ye but doesnt know who or what ye areLOL Bluffer.I'll also mention that while the whole of Dublin was out celebrating he was making a complete t1t of himself on here.

Look pal. Im a true gaa man. Have recently retired from football having played 26 years for my club.   I know by a lot of your posts you question a lot of Dublin fans.I cringe for lots of idiots on the hill that only show up in the summer. Ive no need to spoof. Look ill end this fued here and now. I cant stand people who tell lies. You are so wide of the mark. The dcb comment was a bit naive. I just read d post wrong. When I look back I laughed. I thought it said dcb are going to be the new sponsor. Tbh im terrible on d net and only found out recently that to be honest was tbh. If ya read it back I said I thought Supervalu were front runners. Believe what ya want. your so intent on trying to suss me out I will pm you my details and go digging. I didn't celebrate too much this year because I had to look after my 3 year old daughter. You must have a big chip on your shoulder. What ever makes you happy.    
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:19pm
End of feud,boring the p1ss out of everyone else.Enough's been said.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:21pm

End of feud,boring the p1ss out of everyone else.Enough's been said.

Clap

thank fook

Lets hope Jinky and ScottyCCFC call a ceasefire on that cringeworthy thread on ROW 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:30pm
Sad basturd that I am, I have conducted a comprehensive analysis of Joe McQuillan's performance and every decision he made in the match. Mistakes and borderline decisions in bold. Frees to Dublin in italics. While he did make a lot of mistakes, none was especially obvious, and overall I believe he did a decent enough enough job in what was a very tough game to referee.
-----

01:45: Michael Darragh McAuley crashes into the back of Donal Vaughan – free correctly awarded. 1.

03:08 – Paddy Andrews late slap to the chest on Kevin McLoughlin – foul and probable yellow card but not given

04:30 – Paul Mannion fouls Tom Cunniffe – free correctly awarded for leading with elbow rather than shoulder. 2.

06:25 – Michael Darragh McAuley brings down Seamus O’Shea – correct decision. 3.
08:04 Paul Flynn adjudged to have fouled Donal Vaughan at kickout – borderline, but incident not fully covered by camera, so debatable. Free given. 4

08:22 Jonny Cooper fouls Andy Moran – incorrect decision. 5.

11:35 –Philly McMahon picks the ball off the ground – free correctly awarded. 6.

12:40 Tom Cunniffe fouls Paul Mannion – free correctly awarded. 1

14:01: Diarmuid Connolly tackle on Lee Keegan – free given, slightly soft but still probably a correctly awarded free. 7.

15:47: Chris Barrett closed hand tackle on Ciaran Kilkenny – foul not awarded, incorrect decision, Dublin got the goal seconds later so McQuillan’s incorrect decision in this case ended up benefitting them. 

18:28: Eoghan O’Gara push in the back on Ger Cafferkey – free correctly awarded. Free correctly moved up 13 metres for obstruction by O’Gara. 8.

19:19: Ciaran Kilkenny fouled by a combination of two Mayo players, free correctly awarded and correctly moved up 13 metres for knocking the ball out of Kilkenny’s hand as he was about to take the free. 2.

19:50: Alan Freeman fouled by Rory O’Carroll tackle to the face and Jack McCaffrey tackle to the face – correct decision but McQuillan could have allowed advantage – Freeman worked a goal chance but in the referee’s defence a goal did not look on when the initial foul was made and it was in a clear scoring area so any advantage would had to have been a obvious goal chance. 9.

21:35: Seamus O’Shea held up by Cian O’Sullivan – free correctly awarded. 10.

22:30: Lee Keegan gets a yellow card for dragging back Diarmuid Connolly – correct decision. Free given. 3.

22:57: Bernard Brogan blown up for overcarrying – correct decision. 11.

23:55 Paddy Andrews penalised for push on Keith Higgins – free awarded, borderline decision, certainly softish. 12.

26: 20: Eoghan O'Gara pulls back Tom Cunniffe and gathers possession before setting up Maichael Darragh McAuley for a goal chance. Not spotted by McQuillan.

26:30 Dublin incorrectly awarded a 45 (which Stephen Cluxton pointed) when Michael Darragh McAuley’s shot was saved by Hennelly but rebounded off McAuley. Umpiring decision. 

27:45: Alan Dillon caught in possession and tackle around the head area by both Diarmuid Connolly and Ciaran Kilkenny – free correctly awarded. 13

27:57: Andy Moran falls over theatrically in an attempt to win a free but McQuillan correctly ignores it. Correct decision.

33:13: Lee Keegan pulls Diarmuid Connolly’s jersey – free correctly awarded. 4.

35:16: Cian O’Sullivan takes 11 steps – free to Mayo should have been given but wasn’t.

35:28: Cillian O’Connor puts his arm around Jack McCaffrey’s neck – free correctly given. 5.

36:05: Andy Moran clearly fouled by Cian O’Sullivan and Rory O’Carroll – free incorrectly given to Dublin. 6. 

--------

37:25 Bernard Brogan catches Keith Higgins around the neck in an attempt to tackle but a free is not given.

38:53: Cillian O’Connor drags down Philly McMahon as the two go for the ball but McQuillan gives Dublin the advantage and allows them play their way out. Correct advantage.

39:20: Chris Barrett leaves a boot in on Ciaran Kilkenny as Kilkenny attempts to pick the ball up. Free should have been given to Dublin but wasn’t.

40: 46: James McCarthy leads with the elbow on Colm Boyle. Free not awarded. Probably not serious enough to warrant a yellow card, though. 

40:50: Eoghan O’Gara cynically pulls down Colm Boyle and then leans in with the knee to prevent Boyle getting up quickly. Free correctly awarded, but a yellow card should have been awarded too. Would have been a black card offence next year. 13. 

41:07: Paul Flynn trips Andy Moran just outside the penalty area. No free given. 

41:10: Moran is crowded out by three Dublin players. All tackles look fair, and Moran probably overplays the ball. Free incorrectly awarded to Mayo, perhaps to make up for what had happened a few seconds earlier. 14. 

42:33: Keith Higgins pushed over by Eoghan O’Gara. Free correctly awarded. 15.

44:55 Cathal Carolan fouls Darren Daly. Free correctly awarded. 7. 

45:53: Diarmuid Connolly fouls Lee Keegan. Free correctly awarded. 16.

47:00 Michael Conroy goes down under pressure from Jonny Cooper in a scoring area. Cooper and Rory O’Carroll both lay hands on his neck during the incident. Borderline free, but not given. 

47:57: Eoghan O’Gara tackles Donal Vaughan around the neck and then drags him down from behind. Yellow card correctly given. Should have been a second yellow offence for O’Gara. 17.

51:00 Cillian O’Connor pulls back Rory O’Carroll. Free correctly awarded. 8. 

54:22. Paul Flynn pulls Kevin McLoughlin’s jersey. Free correctly awarded. 18.

54:31. Cian O’Sullivan fouls Andy Moran. Free correctly awarded. 19.

56:08. Ger Cafferkey adjudged to have pushed Bernard Brogan in the back. Difficult to see from camera angle but McQuillan seemed quite certain of the decision so was likely correct. 9. 

57:59: Rory O’Carroll gets a yellow card for a tackle on Enda Varley. This was a very marginal decision. On the live viewing it looked shoulder to shoulder, and it’s an honest attempt to tackle fairly, but O’Carroll does get very slightly above Varley’s shoulder and crashes into his head. Purely on a live viewing I would have called it as a wrong decision. But either decision would have been understandable. 20

62:35: Darren Daly fouls Colm Boyle and throws ball back to stop it being taken quickly. Free correctly awarded. 21.

64:23 Darren Daly fouls Enda Varley. Free given. Attemped shoulder to shoulder, but probably a foul. Debatable yellow, I probably wouldn’t have given it. 22.

64:57: Bernard Brogan drags Aidan O’Se down around the neck and then knocks the ball out of his hand before he can take it. Free correctly given and correctly moved forward 13 metres. Yellow card should have been given. 23. 

65:57: Dean Rock fouls Colm Boyle. Free given, but looked soft and I would not have awarded it. 24.

66:13. Andy Moran fouls Cian O’Sullivan from behind. Softish, but still probably a free. 10.

67:20. Colm Boyle lunges at Kevin McManamon. Free correctly awarded. Yellow card awarded, slightly harshly. 11.

68:40: Kevin McManamon rugby tackles Lee Keegan and holds him down with his body to stop him getting up. Free and yellow card correctly awarded. Would be a stonewall black card offence next year. Worst foul of the match. 25.

69:10: Darren Daly pushes Enda Varley. Free correctly awarded. 26.

69:51: Keith Higgins pulls Kevin McManamon’s jersey on the Cusack Stand side 35 metres out. Free not given.

70:14: Ger Brennan fouls Ger Cafferkey around the neck and repeatedly obstructs him from taking a quick free. Free and yellow card correctly awarded. 27.

70:36: Dean Rock pulls back Aidan O’Shea in midfield. Free correctly awarded. Should have been a yellow card. 28.

70:43: Donal Vaughan fouled by Darren Daly (I think) in a scoring area 25m out. Philly McMahon is fouled by Colm Boyle and free to Dublin is given.12. 

71:27: Dean Rock fouls Chris Barrett. Free correctly awarded. 29.

71:38: Colm Boyle slapped around the face by Denis Bastick. Free correctly awarded. 30.

72:52. James McCarthy blown up for overcarrying. Free correctly awarded. 31.

73:27: Darren Daly holds up Enda Varley. Free correctly awarded. 32.

Edited by sid waddell - 25 Sep 2013 at 8:31pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:37pm
Actual free count:
Mayo 32 Dublin 12

Correct decisions by Joe McQuillan: 

Overall mistakes by Joe McQuillan: 

Free count should have been:
Mayo 36 Dublin 13

Actual yellow cards given to Dublin players: 5
O’Gara
O'Carroll (wrongly awarded in my view)
Daly (wrongly awarded in my view)
McManamon
Brennan

Should have been given a yellow card - Dublin: 4
Andrews - late and deliberate slap to the chest of Kevin McLoughlin
O’Gara (before his actual yellow card) – cynical pull down on Colm Boyle
Brogan – neck high tackle on Aidan O’Shea and knocking the ball out of the hand, stopping a quick free
Rock - cynical pull back on Aidan O’Shea

Actual yellow cards given to Mayo players:
Keegan
Boyle (wrongly awarded in my view)

No Mayo player wrongly escaped a yellow card.

Frees Mayo were wrongly awarded: 6 (3 of which resulted in points)

08:04 Paul Flynn fouls Donal Vaughan at kickout – borderline, not fully covered by camera. Free given. 4

08:22 Jonny Cooper fouls Andy Moran – incorrect decision. 5

23:55 Paddy Andrews penalised for push on Keith Higgins – free awarded, borderline decision, certainly softish. 12.

41:10: Moran is crowded out by three Dublin players. All tackles look fair, and Moran probably overplays the ball. Free incorrectly awarded, perhaps to make up for what had happened a few seconds earlier. 15. 

57:59: Rory O’Carroll gets a yellow card for a tackle on Enda Varley. This was a very marginal decision. On the live viewing it looked shoulder to shoulder, and it’s an honest attempt to tackle fairly, but O’Carroll does get very slightly above Varley’s shoulder and crashes into his head. Purely on a live viewing I would have called it as a wrong decision. But either decision would have been understandable. 21

65:57: Dean Rock fouls Colm Boyle. Free given, but looked soft and I would not have awarded it. 25.

Frees Dublin were wrongly awarded: 2 (0 of which resulted in points)

36:05: Andy Moran clearly fouled by Cian O’Sullivan and Rory O’Carroll – free incorrectly given to Dublin. 6. 

70:43: Donal Vaughan fouled by Darren Daly (I think) in a scoring area 25m out. Philly McMahon is fouled by Colm Boyle and free to Dublin is given.12. 

Frees Mayo should have been awarded: 9 (4 of which would have been point scoring oppurtunities)
03:08 – Paddy Andrews late slap to the chest on Kevin McLoughlin – foul and probable yellow card but not given

26: 20: Eoghan O'Gara pulls back Tom Cunniffe and gathers possession before setting up Maichael Darragh McAuley for a goal chance. Not spotted by McQuillan.

35:16: Cian O’Sullivan takes 11 steps – free to Mayo should have been given but wasn’t.

37:25 Bernard Brogan catches Keith Higgins around the neck in an attempt to tackle but a free is not given.

40: 46: James McCarthy leads with the elbow on Colm Boyle. Free not awarded. Probably not serious enough to warrant a yellow card, though. Advantage accrued to Mayo. 

41:07: Paul Flynn trips Andy Moran just outside the penalty area. No free given. 

47:00 Michael Conroy goes down under pressure from Jonny Cooper in a scoring area. Cooper and Rory O’Carroll both lay hands on his neck during the incident. Borderline free, but not given. 

70:43: Donal Vaughan fouled by Darren Daly (I think) in a scoring area 25m out. Philly McMahon is fouled by Colm Boyle and a free to Dublin is given.12. 

Frees Dublin should have been awarded: 3 (2 of which would have been point scoring oppurtunities)

15:47: Chris Barrett closed hand tackle on Ciaran Kilkenny – foul not awarded, incorrect decision, Dublin got the goal seconds later so McQuillan’s incorrect decision in this case ended up benefitting them. 

39:20: Chris Barrett leaves a boot in on Ciaran Kilkenny as he attempts to pick the ball up. Free should have been given but wasn’t.

69:51: Keith Higgins pulls Kevin McManamon’s jersey on the Cusack Stand side 35 metres out. Free not given.

Umpiring mistakes: 1 (which resulted in a point)

26:30 Dublin incorrectly awarded a 45 (which Stephen Cluxton pointed) when Michael Darragh McAuley’s shot was saved by Hennelly but rebounded off McAuley. Umpiring decision.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:39pm
Having looked back at it, the foul on Bernard Brogan by Ger Cafferkey at 56:08 was also very borderline and may well not have been a foul at all. Difficult to judge on just the one TV angle provided. 

That was a crucial score for Dublin.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 8:07am
jaysis waddel , that is some analysis , can i post it on another site ? will credit you of course .
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

jaysis waddel , that is some analysis , can i post it on another site ? will credit you of course .
I've already posted it on about four other sites myself Tongue

A couple of things about two of the incidents:

Having looked at this again multiple times, Moran actually dragged Rory O'Carroll down with him, and the decision was correct.

This is actually a bookable offence, under both Rule 5:14 and 5:20, but I don't think I've ever seen a player get a yellow card for doing it.

http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents...es/Playing_Rules_of_Football_100110233329.pdf

5.14 To pull down an opponent.

5.20 To attempt to achieve an advantage by 
feigning a foul or injury.

PENALTY FOR ABOVE FOUL -
(i) Caution offender; order off for second 
cautionable foul.
(ii) If play has been stopped for the foul, a 
free kick from where play was stopped, 
except as provided under Exceptions of 
Rule 2.2.

Moran had also attempted to feign a foul a few minutes earlier but McQuillan was wise to it again. Technically, both these incidents merited Moran getting a yellow card.

The foul on Bernard Brogan by Ger Cafferkey at 56:08 is another one I'm a bit dubious about. Brogan seemed to misjudge the bounce of the ball in to him, and while there appears to be some sort of a pushing movement by Cafferkey's arms it almost seems to be after the ball had gone. I'd put it in the debatable category. 

It just shows that even with TV replays it's still very, very difficult to call some incidents.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232>
  Share Topic