You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football Championship 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 232>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Dunno ringer, seems daft. A very simple solution to a very simple problem!

The season ticket is a great option totally agree but isn't their a maximum number of season tickets per county (could be wrong on that). As I said confident il get my ticket from the club as have always done and we as a family have done so as well even got 6 AI tickets from the club last year as well as the brothers 2 disabled ones. We all knew tickets were gonna be hard to get with it being in ballybofey. The bandwagon is out early this year
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I think I may have said this before but... Why don't all these sad, desperate and heartbreakingly disappointed people just get a season ticket?

I know what you saying mark but some people still like to get their tickets from their club myself included and some of these people will miss out.the main problem here in donegal is the rapid jump in club members last year we had roughly 7500 fully paid members this year it's around 20500. Personally I don't think tickets should be on general sale for this. My brothers pa just after telling me was two men in local supervalue today who bought 8 tickets each today. Can see a lot of touts floating about ballybofey on 26th may especially with the news that all other counties in ulster will get tickets for this game as well.

Nothing to do with Donegal winning the All-Ireland last year I'm sure!

Think I'll avail of the Parnell Pass this year. Never been let down for a ticket before but the stress/hassle leading up to an AI until you have the ticket in your hand isn't worth it - you can't even think about the match cause you're worried about ticket sources falling through. Plus they're gone to 120 for the Hill.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 11:38pm
Joe still his usual bitter self in relation to Dublin

I'm not saying that Dublin will win the AI this year but to say a team that will probably have  number of AI winners in it will wilt when the pressure comes on is laughable
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I'm not saying that Dublin will win the AI this year but to say a team that will probably have  number of AI winners in it will wilt when the pressure comes on is laughable

Brolly "You would have expected the Dubs to win by more, if they were really where they need to be. And they didn’t do that."

So if the team who wins the league aren't "really where they need to be" at this stage of the year, where does that leave the rest of the teams?

Never had time for Brolly anyway, don't know why so many people rate him as an analyst - he actually goes through my head.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Brolly "You would have expected the Dubs to win by more, if they were really where they need to be. And they didn’t do that."

So if the team who wins the league aren't "really where they need to be" at this stage of the year, where does that leave the rest of the teams?

Never had time for Brolly anyway, don't know why so many people rate him as an analyst - he actually goes through my head.

Sure if we had won by more he'd have probably come out with some bollocks along the line that Dublin weren't really tested etc.....
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tirchonaill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 3:03am
an open draw for the All Ireland......no handy back door for teams...was any All Ireland harder won than beating....Cavan, Derry, Tyrone, Down, Kerry, Cork and Mayo....honestly, no......its usually Kerry beat Waterford, Clare, Cork, Ulster and then a decider against dubs......put Kerry into ulster for temporary 2 years, see how they don't qualify,,
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 8:58am

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I think I may have said this before but... Why don't all these sad, desperate and heartbreakingly disappointed people just get a season ticket?

I know what you saying mark but some people still like to get their tickets from their club myself included and some of these people will miss out.the main problem here in donegal is the rapid jump in club members last year we had roughly 7500 fully paid members this year it's around 20500. Personally I don't think tickets should be on general sale for this. My brothers pa just after telling me was two men in local supervalue today who bought 8 tickets each today. Can see a lot of touts floating about ballybofey on 26th may especially with the news that all other counties in ulster will get tickets for this game as well.

Nothing to do with Donegal winning the All-Ireland last year I'm sure!

Think I'll avail of the Parnell Pass this year. Never been let down for a ticket before but the stress/hassle leading up to an AI until you have the ticket in your hand isn't worth it - you can't even think about the match cause you're worried about ticket sources falling through. Plus they're gone to 120 for the Hill.

Club membership jumped so much because everyone seen club members all got tickets for the AI last year which won't be the case this year if we were to make it. Never have had a worry about tickets until last year when we looked for the usual number of them (6+2disabled) and received all from the club. Due to other circumstances only need 3 tickets for Tyrone along with the brothers disabled passes and confident will get them.

Will be some atmosphere in ballybofey on the 26th can't wait for it now have a great week of sport that week   
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

an open draw for the All Ireland......no handy back door for teams...was any All Ireland harder won than beating....Cavan, Derry, Tyrone, Down, Kerry, Cork and Mayo....honestly, no......its usually Kerry beat Waterford, Clare, Cork, Ulster and then a decider against dubs......put Kerry into ulster for temporary 2 years, see how they don't qualify,,

Laois, Kildare, Wexford, Tyrone, Donegal and Kerry was just as tough a run if not more so as Kerry are a different prospect when they get to a final compared to Mayo who, despite having good footballers, haven't shown the mental edge to win a final yet.

And your point about Kerry going to Ulster doesn't really make sense. They often get knocked out of Munster and go through the back door. If they were knocked out of Ulster they'd go through the exact same system facing the exact same teams.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:12am

Laois, Kildare, Wexford, Tyrone, Donegal and Kerry was just as tough a run  

jaysis LOL how was that as tough a run , kildare do nothing in leinster , ever. wexford threw that final away as well, donegal had 4 games just to win their province , all handy teams too.

agree with all your other points though
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

jaysis LOL how was that as tough a run , kildare do nothing in leinster , ever. wexford threw that final away as well, donegal had 4 games just to win their province , all handy teams too.

Well he mentioned Cavan and Derry. What's so great about them? In 2011 Cavan were hammered by Longford in the first round qualifier and Derry were beaten easily by Kildare. In 2012 Kildare hammered Cavan and Longford beat Derry - this is Longford who never do anything in Leinster. People automatically assume that every team in Ulster is strong every year but that's not the case.

Kildare are still a good team and Donegal were lucky to beat them in the quarter finals two years ago.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:43am

Well he mentioned Cavan and Derry. What's so great about them? In 2011 Cavan were hammered by Longford in the first round qualifier and Derry were beaten easily by Kildare. In 2012 Kildare hammered Cavan and Longford beat Derry - this is Longford who never do anything in Leinster. People automatically assume that every team in Ulster is strong every year but that's not the case.

Kildare are still a good team and Donegal were lucky to beat them in the quarter finals two years ago.

ah take off the feckin blue glasses, massive difference , you actually said dublins coudl have been tougher LOLLOLLOL 

dublin had a great win that year and i have a feeling they will do it again this year but donegal had a very hard path to the final , easy enough final mind Cry 

tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tirchonaill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:43am

Laois, Kildare, Wexford, Tyrone, Donegal and Kerry was just as tough a run if not more so as Kerry are a different prospect when they get to a final compared to Mayo who, despite having good footballers, haven't shown the mental edge to win a final yet.

And your point about Kerry going to Ulster doesn't really make sense. They often get knocked out of Munster and go through the back door. If they were knocked out of Ulster they'd go through the exact same system facing the exact same teams.

Often get knocked out of Munster by one team only, Cork and that's usually  the final(which puts them in last 12 of All Ireland series) or semis of Munster....very very rare, they will have to take the long road in back door from defeat in provincial 1st round(as tyrone/Donegal, derry/down and galway/mayo will be doing this year) or a prem round....
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:57am

Often get knocked out of Munster by one team only, Cork and that's usually  the final(which puts them in last 12 of All Ireland series) or semis of Munster....very very rare, they will have to take the long road in back door from defeat in provincial 1st round(as tyrone/Donegal, derry/down and galway/mayo will be doing this year) or a prem round....

I'm sure Kerry have met Cork in their first match plenty of times - it's the luck of the draw. Tyrone and Donegal would fancy their chances against any of the other teams in Ulster but so would Kerry. If Tyrone or Donegal moved to Muster there's a good chance they'd play Cork or Kerry in their first or second game.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:01am

Kildare are still a good team.  

Sorry but I'm not having that!! People give out about the Dubs building themselves up every year when Kildare have taken this to a new level in recent years and have done nothing.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Sorry but I'm not having that!! People give out about the Dubs building themselves up every year when Kildare have taken this to a new level in recent years and have done nothing.

They have decent footballers, but I admit you wouldn't consider them All-Ireland contenders, a bit like Mayo Big smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

i actually think kildare are the victims here, the media build them up way too much , they have one excellent player and a fair few good players , i honestly cannot remember them beating anyone of note though since mcgeeny took over.

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:31am

Nonsense. We're sh*te every year!

*But somehow still better than GalwayBig smile

Edited by AntrimMan - 03 May 2013 at 10:32am
@AntrimMan85
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Nonsense. We're sh*te every year!

not true , ye were good there one year LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 232>
  Share Topic