You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 56>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:06am
Dubs Thumbs Down
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:14am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Dubs Thumbs Down
A few of them seemed to take the O'Byrne cup a bit too seriously anyway. What might be acceptable to them on the hill came across a lot worse in LongfordLOLLOLLOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:17pm
Imagine getting that worked up about a glorified friendly LOL

Should be ashamed of themselves.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Imagine getting that worked up about a glorified friendly LOL

Should be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah exactly. Five All-Irelands in a row and yet they're making a holy show of themselves at an O'Byrne Cup game...stay classy lads!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 3:42pm
Great win for the lyit in the sigurson against Sligo IT today. Great achievement for the team reaching a semi final in their first year in the competition and great for football in Donegal with 32 of the 35 man squad coming from the county
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Great win for the lyit in the sigurson against Sligo IT today. Great achievement for the team reaching a semi final in their first year in the competition and great for football in Donegal with 32 of the 35 man squad coming from the county
Been a long time since an Ulster team haven’t made the semis. Queens tanked by DCU and St Mary’s edged out by UCD

Edited by bogball88 - 19 Jan 2020 at 11:21pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:12am
Has Letterkenny left Ulster or something 
AKA pedantic kunt
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Has Letterkenny left Ulster or something 

My bad. Should have said one of the Belfast Universities LOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:09am
It's only January but we've already had a strong contender for worst match of the year - the All-Ireland club final y'day between Kilcoo & Corofin.

Absolutely turgid stuff at Croke Park - 7 points each going into extra time tells a story in itself (never mind the fact it took about 10 minutes for either side to open the scoring), before Corofin took over in the 1st period of extra time to win it. Dead

I just hope to God that's not going to be a sign of things to come during the year. Disapprove
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:47am
2 points all at half time wasn't it? There was a real lack of quality forward play on show. Several bad wides throughout the game, mostly by Kilcoo.

Corofin upped their game after half time and seemed to have the match won, going into a 0-7 to 0-4 lead with an extra man, but then for the last ten minutes or so they seemed to just stop attacking and were happy to keep the ball around midfield and the back line and try to see the game out. Scrappy ending with time wasting, dragging down and lots of fouls. Kilcoo's free to level the game late on must have been moved up about 25 yards from where the foul took place.

Once Corofin came out again in extra time and attacked them it was game over. Not sure why they didn't just do that from the off.

It was a game lacking in quality but the end of normal time was exciting.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:54am
Club football is on it's knees, the standard has gone way down over the last decade or so.

Most forwards can't kick a point nowadays, Gaelic has turned into a game of defence vs defence and just breaking quickly when you turn over possession by getting the ball to runners to draw fouls.

Far too many athletes in the mould of sprinters and not enough footballers nowadays.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Club football is on it's knees, the standard has gone way down over the last decade or so.

Most forwards can't kick a point nowadays, Gaelic has turned into a game of defence vs defence and just breaking quickly when you turn over possession by getting the ball to runners to draw fouls.

Far too many athletes in the mould of sprinters and not enough footballers nowadays.

Was hard to believe watching it at times that those were the best two teams in Ireland

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was hard to believe watching it at times that those were the best two teams in Ireland

The "professionalism" of Inter County has the game ruined unfortunately + rural clubs are dying out slowly and the refusal to link up with neighbouring parishes is hampering the local club scene no end.

My own club are gone back training in the gym since late November/early December, the club Championship in Laois doesn't start back until late July/early August Confused 

The enjoyment of playing with your club just isn't the same anymore, I remember starting out and training 2 nights a week and a game every weekend. 

That has now turned into training 3 nights a week now, drinking bans, no holidays allowed during the summer, gym is expected a few times a week etc it's a farce. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Been a long time since an Ulster team haven’t made the semis. Queens tanked by DCU and St Mary’s edged out by UCD

St Mary's robbed by the referee yesterday apparently.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:27pm

The "professionalism" of Inter County has the game ruined unfortunately + rural clubs are dying out slowly and the refusal to link up with neighbouring parishes is hampering the local club scene no end.

My own club are gone back training in the gym since late November/early December, the club Championship in Laois doesn't start back until late July/early August Confused 

The enjoyment of playing with your club just isn't the same anymore, I remember starting out and training 2 nights a week and a game every weekend. 

That has now turned into training 3 nights a week now, drinking bans, no holidays allowed during the summer, gym is expected a few times a week etc it's a farce. 

Yeah, its an incredible commitment for even Intermediate and Junior club footballers these days. 10 months a year dedicating 3 or 4 nights a week to it.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Jan 2020 at 12:27pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:46pm
There are f**k all drinking bans with clubs these days. A week before championship maybe but that's it. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:58pm

All this training and all these lads walking around with monster neds.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

There are f**k all drinking bans with clubs these days. A week before championship maybe but that's it. 

I saw a few Kilcoo players out on the drink a few days after Christmas, with their AI semi final 6 days later, so mustn't have been one there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 56>
  Share Topic