You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 56>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How many are they expecting to be allowed into these games? Any indication yet?

Ulster GAA talking to UK Stadium Safety Authority 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:40pm
Quick check and both Celtic Park and Brewster Park have floodlights, Casement too but we won't get into that. Monaghan and Donegal the only ones not to have lights but still very impressive versus other Provinces.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Quick check and both Celtic Park and Brewster Park have floodlights, Casement too but we won't get into that. Monaghan and Donegal the only ones not to have lights but still very impressive versus other Provinces.

Yup. Could be wrong but think Croke Park aside only Parnell Park, O'Moore  Park and Wexford Park (maybe?l) in Leinster have floodlights. Willing to be corrected

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Sep 2020 at 1:52pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:49pm
Muster: Cork (x2), Limerick, Thurles and Tralee.
Connaught: Salthill and Castlebar.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:52pm

Meant Leinster. Forgot to put it in the original post Embarrassed

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:54pm
Though that but was trying to think of other county grounds that have lights.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:57pm
Navan had floodlights for a few years IIRC but they had to  be taken down for safety reasons

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Sep 2020 at 1:57pm

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:09pm

I'm almost certain they haven't put up any lights in Salthill yet. Castlebar the only place with lights in Connacht as far as I'm aware. 

Most games played in Salthill in the summer are played into the teeth of a gale, what's it going to be like in November!
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I'm almost certain they haven't put up any lights in Salthill yet. Castlebar the only place with lights in Connacht as far as I'm aware. 

Most games played in Salthill in the summer are played into the teeth of a gale, what's it going to be like in November!

An International Rules game was played there under lights. We they temporary?

I'm shocked the Hyde and Tuam don't have lights given their stature as number 1 & 2 grounds in the province.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:25pm

MacCumhaill Park does have floodlights it is only Clones in Ulster.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

MacCumhaill Park does have floodlights it is only Clones in Ulster.

I stand corrected. I actually remember now watching some of the Donegal Mayo game on a Saturday night earlier this year.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:52pm

An International Rules game was played there under lights. We they temporary?

I'm shocked the Hyde and Tuam don't have lights given their stature as number 1 & 2 grounds in the province.

LOLLOL

Yeah they were only temporary. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 3:00pm

Funnily enough I've attended games in Salthill in November and December and it's been perfectly still and very nice weather wise

That Galway-Mayo game in June 2017 was ridiculous with the wind though

And every Galway-Roscommon game there in recent years has been played in pissing rain
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 3:20pm

Ballybofey has lights i think clones the only main county ground in ulster without them 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Ballybofey has lights i think clones the only main county ground in ulster without them 

Have you ever drank in the Snug in Stranarlor after a game?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 5:47pm

May be had a few "quiet" pints in it alright 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 12:43pm

May be had a few "quiet" pints in it alright 

went into it once myself, barely remember leaving.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 12:50pm
Was in it that before Tyrone Donegal super 8s 2018, grand spot for scoops, if you can put up with the Tyrone ones!

Edited by Sham157 - 18 Sep 2020 at 2:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 56>
  Share Topic