You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 60>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:47pm
Good crowd of Dubs up in Omagh this year for the Super 8's game and they were sound
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

It's a more than reasonable suggestion. Why are people so put out by it?

It would be entirely reasonable if it was the case that the neutral game involving Dublin wasn't in Croke Park unless the other team agreed but this isn't the case. How this wasn't foreseen last year I have no idea. My understanding is that the motion will call for no team to be allowed nominate Croke Park as it's home venue. 
Fairly sure it is the neutral game that Donegal want moved although it it not exactly clear as some media outlets are simply reporting that Donegal want one of Dublin’s super 8 games moved out of croke park. It certainly isn’t unreasonable for them to only one home game like everyone else. A lot of Dubs have a chip on their shoulder and can’t see the many advantages they have compared to other counties. I suppose they are only off the McGregor bandwagon and on the Dublin one.

Uncalled for and not true. Dublin bring big numbers to away games in the league. 

It’s not exactly untrue. Since 2011 the interest has risen significantly. There is a decent size core support but they have probably the largest of bandwagon support of any counties. I compared them to McGregor fans well because what other county do you see fans off there heads and smoking weed. 

Yeah nobody went to Dublin games before 2011..........
Where was that said? I said that interest has risen significantly. Never said that nobody went.

Hardly unique in Sport. 
Yes it happens often. Yas seem to have taken a lot of offence about the McGregor remark. The point being is that the bandwagon Dublin draws has a real scumbag element just like the McGregor bandwagon and even  like some of the fans that were at the Euros. Anyways the neutral game should be moved out of Croke Park and surely everyone thinks that is fair.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:57pm
That isn't what your lot are proposing 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Jan 2019 at 4:06pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:02pm

That isn't what your lot aren't proposing 

Exactly - This is the motion that was passed at the Donegal County Convention :

"Counties who qualify for the Football Inter County Quarter Final Group Stage shall not be permitted to nominate Croke Park as their Home Venue."
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

"Counties who qualify for the Football Inter County Quarter Final Group Stage shall not be permitted to nominate Croke Park as their Home Venue."
Have read about 5 articles on it now with all of them different. It would make more sense for the neutral game to be moved as RTE reported.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Have read about 5 articles on it now with all of them different. It would make more sense for the neutral game to be moved as RTE reported.

The quote of the motion comes from the RTE report. 

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:09pm
Personally agree that no team should have 2 games in croke park in the super 8s but as usual our county board has made a balls of this as it should be the neutral game they bring the motion for and not the home game 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:52pm
Bringing back fond memories of the trip to cork all those years ago for the semi final replay.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Bringing back fond memories of the trip to cork all those years ago for the semi final replay.

Barney Rock Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm

It would be entirely reasonable if it was the case that the neutral game involving Dublin wasn't in Croke Park unless the other team agreed but this isn't the case. How this wasn't foreseen last year I have no idea. My understanding is that the motion will call for no team to be allowed nominate Croke Park as it's home venue. 
Fairly sure it is the neutral game that Donegal want moved although it it not exactly clear as some media outlets are simply reporting that Donegal want one of Dublin’s super 8 games moved out of croke park. It certainly isn’t unreasonable for them to only one home game like everyone else. A lot of Dubs have a chip on their shoulder and can’t see the many advantages they have compared to other counties. I suppose they are only off the McGregor bandwagon and on the Dublin one.

Uncalled for and not true. Dublin bring big numbers to away games in the league. 

It’s not exactly untrue. Since 2011 the interest has risen significantly. There is a decent size core support but they have probably the largest of bandwagon support of any counties. I compared them to McGregor fans well because what other county do you see fans off there heads and smoking weed. 
After the way you's played that semi-final against Dublin in 2011 it's amazing more people came to watch that rubbish 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 17 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:28pm
Get back to the main point, is it McCaffrey in the video or not?
Personally I think it is

Some boy
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:48pm

Yeah nobody went to Dublin games before 2011..........
Where was that said? I said that interest has risen significantly. Never said that nobody went.
attendance at Dublin games is significantly down since 2011. Leinster championship games against kildare or meath that would almost fill Croker struggle to attract 50,000. Sue look at the Galway semi final last year. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Get back to the main point, is it McCaffrey in the video or not?
Personally I think it is

Some boy
Looks a lot like him alright. Not much mention of it on social media 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:41pm
15 euro pre purchase for league, 20 euro match day. Robbing bastards! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:55pm

Season Ticket the way to go if it suits you
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:00am
Have a ST but it has been sold out in Mayo for years. Capped at 3500 I think.

Mental money for league games in fairness 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:12am
Yeh €15 is enough for this time of the year. Is that for all divisions?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:33am

Where you see them prices it mad to increase it was €12 pre purchase and €15 on the day last year that was more than enough for charge imo

Edited by ringerbell - 18 Jan 2019 at 12:33am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 60>
  Share Topic