You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 60>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:39pm
So why have Donegal made this motion? Say Dublin nominate Parnell Park as their home ground. The outcome of that is that less people from Dublin and the other county involved will be able to go to the game and Dublin will still essentially have two home games anyway, albeit using two different grounds. 

If this passes I really hope Dublin nominate Parnell Park to show how ridiculous this is. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

So why have Donegal made this motion? Say Dublin nominate Parnell Park as their home ground. The outcome of that is that less people from Dublin and the other county involved will be able to go to the game and Dublin will still essentially have two home games anyway, albeit using two different grounds. 

If this passes I really hope Dublin nominate Parnell Park to show how ridiculous this is. 

As I said in my previous post, the Donegal County board do not have an impressive record in this area 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:44pm
The motion is to have no neutral Last 8 game in CP. Nothing to do with the "home" or "away" games
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:44pm

Unless its Donegal we play in which case as I said already we should nominate Pairc ui Chaoimh. See if they'll be happy with that Thumbs Up 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:47pm
It's a more than reasonable suggestion. Why are people so put out by it?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:51pm
Is it not the neutral venue the issue is with?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

The motion is to have no neutral Last 8 game in CP. Nothing to do with the "home" or "away" games

No, that's not the motion that was supposedly passed by the Donegal County Board. The motion passed states that no county can nominate Croke Park as a home ground in the Super 8's. 

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:07pm

It would be entirely reasonable if it was the case that the neutral game involving Dublin wasn't in Croke Park unless the other team agreed but this isn't the case. How this wasn't foreseen last year I have no idea. My understanding is that the motion will call for no team to be allowed nominate Croke Park as it's home venue. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:19pm

It would be entirely reasonable if it was the case that the neutral game involving Dublin wasn't in Croke Park unless the other team agreed but this isn't the case. How this wasn't foreseen last year I have no idea. My understanding is that the motion will call for no team to be allowed nominate Croke Park as it's home venue. 
Fairly sure it is the neutral game that Donegal want moved although it it not exactly clear as some media outlets are simply reporting that Donegal want one of Dublin’s super 8 games moved out of croke park. It certainly isn’t unreasonable for them to only one home game like everyone else. A lot of Dubs have a chip on their shoulder and can’t see the many advantages they have compared to other counties. I suppose they are only off the McGregor bandwagon and on the Dublin one.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Fairly sure it is the neutral game that Donegal want moved although it it not exactly clear as some media outlets are simply reporting that Donegal want one of Dublin’s super 8 games moved out of croke park. It certainly isn’t unreasonable for them to only one home game like everyone else. A lot of Dubs have a chip on their shoulder and can’t see the many advantages they have compared to other counties. I suppose they are only off the McGregor bandwagon and on the Dublin one.

Uncalled for and not true. Dublin bring big numbers to away games in the league. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:23pm

Such bitterness LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:32pm

Uncalled for and not true. Dublin bring big numbers to away games in the league. 

It’s not exactly untrue. Since 2011 the interest has risen significantly. There is a decent size core support but they have probably the largest of bandwagon support of any counties. I compared them to McGregor fans well because what other county do you see fans off there heads and smoking weed. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:35pm
Dopeygalman outdoing the stereo typical culchie type 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Dopeygalman outdoing the stereo typical culchie type 

Haha could be worse could be a junkie on hill 16 shouting for Dermo even though he was in Boston for the summerLOLLOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:42pm

It’s not exactly untrue. Since 2011 the interest has risen significantly. There is a decent size core support but they have probably the largest of bandwagon support of any counties. I compared them to McGregor fans well because what other county do you see fans off there heads and smoking weed. 

Yeah nobody went to Dublin games before 2011..........

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Where was that said? I said that interest has risen significantly. Never said that nobody went.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:44pm
Put your banjo down and get off the porch ffs
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Where was that said? I said that interest has risen significantly. Never said that nobody went.

Hardly unique in Sport. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 60>
  Share Topic