You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 60>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Shocking crowd there for Tyrone Cork game. Surely next year the neutral games will no longer be played at Croke Park

Agreed but just wondering what neutral venues would have worked for  games over the weeken
AKA pedantic kunt
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Tickets already sold out for Castlebar. Should be a great occasion 
No they aren't. Still on tickets.ie
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:51pm
There was a double header in the Leinster Championship in Portlaoise with both Meath and Dublin playing and it wasn't a full house.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Ewan MacKenna after the Dubs again. Confused
How does he get so much publicity? Am I right in thinking he's a journalist? How do his comments get so much airtime?
Hes hilarious.  The dubs I play with be spitting feathers every Monday😂
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:56pm
He’s deadly serious, I think.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:01pm
Logistically, Croke Park was the best venue for Donegal v Kerry and Tyrone v Cork if they're using travel distance as a factor. The other two could probably have been moved elsewhere but with Mayo's big support finding a suitable venue would be an issue.

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Logistically, Croke Park was the best venue for Donegal v Kerry and Tyrone v Cork if they're using travel distance as a factor. The other two could probably have been moved elsewhere but with Mayo's big support finding a suitable venue would be an issue.

I agree.  Its easy to say neutral veenues should be used that are not croke park but when you look into the detail its not as simple.  
AKA pedantic kunt
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:28pm

There was a double header in the Leinster Championship in Portlaoise with both Meath and Dublin playing and it wasn't a full house.
That fixture made no sense. Every team in Leinster should have a home/away agreement and Croker not available until the final. So Dublin vs Louth should have been in parnell or Drogheda. Louth might have nominated navan as they often do. Carlow vs meath should have been in carlow or navan. The fixtures would have a higher attendance if done like this. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Tickets already sold out for Castlebar. Should be a great occasion 
No they aren't. Still on tickets.ie

Weird. They were nowhere to be found all morning. Even super valu and centra all gone. Back live agian now. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I agree.  Its easy to say neutral veenues should be used that are not croke park but when you look into the detail its not as simple.  

Of course it's simple. DI posted up options on the last page as to where these games could have been held. The best atmospheres at GAA games I've ever experienced were outside Croke Park. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:50pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Of course it's simple. DI posted up options on the last page as to where these games could have been held. The best atmospheres at GAA games I've ever experienced were outside Croke Park. 

Agreed. Tyrone v Dublin last year in Healy Park and Donegal v Tyrone in Ballybofey in the Super 8s for me
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:57pm
The first Kerry - Dublin game in Semple in 2001 was unforgettable.

I’d have no problem with Dublin playing on the road at all time.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:23pm
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i-never-said-i-was-perfect-cork-camogie-player-ashling-thompson-on-learning-lessons-and-moving-on-38317206.html

This one assaulted two people in the one night for no apparent reasons, is lucky she did not get jail imo and is now trying to put it across thru the media that she was the victim somehow.....Confused
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:58pm

That was a great day! i Remember loads of people getting lost on the way and then the Dublin team bus coming up through the square in Thurles.Vinny Murphy coming onto the field in his usual way then scoring a great goal, Tommy Carr on the field aswell, Dessie Farrell hitting the crossbar while standing on the goal line.Dublin had two late frees to win the first day and there'd have been no mention of the Maurice Fitz point but it wasn't to be but still a brilliant time.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Jul 2019 at 3:58pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

That was a great day! i Remember loads of people getting lost on the way and then the Dublin team bus coming up through the square in Thurles.Vinny Murphy coming onto the field in his usual way then scoring a great goal, Tommy Carr on the field aswell, Dessie Farrell hitting the crossbar while standing on the goal line.Dublin had two late frees to win the first day and there'd have been no mention of the Maurice Fitz point but it wasn't to be but still a brilliant time.

Wayne McCarthy. Charlie’s protege. Did he ever play for Dublin in the future?

My Dad is well versed in getting down there for Munster Hurling finals, so with sandwiches, snack bars and flasks of tea we select Dublin at 8:30am. Got lunch in the town and walked down to the stadium. IIRC the curtain raiser was hurling. I will admit, I enjoyed the second week too, but the first week will never be forgotten!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:19pm

My Dad is well versed in getting down there for Munster Hurling finals, so with sandwiches, snack bars and flasks of tea we select Dublin at 8:30am. Got lunch in the town and walked down to the stadium. IIRC the curtain raiser was hurling. I will admit, I enjoyed the second week too, but the first week will never be forgotten!
We were the same well use to going to Thurles for Hurling games so we were on the road early to get through all those towns that would be bad before the motorway obviously came. Not really sure what happened to Wayne McCarthy i know the following year Ray Cosgrove was on the frees. Stephen Cluxton was on the bench that day for Dublin just shows how long he's around now

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Jul 2019 at 4:19pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:23pm

We were the same well use to going to Thurles for Hurling games so we were on the road early to get through all those towns that would be bad before the motorway obviously came. Not really sure what happened to Wayne McCarthy i know the following year Ray Cosgrove was on the frees. Stephen Cluxton was on the bench that day for Dublin just shows how long he's around now

Played for Dublin over 40s against Tyrone few weeks ago. Still handy
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Played for Dublin over 40s against Tyrone few weeks ago. Still handy
Great player alright very unlucky with that late free against Armagh in 2002

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 60>
  Share Topic