You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 78>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA Football 2017
    Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 6:45pm
Mayo for Sam?

Congratulations to Mayo.

All Ireland champions....

Edited by eire77 - 01 Oct 2016 at 6:46pm
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 6:49pm
The Mayo players were not brave enough to win. They passed the buck whenever they got into the final 3rd by passing it to somebody else to shoot.

The guy at end choked with the wide free kick.

I don't know why the players were crying at the end. They didn't deserve it due to their own mental weaknesses.

The Dublin team are vermin.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 01 Oct 2016 at 6:49pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 6:49pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 3:13pm
Michael Lundy back for Galway in 2017
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:16am
All 3 Kildare selectors gone for 2017
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:32am
Be interesting to see the retirements from Dublin. Bastick a dead cert. Expect Clucko to go too
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Be interesting to see the retirements from Dublin. Bastick a dead cert. Expect Clucko to go too
The carrot of 3 in a row will likely prevent any retirements, bar maybe Bastick. 

Don't see Cluxton going at all.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

In fact, I would say the pool of players is liable to swell, as opposed to contract. O'Carroll and McCaffrey are likely to be back in contention, which will in turn open up huge competition with Cooper and Small. If it continues, the development of Cormac Costello will also provide important back-up, whether he is in the starting line-up or sprung from the bench.

The only area that I would be slightly concerned about is if Bastick goes, there will need to be a slight re-calibration in order to beef up the midfield. However, Both O'Sullivan and Flynn can play there, the former's return to midfield would allow Cooper to return to Centre-Half. Perhaps Shane Carthy will make the step-up next year, or Emmett O'Conghaile?

A full panel, with a re-newed vigour, will render this Dublin team exceptionally hard to beat.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 1:23pm
It's Leinster v Ulster and Connacht v Munster in the semi-finals next year so Dublin v whoever wins between Mayo and Kerry, baring a massive shock in the provincials. I can see a repeat of this years final. Mayo have waited 65 years, one more isn't going to kill them at this stage.

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 1:26pm
2017 All Ireland Football:

Dubs v Tyrone & Mayo v Kerry will be the semis

Dublin v Kerry Final.

Dublin win again.

Anything other than the above scenario will be a shock.
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

2017 All Ireland Football:

Dubs v Tyrone & Mayo v Kerry will be the semis

Dublin v Kerry Final.

Dublin win again.

Anything other than the above scenario will be a shock.

Mayo beating Kerry will be a shock?

Hell Mayo beating Dublin will be a shock? What with replays having to separate them this year and last year and one kick of a football between the two sides this year after nearly 160 minutes of football?
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 3:37pm
Mayo are more than capable of beating Kerry. I think a lot of people are looking too much into a Stephen Cluxton inspired crazy 10-15 minutes for Kerry in the semi-final.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 3:38pm
I think Dublin will actually be galvanised by this season. It took some pretty impressive resilience to win this year's title, and it will stand Dublin in good stead for next season. I think at the initial stage it is fair to say that Dublin retaining the title is the only real position one can take with serious strength.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 3:40pm
What I actually meant as a shock would be if they werent the 4 in the semis

Rest of it is just how I see it going
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 3:55pm
Fair enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:45pm
Carlow or Wexford up first for Dublin

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:45pm
Dublin Meath final I reckon

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:18pm
I can see Sligo being beaten in New York.
Be some crack if NY have to come to Ireland.
The majority of the panel don't have visas.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 78>
  Share Topic