You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 163>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:22pm
How did he get the nickname.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Spoke to clucko last night and told him he was very average in 2 of the last 3 games, he agreed but he will not be stepping aside but will be ready to fight for his spot if management see fit to go that way Clap

LOL

I would agree with that but was there really a need to say it to him when he is out on the beer enjoying winning an All Ireland?

I haven't seen an awful lot of Dublin's second string keeper but I reckon Clukton needs to seriously up his game next year. Kerry actually did a good job of pushing up on his kick outs and he made quite a lot of mistakes. He made quite a few mistakes against Mayo. His free taking has gone backwards too. 2011 and 2012 he could hardly miss, now he can barely make a free
Ah he is a family friend wallsy would not say it otherwise, believe it or not he is a funny guy when around friends and family, some funny stories from the goblet pub and Parnells last night but will leave them for now LOL
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why do people from every county believe Sam is "coming home to them", surely if it has a home anywhere it is in Kerry

Omagh town. Home. 2016.

Let's get the bandwagon in full flow now, as for Mayo.. Mayo won't beat us next season, i can't see anyone beating us in the championship another year under Mickey and his guidance with the young fellas sure only one way we can go, Mayos day has come and gone. Just like Monaghans and Donegal.. Donegal were great in 2012 we're preparing for 2016 and Monaghan fans need to get back to reality with everything based around Conor McManus

Dublin and Kerry will be our tests next year, fairly confident baring injuries we could do Kerry.. And doing Sam back to back is nearly impossible.

The scum of Ulster

Got to love your optimism haven't appeared in a provincial final since 2010 yet going to win the all Ireland next year.

It's hard to know where we will be next year and will all depend on what young players are brought into the squad and also on how Gallagher uses the older players. I still think several of the players that are touted as possible retirements could do a job for us especially in the role of impact subs etc.

For all the hype you are making about Tyrone I wouldn't mind getting them in the 1st round of Ulster next year.
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:42pm
Don't feed the troll Ringer.

As usual Ulster is hard to call but I do believe that Tyrone have shown enough this year that they could be top dogs in Ulster. I still think Dublin, Mayo and Kerry are a good bit ahead of them and I reckon Donegal would have a better chance of beating one of those three in a one off game than Tyrone, as things stand at the moment. 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:43pm

Spoke to clucko last night and told him he was very average in 2 of the last 3 games, he agreed but he will not be stepping aside but will be ready to fight for his spot if management see fit to go that way Clap

LOL

I would agree with that but was there really a need to say it to him when he is out on the beer enjoying winning an All Ireland?

I haven't seen an awful lot of Dublin's second string keeper but I reckon Clukton needs to seriously up his game next year. Kerry actually did a good job of pushing up on his kick outs and he made quite a lot of mistakes. He made quite a few mistakes against Mayo. His free taking has gone backwards too. 2011 and 2012 he could hardly miss, now he can barely make a free
Ah he is a family friend wallsy would not say it otherwise, believe it or not he is a funny guy when around friends and family, some funny stories from the goblet pub and Parnells last night but will leave them for now LOL

Thumbs Up

Two of the lads from home used to play with Parnells and would know him and would say the same thing
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Right now, after seeing Dublin beat Kerry after playing well within themselves, it is hard to see anyone beat them. I assume they have a better keeper there, Cluxton is the weak link

He'll get an All Star, he's also Capfain.... His kick outs Are the best in the country, sh*t stopping goes to Morgan. No way Dublin will drop Cluxton

I thought that was the defender.

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:49pm
All is not well in Mayo. If things are not sorted, and sorted soon, then relegation could be on the cards, followed by giving up our Connacht title. Such a f**king mess.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:53pm
I hear ya Mark and it's easier said than done but the players should be able to maintain focus from any off field distractions
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:59pm

Don't feed the troll Ringer.

As usual Ulster is hard to call but I do believe that Tyrone have shown enough this year that they could be top dogs in Ulster. I still think Dublin, Mayo and Kerry are a good bit ahead of them and I reckon Donegal would have a better chance of beating one of those three in a one off game than Tyrone, as things stand at the moment. 

I think if we bring the right players into the squad next year we be good enough to win ulster again. I be honest don't buy into the hype around tyrone they beat 1 team from division 1 on their run to the semi final this year.

Alot of people will automatically right off donegal after this year (not necessarily you walls) but I know we have the players in the county that can come in and improve the team and it's a matter of Rory Gallagher being willing to leave club loyalties aside and have the best players in the squad and starting 15 and as I said still believe the older players can play a roll as impact squads etc
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:05pm
Not as simple as that wallsy. Runs way deeper. Problems that need solving and fast. Otherwise forget it.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:34pm

Why do people from every county believe Sam is "coming home to them", surely if it has a home anywhere it is in Kerry
Cork and London are the only two places where Sam can "come home". 

Unlikely it'll be returning home in the near future. One team of complete no hopers, and London. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

All is not well in Mayo. If things are not sorted, and sorted soon, then relegation could be on the cards, followed by giving up our Connacht title. Such a f**king mess.
When you say sorted, I presume you mean Holmes and Connelly going?

That appears very unlikely. Mayo are just going to have to get on with it with the current management.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Cork and London are the only two places where Sam can "come home". 

Unlikely it'll be returning home in the near future. One team of complete no hopers, and London. 

Sid 👏
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:38pm
Speaking of London, London away next years kicks off our Championship, looking forward to heading over for that Clap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:39pm

Speaking of London, London away next years kicks off our Championship, looking forward to heading over for that Clap

Tough opener for Mayo

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Sep 2015 at 3:40pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:42pm
Well the last time we went there we required extra time back in 2011, as some of the lads constantly remind me AngryLOL
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:46pm
I think Tyrone will take Ulster next year, kerry again in munster and no surprise with Dublin taking Leinster.
I expect connaught to be the most competitive next year. Galway are another year along under Walsh and he has certainly improved all be it from a very low base. I'd imagine roscommon are still sick after this year so there has to be more to come from them. All that coupled with surely a drop in mayo. After the last few years of all ireland semi finals and finals and bags of connaught titles. I think if Galway and roscommon want a provincial title it's there for them.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I think Tyrone will take Ulster next year, kerry again in munster and no surprise with Dublin taking Leinster.
I expect connaught to be the most competitive next year. Galway are another year along under Walsh and he has certainly improved all be it from a very low base. I'd imagine roscommon are still sick after this year so there has to be more to come from them. All that coupled with surely a drop in mayo. After the last few years of all ireland semi finals and finals and bags of connaught titles. I think if Galway and roscommon want a provincial title it's there for them.

Every single word of that was uttered this year by people, particularly about Roscommon. It was said in 2014 too. What is going to make next year different to this year, especially seeing as both Galway and Roscommon will have to come to Castlebar if they play Mayo?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 163>
  Share Topic