You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 163>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Jessica Rabbit Jessica Rabbit wrote:

Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Originally posted by Jessica Rabbit Jessica Rabbit wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Mayo for Sam?

Would you not give them a chance or are you just being sarcastic?

You seem to have zero sense of humour if your posts are anything to go by. Completely devoid of it

I found your private message funny Embarrassed
LOL bit of sniffing going on?
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

A lot to happen here before 2016 kick off. Jessica, if we get our sh*t together, we certainly have the talent and ability to get over the line. But we need to get everything in the background spot on

Mayo folk - saying the same line since 1951, if Carlsberg did chokers... Tongue
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:31pm
An awful lot can change between now and when the Championship starts but for what it's worth at this stage, here is my predictions for the provincial titles.

Ulster - Tyrone
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Kerry
Connacht - Mayo

Same story as last year except for Tyrone in Ulster.

Id fancy us to make to the Final next year. Providing Dublin and Kerry win their provincial titles, they will be scheduled to face off in the semis. We would be on Ulster side of the draw and I reckon we have more than enough to get passed Tyrone/Donegal/Monaghan or whoever comes through that quarter final. 

As I say, this would only be very tentative predictions as an awful lot can change between now and the start of the Championship
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:38pm
Do you reckon you will loose any of your players to retirement wallsy ?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:42pm
Its hard to know. Alan Dillon and Andy Moran would be the obvious two. Dillon was only a bit part player this year. He has been one of my favourite players over the years but if he isn't going to get much of a look in he may not stick around. I really hope Andy Moran sticks around. I think he still has a huge amount to offer, even if that is being an impact sub.

The only other one would be Keith Higgins but I would be very, very suprised if he called it a day.

They would be the only three that I could think of. We have a good age profile overall
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:46pm
Under the A/B system, the quarter-finals next year should work out as follows (assuming the Munster final will be on July 3rd, the Connacht final on July 10th and the Leinster and Ulster finals on July 17th):

Connacht champions v Munster runners up (or the team that beats them in qualifier Round 4)
Munster champions v Connacht runners up

Ulster champions v Leinster runners up
Leinster champions v Ulster runners up

Semi-finals:
Connacht v Ulster
Leinster v Munster

A Mayo-Cork quarter-final looks a distinct possibility, as does Dublin v Donegal/Monaghan/Tyrone. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:46pm
Why do people from every county believe Sam is "coming home to them", surely if it has a home anywhere it is in Kerry
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:48pm
Well because it is home to them and Sam is going home with them I suppose
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:48pm
You should be there about's again next year, it's bound to go right at the vital stage sooner rather than later with that squad of players, you will be a bigger threat than Kerry anyway.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Well because it is home to them and Sam is going home with them I suppose

It implies belonging, "back home", "coming home" etc.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why do people from every county believe Sam is "coming home to them", surely if it has a home anywhere it is in Kerry

Omagh town. Home. 2016.

Let's get the bandwagon in full flow now, as for Mayo.. Mayo won't beat us next season, i can't see anyone beating us in the championship another year under Mickey and his guidance with the young fellas sure only one way we can go, Mayos day has come and gone. Just like Monaghans and Donegal.. Donegal were great in 2012 we're preparing for 2016 and Monaghan fans need to get back to reality with everything based around Conor McManus

Dublin and Kerry will be our tests next year, fairly confident baring injuries we could do Kerry.. And doing Sam back to back is nearly impossible.

The scum of Ulster
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

You should be there about's again next year, it's bound to go right at the vital stage sooner rather than later with that squad of players, you will be a bigger threat than Kerry anyway.

Yeah Id put us ahead of Kerry. Now that could quite easily be my Mayo blinkers on clouding my judgement but Id put the top three in order as being Dublin, Mayo, Kerry and those three being a decent bit ahead of the rest. 

Again though, an awful lot can change between now and next year

Edited by the_walls - 22 Sep 2015 at 1:55pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:55pm
Mayo get far too much respect, we near feel sorry for their lack of winning mentality.

Their defence creaks, an over reliance on O'Shea no doubt they've some cracking players but their lack lusture in defence, their midfield doesn't have much in terms of legs. Good half forward line and a good full forward line but is it better then Kerry's? No
Is there defence better then Kerry's.. No

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:58pm
Right now, after seeing Dublin beat Kerry after playing well within themselves, it is hard to see anyone beat them. I assume they have a better keeper there, Cluxton is the weak link
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Right now, after seeing Dublin beat Kerry after playing well within themselves, it is hard to see anyone beat them. I assume they have a better keeper there, Cluxton is the weak link

He'll get an All Star, he's also Capfain.... His kick outs Are the best in the country, sh*t stopping goes to Morgan. No way Dublin will drop Cluxton
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:06pm
Spoke to clucko last night and told him he was very average in 2 of the last 3 games, he agreed but he will not be stepping aside but will be ready to fight for his spot if management see fit to go that way Clap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:17pm

Spoke to clucko last night and told him he was very average in 2 of the last 3 games, he agreed but he will not be stepping aside but will be ready to fight for his spot if management see fit to go that way Clap

LOL

I would agree with that but was there really a need to say it to him when he is out on the beer enjoying winning an All Ireland?

I haven't seen an awful lot of Dublin's second string keeper but I reckon Clukton needs to seriously up his game next year. Kerry actually did a good job of pushing up on his kick outs and he made quite a lot of mistakes. He made quite a few mistakes against Mayo. His free taking has gone backwards too. 2011 and 2012 he could hardly miss, now he can barely make a free

Edited by the_walls - 22 Sep 2015 at 2:22pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:21pm

Clucko
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 163>
  Share Topic