You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 11:25pm
Mitchels Cross in February
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 2:50am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I think i would have preferred Scotstown but we'll give Croossmaglen a good go.

I wonder where this will be played? Sligo or Clones I reckon.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:01am
Bad news for Galway, Peader Og O Griofa has ruptured his cruciate knee ligament again I will probably miss all of the 2016 campaign.

Johnny Duane and Michael Lundy are moving to the States and probably won't be back for the Sumer.

Hopefully we find a few players in the league before we face London in the Connacht semi final.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 10:42am
Old Moores Almanac for 2016 says Mayo will win the All Ireland!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:27am
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I think i would have preferred Scotstown but we'll give Croossmaglen a good go.

I wonder where this will be played? Sligo or Clones I reckon.
Mullingar I'd say. Neutral province. St. Brigid's played Crossmaglen there in 2013. 

Crossmaglen made 11 substitutions yesterday to Scotstown's 3. Along with the sending off of Kieran Hughes, it undoubtedly decided the match in their favour. Scotstown really should have won. 

This was annoying me last night so I had a look at the rulebook. 

You can make as many changes to a team as you like in the break between normal time and extra-time and not have them counted as actual substitutions. This is a farce of a rule and favours strong panels hugely. An increasing complaint in the GAA is that all the advantages are loaded in favour of those with greater resources. That'll always be true anyway but we could do without the actual rules favouring those with stronger resources too.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:38am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

You can make as many changes to a team as you like in the break between normal time and extra-time and not have them counted as actual substitutions.

That does seem absurd in fairness.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

You can make as many changes to a team as you like in the break between normal time and extra-time and not have them counted as actual substitutions.

That does seem absurd in fairness.
In an inter-county football match the maximum number you can have on an official matchday panel is 26, in club football it's 24, as far as I'm aware. 

Since the introduction of the black card at the start of 2014 a team can make six substitutions (including black cards) in normal time. 

If a match goes to extra-time, a team is permitted a further three during the extra-time.

But in the break between normal time and extra-time, you can make as many substutions as you want and not have them counted as substitutions. 

With a maximum panel of 26, that means anything up to 11 substitutions are permitted during the normal time/extra-time break in inter-county football, 9 in club football where the maximum panel is 24. 

Overall, that's 20 permitted substitutions in an inter-county football match that goes to extra-time and 18 in club football. 

For the equivalent hurling matches it's 19 and 17 respectively, given that one less substitution is allowed due to the black card not being in operation. 

All this does not include blood substitutions, by the way. 

Edited by sid waddell - 30 Nov 2015 at 12:12pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 12:34pm

You can make as many changes to a team as you like in the break between normal time and extra-time and not have them counted as actual substitutions. This is a farce of a rule and favours strong panels hugely. An increasing complaint in the GAA is that all the advantages are loaded in favour of those with greater resources. That'll always be true anyway but we could do without the actual rules favouring those with stronger resources too.
Yeah never understood that rule. The GAA counts extra time as a new game so if you've had a player sent off you get back to 15 for extra time.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah never understood that rule. The GAA counts extra time as a new game so if you've had a player sent off you get back to 15 for extra time.
But let's say a team gets the maximum three black cards in normal time with resulting substitutions. 
In that case, in extra-time, the players who have been black carded cannot come back on. 

And also in that case, a team is allowed no further black cards in extra-time (ie, if another player is black carded in extra time he can't be replaced).

Also, yellow cards now do not carry forward to extra-time, ie., James Morgan got a yellow card in normal time yesterday, and two further yellow cards in extra-time, which only counted as a red on his third yellow.

But that does not apply to a player who gets two yellow cards in normal time. He is not allowed back on for extra-time.  If extra-time is a "new game", a player who gets two yellow cards in normal time should be allowed back for extra-time - you don't get any match suspension for two yellows in the same match (as long as you don't get two within a year, I think). 

A straight red card carries a match suspension penalty and thus the player should not be, and is not, allowed back for extra-time*.

*Unless he can convene a disciplinary hearing with the CAC, then if necessary, the CHC and/or the DRA, and get his suspension overturned, all during the five minute break between normal-time and extra-time.

Edited by sid waddell - 30 Nov 2015 at 12:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226
  Share Topic