You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Dev Dev wrote:

Where do dingle come in to this panteira? what is the system in kerry it seems very complicated?
We have a club championship and a county championship. County championship involves divisional sides as well as clubs. In a case where a divisional side like South kerry might win the county championship instead of a club , then they cant represent Kerry in Munster so the winners of the club championship used to get that privilege instead. Dingle beat Crokes in the club championship final so if Legion were beat by South Kerry yesterday , Dingle would get the nod. Since a Kerry team are due to play Nemo Rangers next Sunday the KCB have put Legion to play them even though they haven't won any county final. The county final wont be played until 22nd of November now. Not complicated at all really if the ref didn't try his best to help out Legion yesterday.  
Dev View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 12:48am
So which is THE one to win in kerry then? Are both comps treated as serious as the other? Dingle def can feel pissed off so. Would they have been training away in preperation for next wkend?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 9:52pm
County championship is the biggest but only the top clubs compete in it with the divisional sides. Dingle would have being hoping for South Kerry victory last Sunday as they would have being playing Nemo on Sunday instead. The rule by the KCB which has seen Legion get the nod is if the county championship is not finished by the time Munster Senior games commence , the last standing team in the county championship will represent Kerry instead of the club championship winners. Im only guessing if its 2 club sides in the county final then the club final winners will go on. Id say they make it up as they go along
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 10:28pm
Can I just speak on behalf of the rest of Ireland and say ' Would yis ever f**k off and do it normally like the rest of us '

Conversly , ye have f**k knows how many all Irelands and we have none so...representing Antrim .....GUESS!
@AntrimMan85
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Can I just speak on behalf of the rest of Ireland and say ' Would yis ever f**k off and do it normally like the rest of us '

Conversly , ye have f**k knows how many all Irelands and we have none so...representing Antrim .....GUESS!

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 6:09pm
What a win today, a huge performance on a very heavy pitch. A great football team. 2 Connacht Championships in 3 years. 3 out of 3 for Mayo in Connacht Snr, Intmdt, Jnr

Bookies got it unbelievably wrong, 3/1 for Mitchels to win today, easy, easy money
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 6:50pm
Was at the game in Tuam as well today.

I knew Corofin were favourites but i did'nt know by that much.Bookies got that very wrong,if you compare player for player Castlebar have more big names.

Thats was my first time in Tuam stadium in about 15 years.The place is falling down but has a nice charm to it.There are holes in the roof in the stand,the was a great atmosphere though.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 7:42pm
Why was it on Tuam, I know the hurling was on in Pearse but could they not have had the 2 games there?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 9:29pm
South Kerry beat Legion today in the county final.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

South Kerry beat Legion today in the county final.

Good luck to Dr Crokes in the Munster championship Wink
@AntrimMan85
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:30pm
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Was at the game in Tuam as well today.

I knew Corofin were favourites but i did'nt know by that much.Bookies got that very wrong,if you compare player for player Castlebar have more big names.

Thats was my first time in Tuam stadium in about 15 years.The place is falling down but has a nice charm to it.There are holes in the roof in the stand,the was a great atmosphere though.

Would have called it as a very close game myself, Corofin haven't reached the same heights they did last year except for the county final against Mountbellew-Moylough. Didn't see much of the the game myself but not surprised at the result whatsoever.

Tuam Stadium is indeed falling down but with good crowds it always has a decent atmosphere, the kind you'd expect at smaller crowds or at a Galway-Mayo encounter.

That being said, it will never host a Senior Inter-County Championship game again, and as a local resident, I couldn't be happier. A huge amount of smug idiots in the town who won't listen to a single words criticism against the Stadium. Some people got their act together and did a massive fundraising drive getting 130'000 which is badly needed for some areas in the ground but nowhere near enough to bring it back to the level required for Championship.

The publicity drive from some people to sell tickets though was nauseating. They also actually believe that, having installed a god given right for the town to host county games themselves, that Galway football will do right again when the games return to Tuam LOL

Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Why was it on Tuam, I know the hurling was on in Pearse but could they not have had the 2 games there?

Reverse Fixture arrangement in Connacht. Corofin played Mayo champions Ballintubber in McHale Park last year so they had home advantage in county ground of their choosing this time around. Think Corofin much prefer Tuam given its proximity to the parish opposed to Salthill. They played Castlebar in Tuam in 2013 also iirc
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:45pm
There's 130k ready to go into Tuam Bo?

I like Tuam, always did. Salthill is a total disaster in comparison. Money should have been pumped into Tuam in my opinion.

I think Tuam is alright being honest. It has very good potential. A bit of a tidy up and it'd be fine. It's a lovely size, great atmosphere and have some of my best football memories from there
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I like Tuam, always did. Salthill is a total disaster in comparison. Money should have been pumped into Tuam in my opinion.

I think Tuam is alright being honest. It has very good potential. A bit of a tidy up and it'd be fine. It's a lovely size, great atmosphere and have some of my best football memories from there

Does any county really need more than one County ground though (with the exception of Dublin?).
I often wonder if the money spent by some counties on grounds was money well spent.

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

According to the group behind the campaign, yes. They are in talks with county board now on how they spend that money.

You know for years I would have agreed with you but there is a very big football tradition in the Western part of Galway that just can't be ignored in favour of Tuam. Problem is the County Board chose the wrong location as a middle point between clubs in the West and clubs in the East/North. Unfortunately they have no money left now to change either situation.

Tuam is alright, don't get me wrong. But that's all it is. Alright. It can be tidied up and be more than decent venue for clubs and league games. Some people in my town just don't want to move on.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=247225

A lad I work with pretty involved in that LOL
@AntrimMan85
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 10:25pm
Clonmel Comericials I Love You....Up Tipperary Football
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 10:28pm
Some achievements by them and what a way to win it. Great times for Tipp football.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226>
  Share Topic