You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 227>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:47pm
I think so yeah

Hoping for: New York, Ross, Galway.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Galway's turn to cross the water and face the challenge of London next May. We'll know what to expect from the Exiles and will not take them for granted. I'd expect us to overcome that and be suitably prepared for a semi-final clash with either Sligo or Roscommon, preferably the latter.

is that set in stone already ? does that mean leitrim play the winner of mayo new york in the other semi ?

The overseas games are done on a rotational basis every year. that will leave the Rossies, Leitrim & Sligo to be drawn in the last preliminary with one team getting the bye.

Also I believe the New York & London are kept on opposite sides of the draw as well so the only way Mayo will be playing Galway is in the final I think.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:35pm
Nope not true Del Piero. Leitrim played both this year in the last 8 and the semi
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:39pm
new york , london , sligo
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

new york , london , sligo
Dead
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:52pm
When are league games announced?
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:38pm
Galway for Connacht champ 2014Thumbs Up
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Best of luck with that Thumbs Up.

The pain is starting to subside a tiny bit and am starting to think about next year. I really cant see anyone beating Mayo or Dublin. Could be another Mayo Dublin Final
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Best of luck with that Thumbs Up.

The pain is starting to subside a tiny bit and am starting to think about next year. I really cant see anyone beating Mayo or Dublin. Could be another Mayo Dublin Final
What way are the semi finals next year. This year it was leinster v munster and ulster v connaught providing all provincial champs come through the quarters?
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:35pm
Leinster v Ulster and Munster v Connacht
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Nope not true Del Piero. Leitrim played both this year in the last 8 and the semi

I should have known that, I was involved with the Connacht championship this year Embarrassed
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Leinster v Ulster and Munster v Connacht
Dublin v Tyrone or donegal and kerry v mayo. Kerry surprised me in the semi. Will be good next year if they can repeat that. Took them a while to but into the new management but improved as the year went on..
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:36pm
Cork and Kerry to be seeded for the 2014 Munster Championship

God forbid they met before the final Ermm 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:46pm
Yeah there has been trouble for the last few weeks over this. Other 4 counties talking about boycotting. Would serve them right.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Yeah there has been trouble for the last few weeks over this. Other 4 counties talking about boycotting. Would serve them right.
Didn't they vote for it?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:08pm
Cork are the team to watch. They have the talent. What they need is Aidan Walsh rampaging around the middle of the field like McAuley does for Dublin. He has more natural talent and is every bit as good an athlete. He's the man they need to be building their team around. 

Up front they are strong. Brian Hurley was a real find for them this year. Ciaran Sheehan is top class. Daniel Goulding is a fine player and a great free taker. Paddy Kelly and Paul Kerrigan were hampered by injury this year and should be back. Colm O'Neill will find it very difficult to come back from a third cruciate injury to the same knee however. 

Brian Cuthbert seems to be the front runner for new manager. Don't know much about him. They had gone a bit stale under Conor Counihan though and expect them to be rejuvenated. 

They'll have Kerry in Pairc Ui Chaoimh as well in the Munster final and they have a very good home record against Kerry. I fancy a Cork-Mayo semi-final. Cork have traditionally been a bogey team for Mayo although Mayo of course beat them in 2011. Cork were not right at all that day though. 

My very long range prediction would be Dublin to meet Cork or Mayo in the final. 

Edited by sid waddell - 26 Sep 2013 at 11:08pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:29pm
What do you reckon for the other semi Sid, Dublin v Tyrone ?

Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:30pm
With Mayo losing back to back finals, it's all set up for a repeat of 98 Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 227>
  Share Topic