You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 6:08pm
Crossmaglen knocked out of Ulster by Omagh
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 6:16pm
Monaghan's Clontibret through to the SemiClap
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 9:50pm
Bogball
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 5:30pm

some confusion here, I wonder who did win the match ? LOL incredible ref blaming everyone else except himself!

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 6:07pm
Jaysus

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Crossmaglen knocked out of Ulster by Omagh

On agh fooled them by not turning up n jeans
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

some confusion here, I wonder who did win the match ? LOL incredible ref blaming everyone else except himself!

Following on from the controversial ending to the Ulster Ladies Intermediate final on Sunday the 2nd of November, the Monaghan Harps Ladies club have released the following statement… 

This statement by Monaghan Harps Ladies GFC contains only facts and actual events that occurred.

On Sunday 2nd November 2014 at 1:15p.m. in Brewster Park, Enniskillen, Monaghan Harps Ladies GFC played in the Intermediate Ulster Club Championship Final 2014 against Four Masters (Donegal).
The score at the final whistle was Monaghan Harps 1-08 (11) Four Masters 2-04 (10).  The scorers from both teams that resulted in this final score line were as follows:

First Half
Kelly Lacey point (Four Masters 0-01 – Monaghan Harps 0-00)
Yvonne Connell goal (Four Masters 0-01 – Monaghan Harps 1-00)
Patrice Rooney point (Four Masters 0-02 – Monaghan Harps 1-00)
Donna Marie Morgan point (Four Masters 0-02 – Monaghan Harps 1-01)
Kate Keaney point (Four Masters 0-03 – Monaghan Harps 1-01)
Sinead Maguire point (Four Masters 0-03 – Monaghan Harps 1-02)
Half Time Score – Four Masters 0-03 Monaghan Harps 1-02
Second Half
Patrice Rooney goal (Four Masters 1-03 - Monaghan Harps 1-02)
Donna Marie Morgan point (Four Masters 1-03 - Monaghan Harps 1-03)
Donna Marie Morgan point (Four Masters 1-03 - Monaghan Harps 1-04)
Emma Clerkin point (Four Masters 1-03 - Monaghan Harps 1-05)
Eimear O’Rourke point (Four Masters 1-03 - Monaghan Harps 1-06)
Donna Marie Morgan point (Four Masters 1-03 - Monaghan Harps 1-07)
Jennifer Treanor point (Four Masters 1-03 - Monaghan Harps 1-08)
Kate McGowan goal (Four Masters 2-03 - Monaghan Harps 1-08)
Kelly Lacey point (Four Masters 2-04 - Monaghan Harps 1-08)
Full Time Score – Four Masters 2-04 (10) Monaghan Harps 1-08 (11)

It transpired after the final whistle, that the referee had been providing a differing score line to players on both teams, who happened to be in his vicinity, but not all players on the field had been informed of the referee’s inaccurate score line and players were continuing to play to the final whistle based on the actual 2-4 to 1-8 score line evident on the score board.

The duties of a referee during a game, as per the Ladies Gaelic Football Association Official Guide, do not include informing players of the score during the game. Likewise the referee cannot make the award of a game, but may give the final score if requested. The awarding of the game rests with the committee or council in charge of the fixture.

This actual 2-04 to 1-08 score line was evident from
·         the scores which had actually occurred during the game as detailed above,
·         the scoreboard, which was operated by experienced personnel (resident scorekeepers at Brewster Park) who operated the scoreboard in accordance with signals made by the umpires or referee
·         the fourth official (who is a member of neither Four Masters or Monaghan Harps clubs) confirmed that he had the same score line as the score board immediately after the match,
·         the ulster council president & ulster council fixtures secretary who were keeping tally of the score and scorers to assist them in selecting a player of the match,
·         the media – independent media as well as media from Donegal and Monaghan, including Four Masters own Twitter account as well as that of Ulster Council
·         the reaction of the crowd whereby Four Masters supporters were magnanimous in defeat and congratulated their opposing jubilant Monaghan Harps supporters.
Monaghan Harps Ladies won the Ulster title fairly on the field of play and it is already an injustice that Monaghan Harps Ladies were not presented with their 2014 Ulster title on Sunday 2nd November in Brewster Park.

At the final whistle the referee detailed a score line of Four Masters 2-06 Monaghan Harps 1-06 (one can only surmise that the referee inadvertently awarded 2 of Monaghan Harps Ladies points to the Four Masters tally).The referee then left the field of play amid scenes of disbelief.

After a significant period of time the ulster president announced a new score line of Monaghan Harps 1-08 Four Masters 2-05, therefore, attributing an unaccounted point to Four Masters tally.
Monaghan Harps Ladies GFC understand from the Ulster Council website that the game will be discussed on Tuesday night by Ulster Council at a meeting and Monaghan Harps Ladies GFC will determine their next course of action pending the findings of this meeting.

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 11:37am
Bogball
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 1:26pm
I'd get on St Vincents -2 against Portlaoise at the weekend lads. 

Portlaoise have been the most average i've seen/played against in the past few years. 

Aside from the county final when they were on top form, there have been 2 or 3 games this year where they've gotten away with murder.

They will get cleaned out in midfield. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 3:38pm
Zach Tuohy back to play on Sunday. Cahir Healy there aswell.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 3:40pm
Have they not done away with that bollocks of a game yet
Totally pointless 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Nov 2014 at 3:40pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 4:46pm
Monaghan Harps ladies club are the Ulster Intermediate champions after they were awarded the title following a provincial board meeting last night…

The game which was played on Sunday past in Brewster park ended in confusion and controversy with the scoreboard crediting the Harps with a 1-08 to 2-4 victory, however referee Eugene O Hare had initially given the win to Four Masters of Donegal by 2-06 to 1-06 before the game was declared a draw by 1-08 to 2-05….

While details on how the decision was reached last night have not been revealed the win was awarded to Monaghan on the originial scoreline of 1-08 to 2-04

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 5:22pm

The winners of Section A and B meet in the semi-finals with the team that tops Section C facing off against the best runners-up.

Bank of Ireland have been announced as the new competition sponsors.

2015 Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup

Section A: Jordanstown, Down, Cavan, Monaghan

Section B: Queens, Fermanagh, Donegal, Derry

Section C: St Mary’s Belfast, Armagh, Antrim, Tyrone
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 3:31pm
Brilliant by Tubber. How any team with the likes of Cillian, Diarmuid Oc, Alan Dillon and Jay Gibbons can be written off is beyond me.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Brilliant by Tubber. How any team with the likes of Cillian, Diarmuid Oc, Alan Dillon and Jay Gibbons can be written off is beyond me.

Trust me, Corofin will find a way to write them off, the way they go on you'd swear its their All-Ireland to lose Angry I'd be delighted if Ballintubber clipped them in the final
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 4:01pm
Corofin 4-14 Milltown 0-02
Corofin 5-12 St Michael's 0-09
Corofin 7-20 Aughawillan 0-06

Ridiculously easy for them so far. 94-17 in their last 3 matches. It'll be some shock when they come up against a good opponent.
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 9:30pm
St Vincent's made hard work of beating Garycastle today. At one stage they lead by 10 points in the first half and could of been further ahead. Garycastle scored 1-07 without reply and were level with St Vincent's midway through the second half but St Vincent's got their noses in front and ended up winning by 5. St Vincent's won't have it so easy against Rhode in three weeks time.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 9:35pm
Corofin very comfortable against Ballintubber by all accounts. Ian Burke supposed to have been excellent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227>
  Share Topic