You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fri,nov11,19.00: First Vienna  vs Wiener Sportclub
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fri,nov11,19.00: First Vienna vs Wiener Sportclub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briancharlieps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fri,nov11,19.00: First Vienna vs Wiener Sportclub
    Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:00pm
Local Derby Match:First Vienna F.C vs Wiener Sportclub on Friday November 11 ,19.00 
Tickets, 11 euro 

Hi there,

Brian here, the owner of Charlie P's pub in vienna.I put together a guide for Irish fans visiting Vienna ( link below) 

http://www.facebook.com/s/958648107612737/ - https://www.facebook.com/events/958648107612737/

and mentioned a football match taking place the Friday evening  before the Austria-Ireland game and would really recommend the Irish Fans to attend if they can.First Vienna Fc is the oldest football club in Austria and this derby is  renowned across Austria for creating an amazing atmosphere  in a peaceful ,respectful environment.Both clubs support anti fascism,anti racism,anti homophobia and have been really supportive of the refugees welcome campaign here.A full bar and standing on the terraces makes it a really unique football experience.Around 7,000 are expected to attend
I talked with the first vienna fan group and they would love Irish fans to come along.they have offered to even reserve a section of the terrace if they saw there was a significant interest.The Stadium ,Hohe Warte, is really accessible from Charlie P's (six stops on a tram that leaves from directly across the road from pub)
Would appreciate if anyone interested in attending might let me know below and i could see if i could maybe  reserve an allocation of tickets

thanks,
brian
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:11pm
Good man Brian, list time. We love a good list on here.

Sham157

Edited by Sham157 - 06 Nov 2016 at 5:12pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 8:08pm
Already going and have tickets bought online.  2 other Irish fans at least going as well.  

It is also the original national stadium of Austria and scene of the Wunderteam's 5-0 hammering of Scotland.   

Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Already going and have tickets bought online.  2 other Irish fans at least going as well.  

It is also the original national stadium of Austria and scene of the Wunderteam's 5-0 hammering of Scotland.   

Will it be oversubscribed or is it worth chancing getting tickets through the away portal for this? 
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 10:05am
Probably won't decide until the day. 
I assume tickets are available at the door? Which terrace would be best?
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 12:56pm
Interested in this, as already asked is it best to wait until the day of the game to get tickets if Brian is going to try and reserve a section of terrace for us?
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 1:10pm
Myself plus 2 other defo going.

Brian if there is no area reserved for Irish fans will we pick up tickets at the ground?
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 1:29pm
Are yous dopes not familiar of the concept of a list LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

LOL LOL

I'd use your modding power to ban them all

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

LOL LOL

I'd use your modding power to ban them all

There's an opportunity to rectify themselves on the table currently
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 4:34pm
My flight lands into Vienna at 17:25. Say that would be alright timing to make it out there for it?
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 4:48pm
Its hardly a list if the only name on it is Shams.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Its hardly a list if the only name on it is Shams.
like any list, it needs to start somewhere CMs

Edited by Sham157 - 07 Nov 2016 at 7:50pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 12:09am
Having a tough time in tricking the gf into going to this
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 12:28am
Good man Brian, list time. We love a good list on here.

Sham157
Philliyk
Pantera

Can't abuse the list!!!
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 6:18pm
Tried to buy tickets for this online. To cut a long story short, emailed the club and they got back saying its sold out

Any of the local lads be able to confirm this, hopefully something was lost in translation. Or can we pay at the turnstiles? Sound.
BillySollocks View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillySollocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 6:27pm
Just stand on the hill with a few cans....
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Tried to buy tickets for this online. To cut a long story short, emailed the club and they got back saying its sold out

Any of the local lads be able to confirm this, hopefully something was lost in translation. Or can we pay at the turnstiles? Sound.

I took a tenner punt on this, got a print at home ticket (on the phone so didn't do full checks now...)

http://ticket.krone.at/de/ticket/10094/first-vienna-fc-1894-saison-201617-care-energy-naturarena-hohe-warte-wien
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic