You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friendly international being announced at 1pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:47pm
I actually don't mind friendlies, the atmosphere is largely flat but other than that, it's a good day out.

Iceland is great opposition for it, I hope people don't try and outdo their viking clap though! Dead
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by peterbelfast peterbelfast wrote:

Very dissapointed.Was at por v iceland in the euros and everytime the mexican wave got round to the icelandic support they never joined in. Unforgivable
mexican wave at a game in the european championship? jaysus what sort of muppets were at that game

I'm going to say people who wanted to enjoy themselves and not be as serious as can be.

How dare people pay all that money to attend a major international tournament and stand up to wave, or clap their hands in a sort of collective way to show support.

These people are such an affliction on the modern game. Them an their money should stay at home and leave the supporting up to those who deserve are the best at it.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Credit where credit's due fair play to the FAI for getting 2 good friendlies against 2 beatable teams significantly higher than us in the rankings Clap
Better than Oman anyway. LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 21 Oct 2016 at 2:49pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:49pm
Wonder how many fans they will bring, they're playing Kosovo away 4 days before 

Edited by LHurlz - 21 Oct 2016 at 2:49pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Wonder how many fans they will bring, they're playing Kosovo away 4 days before 

there is a small population of Icelandic's living in Ireland. I went to one of Quarter final game with a lad I know from work and bar was full of them
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Credit where credit's due fair play to the FAI for getting 2 good friendlies against 2 beatable teams significantly higher than us in the rankings Clap

Approximate ranking points

Oman. Win 24. Draw 8
Iceland win 60 Draw 20
Urugay win 63 draw 21

Assuming 9 matches during calender year July 1st to Jun 30th
I know nothing :-)
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Seeing as we have played Oman in Fulham and the Aviva, surely now they owe us a return match in Oman?  Who fancies a trip to Muscat?  LOL
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 3:53pm
Iclandic women are mad for the drink and the cock.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:18pm
I can see them selling this as a dual ticket with the wales game to non st holders to try and get the tickets sales up for it. Not the most attractive fixture tbh but a step up from Oman.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:28pm
I wonder on the Icelandic forum are they going 'bloody hell not Ireland and their sh*tty weather, overated bars'

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:33pm
No pleasing some people. Extra game on the ST against more than decent opposition. Win win in my book.
Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

I can see them selling this as a dual ticket with the wales game to non st holders to try and get the tickets sales up for it. Not the most attractive fixture tbh but a step up from Oman.

That would be a disgrace.

Meaningless friendlies should never be coupled with competitive matches. If people want to go to friendlies fire away but don't let that discriminate and cost those that don't.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Darrener Darrener wrote:

Meaningless friendlies should never be coupled with competitive matches. If people want to go to friendlies fire away but don't let that discriminate and cost those that don't.

has your handler at abbottstown not called you in yet
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Darrener Darrener wrote:

Seeing as you are a super part time fan you can have my ticket for Vienna and all the matches you want to pick and I'll just go to the others
I know nothing :-)
Peter1986 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:58pm
To be honest before I was able to afford to buy season tickets or even going regularly to games,i use to buy these dual ticket or even triple ticket packages when I could and i use to look forward to them,whether they were "meaningless" or not.You were getting to see Ireland play in more than 1 match,sometimes even more than 2 and it worked out at decent value per game when you broke the cost down.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I wonder on the Icelandic forum are they going 'bloody hell not Ireland and their sh*tty weather, overated bars'

EDIT: deleted. need to try be more positive.

Edited by eire77 - 21 Oct 2016 at 5:00pm
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

International friendlies are as exciting as a tin of soup, it doesn't matter if it is Iceland or Argentina.

Is the correct answer. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:36pm
Anyone else disappointed it's not Oman?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic