You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

The problem with current politics is when you disagree with anyone, you just call them facist. You need to win the arguments.
The problem with fascists is they always come out with sh*t like this.
No, the problem is that leftists have made the word fascist useless.  Same as sexist, racist, islamophobe, etc.  All of these words mean next to nothing now because of leftists throwing them at anyone who disagrees with them.

I happen to agree with regards to Le Pen, she is a fascist and her party has a long history with fascism.  It's just such a useless word now because it's so overused.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:42pm
Well the French courts deemed ir perfectly acceptable to call her such. She tried to sue a comedian, who called her a "fascist bitch", and lost. She tried to sue JLM  for calling her a fascist in a debate and also lost.
Nigel Farage was well known for espousing fascist values in school and was proud to have the initials 'NF' and sing songs about 'gassing them all'. Of course he has since grown up to put on a nice suit and has changed the religious beliefs of who he wants gassed.
I don't believe Trump is a fascist, I don't think anybody knows what he is, including himself.
It used to be so much more obvious when they were proud of the fact, they don't run around in mobs anymore, instead they were suits, smiles and use , ironically, more politically correct language. Fascism has never gone away, they have just given it a makeover.The problem with fascism is that there is no strict code but yet when you see the signs you know. Orwell, writing in his essay 'What is a Fascist?' in 1944, described it as well as anybody in his own inimitable style;

"By ‘Fascism’ they mean, roughly speaking, something cruel, unscrupulous, arrogant, obscurantist, anti-liberal and anti-working-class. Except for the relatively small number of Fascist sympathizers, almost any English person would accept ‘bully’ as a synonym for ‘Fascist’. That is about as near to a definition as this much-abused word has come."
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

The problem with current politics is when you disagree with anyone, you just call them facist. You need to win the arguments.

The word has no effect anymore. Everybody is a fascist. Marine Le Pen, Donald Trump, Nigel Farage, even Enda Kenny ffs LOL
Two of those are, two of them aren't.

One of those who isn't is nevertheless a sneaking regarder for it and flirts with it like drunk in a pub might. He's a barstool fascist.

The other who isn't is the leader of a party who has a fascist past.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:24pm

I voted for Jonathan O'Brien but sure I'm the facist. Facist are the people that will protest against anything to do with democracy.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Keano2000 Keano2000 wrote:

No, the problem is that leftists have made the word fascist useless.  Same as sexist, racist, islamophobe, etc.  All of these words mean next to nothing now because of leftists throwing them at anyone who disagrees with them.

Le Pen clearly disagrees with you. 

Which is why she has pulled this utterly cynical move to try and disassociate herself from her own party.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:57pm

I voted for Jonathan O'Brien but sure I'm the facist. Facist are the people that will protest against anything to do with democracy.
It is fascists and most fascists will use democracy as a means to an end, like Franco did and Hitler did. There is a lot to suggest that the current trend for fascist style dictators is to be democratically elected;Ukraine,Russia, Turkey, Belarus etc. all have strict authoritarian governments that lean very much to the right. You can argue that these aren't necessarily fascist states but by the same token holding elections doesn't ensure democracy.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:32am
It's certainly an extremely cynical move as Sid points out, but to be honest I don't think it's the worst idea from her perspective. As things stand she was looking almost certain to lose out to Macron. She probably still will, but she needed some kind of dramatic 'cat amongst the pigeons' move like this.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:50am

it is certainly a new move by le chien, just one of many things she'll need to come up with in two weeks or order to sway more votes. fortunately the French voters fear the name 'le pen' more than the name 'National Front' as so won't have the blinds pulled over them.

as previously thought, JLM has come out and said that he doesn't back either of the run-off candidates. there's actually been quite a few protests across france (the norm over here) about these two being the final candidates! 'no to facism, no to capitalism' being the favoured slogan

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

it is certainly a new move by le chien, just one of many things she'll need to come up with in two weeks or order to sway more votes. fortunately the French voters fear the name 'le pen' more than the name 'National Front' as so won't have the blinds pulled over them.

as previously thought, JLM has come out and said that he doesn't back either of the run-off candidates. there's actually been quite a few protests across france (the norm over here) about these two being the final candidates! 'no to facism, no to capitalism' being the favoured slogan

Pathetic behaviour by Melenchon if he has declined to endorse Macron. It is reasons like this that I have such utter contempt for the hard left. It is in effective standing idly by and saying nothing. France have dodge a bullet with this joker, let's hope they now dodge a far bigger one in two weeks and put Macron into power.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Pathetic behaviour by Melenchon if he has declined to endorse Macron. It is reasons like this that I have such utter contempt for the hard left. It is in effective standing idly by and saying nothing. France have dodge a bullet with this joker, let's hope they now dodge a far bigger one in two weeks and put Macron into power.

Why do you think its pathetic that a hard left politician would not endorse a pro globalization neo liberal former Rothschild banker ? The French electorate are left with a choice between the lesser of two evil candidates. And lets be honest Macron and his ilk are only pro-EU so they can have a plentiful supply of cheap workforce who they can exploit.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 25 Apr 2017 at 1:27pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Why do you think its pathetic that a hard left politician would not endorse a pro globalization neo liberal former Rothschild banker ? The French electorate are left with a choice between the lesser of two evil candidates. And lets be honest Macron and his ilk are only pro-EU so they can have a plentiful supply of cheap workforce who they can exploit.

Simple. From his position he has a social responsibility to fight the sort of politics Le Pen proffers, and has 19% of the ears of French voters through which he can seek to enforce his opposition. By refusing to endorse a candidate it is entirely ideological which further discredits the hard left's claim to be "for the people". Honestly, I expect nothing less, as it is more or less always about the ideology, but this is genuinely damaging and dangerous, and pathetic. And conflating capitalism and far right politics is stupid.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:53pm

Simple. From his position he has a social responsibility to fight the sort of politics Le Pen proffers, and has 19% of the ears of French voters through which he can seek to enforce his opposition. By refusing to endorse a candidate it is entirely ideological which further discredits the hard left's claim to be "for the people". Honestly, I expect nothing less, as it is more or less always about the ideology, but this is genuinely damaging and dangerous, and pathetic. And conflating capitalism and far right politics is stupid.

In the longer period Macron would be more damaging to the French left than Le Pen. As we can see in the major European democracies, once the neo-liberal globalists have gained power they have manipulated the public discourse to demonize all their opponents with the help of a soft left media, some of which they control. Once they have achieved that they introduce legislation to attack the poor and force wages down

From the perspective of the hard left and for them to be in a serious position to mount a challenge to regain power its preferable for Le Pen to win however unpalatable that is for them to accept. Short term pain for long term gain.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:03pm

In the longer period Macron would be more damaging to the French left than Le Pen. As we can see in the major European democracies, once the neo-liberal globalists have gained power they have manipulated the public discourse to demonize all their opponents with the help of a soft left media, some of which they control. Once they have achieved that they introduce legislation to attack the poor and force wages down

From the perspective of the hard left and for them to be in a serious position to mount a challenge to regain power its preferable for Le Pen to win however unpalatable that is for them to accept. Short term pain for long term gain.

JLM not endorsing either candidate is basically a way of endorsing le chien. considering French politics, since the National Front came to the fore, has always gone the way of 'vote against le pen', it would be the norm for all defeated candidates to back the other; 2002 being the only other time a le pen has made the run-off and chirac got 82% of the vote.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:08pm

That would be the most disgracefully cynical approach I have ever encountered. Hence I don't believe it. If they are genuinely for the people, they have to stand up against Le Pen. Otherwise, they have no credibility, and are as bad as any political entity whose goal is power at all costs, using people and their problems, issues and concerns to achieve it.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:42pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:14pm
I can understand it, I can't real expect him to urge his supporters to vote Macron when I would spoil my own vote if I had to. I think this is a fair enough summary;
“Our friends who want to vote Macron will vote Macron and those who want to vote blank will vote blank. That’s it,” Corbière said. “But nobody should vote FN.”

Interesting views here too;

Edited by pre Madonna - 26 Apr 2017 at 10:29pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I can understand it, I can't real expect him to urge his supporters to vote Macron when I would spoil my own vote if I had to. I think this is a fair enough summary;
<span style="font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif;">“Our friends who want to vote Macron will vote Macron and those who want to vote blank will vote blank. That’s it,” Corbière said. “But nobody should vote FN.”</span>
<span style="font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif;">Interesting views here too;</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-size: medium;">http://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/26/death-of-the-french-left-why-voters-are-hesitating-over-macron
</span>

But in 2002 he was willing to do it, and these are more drastic times as Le Pen is not guaranteed to be there to just make up the numbers. To me, this is leaving it to chance for ideological purposes, as Melenchon won't have to compromise his.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:15pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

<span style="font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif;">“Our friends who want to vote Macron will vote Macron and those who want to vote blank will vote blank. That’s it,” Corbière said. “But nobody should vote FN.”</span>
<span style="font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif;">Interesting views here too;</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-size: medium;">http://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/26/death-of-the-french-left-why-voters-are-hesitating-over-macron
</span>

But in 2002 he was willing to do it, and these are more drastic times as Le Pen is not guaranteed to be there to just make up the numbers. To me, this is leaving it to chance for ideological purposes, as Melenchon won't have to compromise his.
Imagine, a politician sticking to his principles! He has made it perfectly clear that his supporters should not vote for Le Pen, that is enough for me. I don't think anyone could want or expect him to endorse a neo-liberal candidate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
  Share Topic