You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frasier

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:52am
The balls
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:21am
poor mans Seinfeld
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

poor mans Seinfeld

please elaborate?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

poor mans Seinfeld

please elaborate?

pretty obvious, best american comedy of recent years - never got the attention it deserved  due to ridiculous scheduling at least on British TV BBC2 23.15 ocassionally and intermittantly.

Exhibit A - the masturbation episode - on a mainstream US network  Shocked mainstream networks being notoriously conservative  not HBO or show time - an absolute classic

Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:41pm
Always thought it was brutal Newryrep and never understood its popularity. Terrible excuse for a comedy. Jerry Seinfeld tells worse gags than eire32.

Frasier on the otherhand is clever, funny and has excellent characters. A simple yet effective comedy ClapClapClap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:34pm

poor mans Seinfeld

please elaborate?

pretty obvious, best american comedy of recent years - never got the attention it deserved  due to ridiculous scheduling at least on British TV BBC2 23.15 ocassionally and intermittantly.

Exhibit A - the masturbation episode - on a mainstream US network  Shocked mainstream networks being notoriously conservative  not HBO or show time - an absolute classic

what has tv scheduling got to do with anything , just because a tv show is popular doesntmake it better, and for your information i use to watch seindelf at 6pm midweek on bb2 Wink Seinfeld is an excellent sit com i love it but the statement you have made regarding Fraiser been a poor mans seinfeld is like saying Blackadder is a poor mans only fools and horses Confused
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:18pm
Load of sh*te along with that seinfeld muck!
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 1:54am
Both Seinfeld and Frasier and top class.

Set my NTL version of Sky Plus to record the episodes of Frasier so when there is feck all on TV, just stick on an episode of Frasier to kill a half hour while eating the dinner. 

Classic stuff. 
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 2:02am
Great comedy, as is Seinfeld. Both are much better than Friends, everybody loves Raymond, King of Queens etc.which are funny, but not in the same league.
Best character for me is Frasier.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:25am

what has tv scheduling got to do with anything , just because a tv show is popular doesntmake it better, and for your information i use to watch seindelf at 6pm midweek on bb2 Wink Seinfeld is an excellent sit com i love it but the statement you have made regarding Fraiser been a poor mans seinfeld is like saying Blackadder is a poor mans only fools and horses Confused

The scheduling meant it never got a chance to grow an apreciate audience, Fraisier Friends et al all have user friendly slots on C4, frasier would also had had the Cheers momentum behind it at the start. Seinfeld didnt. OF&H inital episodes were pretty much panned but the BBC stuck with it. 

Please elaborate when it was on 6pm midweek BBC2 - as frankly I think you confusing it with Paramount or some satelitte chanel - it was only on after Newsnight as I would tape it and watch it the next day.

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Always thought it was brutal Newryrep and never understood its popularity. Terrible excuse for a comedy. Jerry Seinfeld tells worse gags than eire32.

Frasier on the otherhand is clever, funny and has excellent characters. A simple yet effective comedy ClapClapClap

Never seen his show live but he couldnt be that bad

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:45am
Newry that is only in the UK and Ireland that the scheduling is an issue which is not the major market for this.

Seinfeld was huge in the States and so was Frasier. 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Newry that is only in the UK and Ireland that the scheduling is an issue which is not the major market for this.

I am not disagreeing  with you Neil, the  point that I appear to be labouring to make is that IMO Seinfeld was superior to Frasier and the possible reason for the lack of agreement with this is that Seinfeld never got the chance in the UK/Ireland due to erratic TV scheduling whereas Frasier like Friends had a user friendly C4 slot.

I am not even saying Frasier is sh*te.

Edited by Newryrep - 13 Apr 2011 at 4:02am
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 4:22am
The BBC are brutal with American shows. They alway put them in crappy time slots. I think it's because they think people will complain if there's not a home grown BBC show in the primetime slots (wasting license payers money on imports blah blah blah), so anything they buy from America gets buried. Seinfeld was a real cult show over here, but in the States it was huge, as big as Friends.
The BBC put the Wire in a stupid slot too when they finally got around to showing it.
Channel 4 usually put big American comedies in a 9PM slot, and they probably would have done the same with Seinfeld giving it a similar audience to Friends.
Of course if Channel 4 had gotten Seinfeld, they would probably still be showing it 6 times a f**king day like they do with Friends.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 4:51am

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I am not disagreeing  with you Neil, the  point that I appear to be labouring to make is that IMO Seinfeld was superior to Frasier and the possible reason for the lack of agreement with this is that Seinfeld never got the chance in the UK/Ireland due to erratic TV scheduling whereas Frasier like Friends had a user friendly C4 slot.

I am not even saying Frasier is sh*te.

I agree with what you are newry rep but the only thing i have a problem with is the statement you made Fraiser been a poor mans seinfeld Im not having that ! thats liek saying goodfellas is a poor mans godfather Confused
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Anyone a fan?
Been watchin it all day and just reminded me how good it is/was.

Absolute quality show. Love when the lads from Cheers pop in every now and then ClapClapClap

One of my all time favourite comedies along with Rggie Perin and Drop the Dead Donkey. Thumbs%20Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 2:47pm
Just been watching some old Frasiers on ch4 love it. Cool
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 2:59pm
Love Fraisier. As Baldrick says above, it's great to throw on an episode if there's nothing on. Every episode is on US Netflix as well. Usually put on an episode if I'm making dinner or the kids are watching something on the TV.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 3:03pm
One of my 3 favourite US comedies along with Curb and Seinfeld. Trying to put them in order is a difficult thing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic