You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Whereabouts are most people staying? I've literally nothing booked. Probably looking Saturday to Tuesday. I'll be on my lonesome for most of it I think.

Staying in the ibis by montmarte with a mate
Danger here, OH NO
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:36pm
I was looking at that as well. Will likely stay in an ibis somewhere.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:54pm
Staying in Montemart also. Out saturday to tuesday with AL.
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:33am
st Christopher's inn is a great spot 40 euro per noght
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 3:02pm
looking a ticket for the match lads. My mates booked on and needs. If anyone has any spares drop me a message please. 
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:20pm
http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-1940-ibis-saint-denis-stade-ouest/index.shtml#location

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Hôtel+ibis+Saint-Denis+Stade+Sud.

Cheap hotels beside the stadium.. also cheap enough for pints before the game and easy to get to on the rail network.

SD > can you fill us in on trains RER etc.Thumbs Up

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:29pm
Aye, they're going to be on strike. That's about the height of it.

The metro is not on strike, the RER will be. Not sure how that will affect travel to and from the Stade de France... the metro is liable to be the best way, but also jam packed.

They are not on strike Friday to Sunday, they are on strike Monday and Tuesday.

A certain percentage will be running, but it is hard to say what percentage.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:41pm
There's bars out near the stadium, I got out early in Feb and drank on the King Lewis, not a great pub but did the job, may need to book a table, stayed out by the stadium after the match and had a few pints and let the crowd die, night be worth doing given the strike 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:57pm
So the RER from the airport will be operating on the Sunday. That's good to know. Pity about the strike Tuesday. Will make things awkward getting to the airport. Hopefully they have a limited schedule as you say. 
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:02pm
Memory serves me correct, Kronenburg was €5 a pint in the IBIS before the Sweden game?. The food was good too, and we were all outside supping pints before the game. I know there's a few railway/metro stations surround the stadium.

There was a camper van with the Bheast or something like that driving around one of the roads after the game. Hilarious.LOL
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 12:31am
May 1958 French Paras in Algeria had created a 'Committee of Public Safety' on May 12th and they were threatening to land in Paris and take over Government unless retired war-hero Charles de Gaulle was made leader of the country.

28th May 1958 Last Prime Minister of the Fourth Republic Pierre Pflimlin resigned. Later that evening between 120,000 (right-wing Le Figaro) and 500,000 (left-wing L'Humanité) left-wingers marched in protest at the threat to democracy.
After further very real threats from French Paras in Algiers, they had already taken over Corsica, constituinal questions were given a response and President Coty got de Gaulle to present a Government to the two houses that got passed on June 01st 1958. Democracy was diluted and The Fifth Republic came into being after a referendum in September 1958.

I don't know if there will be any 60th anniversary celebrations for the passing of the Fourth Republic, got bet by Viet Ming, withdrew early from Suez canal,  torture and assassination testimony in Algeria.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

May 1958 French Paras in Algeria had created a 'Committee of Public Safety' on May 12th and they were threatening to land in Paris and take over Government unless retired war-hero Charles de Gaulle was made leader of the country.

28th May 1958 Last Prime Minister of the Fourth Republic Pierre Pflimlin resigned. Later that evening between 120,000 (right-wing Le Figaro) and 500,000 (left-wing L'Humanité) left-wingers marched in protest at the threat to democracy.
After further very real threats from French Paras in Algiers, they had already taken over Corsica, constituinal questions were given a response and President Coty got de Gaulle to present a Government to the two houses that got passed on June 01st 1958. Democracy was diluted and The Fifth Republic came into being after a referendum in September 1958.

I don't know if there will be any 60th anniversary celebrations for the passing of the Fourth Republic, got bet by Viet Ming, withdrew early from Suez canal,  torture and assassination testimony in Algeria.

What LOL
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:54am
Think it's one in three RER trains to and from the airport are operating
Danger here, OH NO
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:29am
My tickets arrived in post this morning. Sector B5 in the corner. Grand
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:48am
ticket just arrived in the post for this 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:04am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Aye, they're going to be on strike. That's about the height of it.

The metro is not on strike, the RER will be. Not sure how that will affect travel to and from the Stade de France... the metro is liable to be the best way, but also jam packed.

They are not on strike Friday to Sunday, they are on strike Monday and Tuesday.

A certain percentage will be running, but it is hard to say what percentage.

metro ligne 13 goes out to the east west side of the stadium. less and less of the RER trains are out of action on the strike days, so still an option of some sort. SNCF have been far more efficient in announcing which trains are in/out of use for those days, so should get decent notification on it. download the RATP app, your best bet to keep updated on it

Edited by alihau41 - 26 Apr 2018 at 11:08am
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:15pm
Still to book a flight over, any cheap routes left?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Still to book a flight over, any cheap routes left?

We flying with transavia leave dublin 8:05am on the morning of the match and home on 6:30am flight next morning. No need for accommodation. Flights are €133 now 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
  Share Topic