You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 21>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 3:47pm
Don't know many, if any lads, who liked Paris, but that's completely off topic!

Used Orly in Feb and got a pre-booked door to door transfer for €50 odd, handy if there's a few and much quicker than the train
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I got return flights for €92 from Cork. Sunday to Tuesday. Out with Aer Lingus and home with Air France

4 of us on those outbound flight.

Kev. Best deal around. I'm looking at skyscanner with a little help from one of our ybiggers. DUB-CDG is mad money return with Aer Finglas. Will have to look at single flights with several airlines.

Have ya applied for the tickets yet? looks like we'll be high up in the gods in Stadt De France. Bad place to babysit some of our drunken friends we encountered that last time we played there in 2016.

Transavia  (TO/HV) have DUB - ORY Paris Orly South €64 on Monday 28th (Dep 08:05) and return ORY-DUB (dep 06:05) €44.

Rail route from ORY arrives on Anthony station on RER B line. €12.50 single
 1st page of the Thread has air option web links.

Is a few of us on them transavia flights got them for €98 return. No need for accommodation as early flight home and means we got to spend less than 24 hours in the kip that is Paris (which makes us all happy)

the kip that is Paris  , that's a big statement, most of the rest of the world will disagree

Ah come on now Paris isn't a kip it's an expensive kip
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I got return flights for €92 from Cork. Sunday to Tuesday. Out with Aer Lingus and home with Air France

Kev. Best deal around. I'm looking at skyscanner with a little help from one of our ybiggers. DUB-CDG is mad money return with Aer Finglas. Will have to look at single flights with several airlines.

Have ya applied for the tickets yet? looks like we'll be high up in the gods in Stadt De France. Bad place to babysit some of our drunken friends we encountered that last time we played there in 2016.

Transavia  (TO/HV) have DUB - ORY Paris Orly South €64 on Monday 28th (Dep 08:05) and return ORY-DUB (dep 06:05) €44.

Is a few of us on them transavia flights got them for €98 return. No need for accommodation as early flight home and means we got to spend less than 24 hours in the kip that is Paris (which makes us all happy)

the kip that is Paris  , that's a big statement, most of the rest of the world will disagree

Ah come on now Paris isn't a kip it's an expensive kip

I don't like Paris at all. 5 times I've been there now and just never really enjoyed it. Neither did my mate. So for Sweden game there we arrived that day and were on a bus to Bordeaux two hours after final whistle. This time I'll probably bring the other half so might take in a few of the sights again. Booked into a hotel around St.Michel
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 9:34pm

Think you would find there is alot of people that would agree with me too. Have been in it a few times and never liked the place it's well down the list of cities I've been in that is return to again. Preferred the other cities we visited much more than we enjoyed paris
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 10:16pm
Would have preferred if they played this in bordeaux or lyon myself.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 12:12am

Think you would find there is alot of people that would agree with me too. Have been in it a few times and never liked the place it's well down the list of cities I've been in that is return to again. Preferred the other cities we visited much more than we enjoyed paris

And most of the rest of the world have not been there 5 times     I hate Paris and this will be my 6th visit I think, and like RB would love to go back to any of the other cities we were in.
I know nothing :-)
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 10:16am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43617033

Before you book any flights, this is the proposed train disruption planned for the next (3) months in France. Shades of 2016 at the Euro's. I'm sure Air France and French air traffic control won't be far behind. Just a heads up if you're going through Beauvais or Orly airports for connections.AngryAngryAngry
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:10pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43617033

Before you book any flights, this is the proposed train disruption planned for the next (3) months in France. Shades of 2016 at the Euro's. I'm sure Air France and French air traffic control won't be far behind. Just a heads up if you're going through Beauvais or Orly airports for connections.AngryAngryAngry

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/AirFrance - as if we didn't already know? 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:18pm
Actually CDG is likely to be the worst affected airport. The metro in Paris is likely fine. CDG is on the RER which is badly affected. Beauvais is connected by a bus to central Paris. Orly is linked by a shuttle service to the metro which, while mad expensive, is probably not affected.

Anyway, it mostly affects those flying out on matchday. By the look of it, those travelling out on Saturday or Sunday will be okay. If you're travelling back from Orly or Beauvais on the Tuesday, you'll be equally fine.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Would have preferred if they played this in bordeaux or lyon myself.

Correct.

Paris has nice spots but the majority of it is a kip. 
In saying that this will be my 5/6th time there for sport.

mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 4:42pm
I think by our 5th visit we should have sussed out the best places to go. I always enjoyed it there . maybe its worse with loads of football fans there. there is still a lot of places without football fans around.....anyway it would be nicer to have the game in another city I suppose. still cheap flights out with Ryanair available....
Come on Irelind
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 11:46am
the strikes have been pretty bad so far in terms of TER, transilien, RER, TGV trains. trams, metro and buses have been fine though.
if coming from CDG on the day/leaving the Tuesday, can use the RoissyBus - http://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-charles-de-gaulle/public-transport/roissybus
or else taxi will be €50 from rive droite (north of the seine), and €55 from rive gauche (south of seine). these are flat rate fees. uber would probably be about €40+

taxis to/from orly are €30 to rive gauche, and €35 to rive droite. shuttle bus isn't affected. shuttle arr/dep from denfer rochereau which is on ligne 4&6

any city is a sh*thole if you stay in the sh*thole areas. perhaps pick the finger out and visit a different part of the city, rather than returning to the exact same bars!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 11:48am
The French going on strike Shocked in other news the sky is blue
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 1:10pm
Ticket office sending out emails today 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 1:32pm
Received earlier..€22.50
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 3:39pm
Panic
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:20pm
Anyone heard how many tickets were applied for?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:05pm
Whereabouts are most people staying? I've literally nothing booked. Probably looking Saturday to Tuesday. I'll be on my lonesome for most of it I think.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 21>
  Share Topic