You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + Euro 2020 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author
Message
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Location: Newry
Status: Offline
Points: 2005
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Also I think we understated the pick pocket situation in Paris, loads seemed to have been dipped in particular on the metro to the stadium.
I feel some blame on this one,never gave out the usual warnings 
Lads must have been unlucky on this trip - I used the metro quite a lot during the Euros (and some of those journeys were at high demand times such as going to and from stadiums and fan zones) and wasn't pickpocketed once. Cool
 
Or maybe I was lucky...Shocked


Edited by ConorMac77 - 30 May 2018 at 9:07am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan


Joined: 05 Oct 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 987
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Also I think we understated the pick pocket situation in Paris, loads seemed to have been dipped in particular on the metro to the stadium.
I feel some blame on this one,never gave out the usual warnings 
Lads must have been unlucky on this trip - I used the metro quite a lot during the Euros (and some of those journeys were at high demand times such as going to and from stadiums and fan zones) and wasn't pickpocketed once. Cool
 
Or maybe I was lucky...Shocked

Would you happen to have a particularly menacing air about you? 

Back to Top
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
Man City records obsession

Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Location: Dundalk
Status: Offline
Points: 6760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:46am
I remember in 2004, loads of people got robed left right and center. The Moulin Rouge area was rampant.

Back to Top
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Location: Newry
Status: Offline
Points: 2005
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Also I think we understated the pick pocket situation in Paris, loads seemed to have been dipped in particular on the metro to the stadium.
I feel some blame on this one,never gave out the usual warnings 
Lads must have been unlucky on this trip - I used the metro quite a lot during the Euros (and some of those journeys were at high demand times such as going to and from stadiums and fan zones) and wasn't pickpocketed once. Cool
 
Or maybe I was lucky...Shocked

Would you happen to have a particularly menacing air about you? 

Certainly not. LOL 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Back to Top
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Location: Clairefontaine
Status: Offline
Points: 13345
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:06am
Wonder how long until the anthem booing lads sister comes onto the forum to defend him Tongue
You can motorboat but no whistling
Back to Top
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Location: Bfast/Dungannon
Status: Offline
Points: 416
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:21am
Got home last night and only dried out now. Bag was twice the weight with the wet clothes LOL. Enjoyed Paris bar the performance, hadn't one bit of bother on the Metro... Saying that, I have been told I do have a bit of a menacing air about me Wink
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Back to Top
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 2559
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Wonder how long until the anthem booing lads sister comes onto the forum to defend him Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxNNzdp8eU
Back to Top
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 07 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1357
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Fair play to whoever made that trip... That mustve  been a tough station to man last night

It was certainly one of the toughest nights for me following Ireland.
Torrential rain again last night.

Leaving Paris now and already thinking of the next Ireland trip.
We’ll always have more lows than highs but we keep going.

CYBIG

God help those martyrs in Paris on the beer all day under the sun. Graves set aside in Glasnevin Cemetry for all those with official Irish end match tickets.

I was around Harp for most of the weekend. Nothing much more than harmless stupidity when lads get a few pints into them. You'd think some would have a bit more cop on but each to their own, I dont think anyone should be losing sleep over it.
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 20139
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Fair play to whoever made that trip... That mustve  been a tough station to man last night

It was certainly one of the toughest nights for me following Ireland.
Torrential rain again last night.

Leaving Paris now and already thinking of the next Ireland trip.
We’ll always have more lows than highs but we keep going.

CYBIG

God help those martyrs in Paris on the beer all day under the sun. Graves set aside in Glasnevin Cemetry for all those with official Irish end match tickets.

I was around Harp for most of the weekend. Nothing much more than harmless stupidity when lads get a few pints into them. You'd think some would have a bit more cop on but each to their own, I dont think anyone should be losing sleep over it.

LOLClap

That was soft rock cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac
Back to Top
Wodawick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wodawick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

To the f**kin idiot that was one down from me at the game... I hope I never cross you again you bellend

A couple of highlights.....

Singing Shane long is a knacker..
Booing the Irish National anthem and the French one
Singing James McClean loves Rangers..
Singing about the Irish players dads were paedophiles...
And making life hell for his poor missus who I felt very sorry for.
And racially abusing an Irish player...

Stay at home in future you f**king arsehole....


There was a young fella in front of me who went ballistic at the Mexican Wave, started giving the French the middle finger and the two fingers, shouting "shove your Mexican Wave up your f###ing holes"........

........he left with twenty minutes to go. Possible anger management issues, I'd say.



We're really starting to attract some clowns!
Back to Top
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Location: Far Fungannon
Status: Offline
Points: 20475
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 1:01pm
Ah pushing over a moped is a bit much and plenty of the drivers were none too happy about it. It's one thing during the Euros when there are 20,000 there and every driver in Paris knows to avoid the area, but it's quite different for a Monday night friendly and lads are trying to get home after work.

There were too many people who fell foul of the simple rule "don't be a dick". There was no aggro, I'll grant you that, but there were quite a few arseholes, certainly more than usual.

Having said all that, I had a great time. Went to the Musee D'Orsay on Sunday afternoon and got tickets to Roland Garros for the tennis on Sunday evening. Went out to Versailles yesterday as well, which was unbelievably impressive.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Grinds my gears.

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 35930
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 1:59pm
LOL
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Fair play to whoever made that trip... That mustve  been a tough station to man last night

It was certainly one of the toughest nights for me following Ireland.
Torrential rain again last night.

Leaving Paris now and already thinking of the next Ireland trip.
We’ll always have more lows than highs but we keep going.

CYBIG

God help those martyrs in Paris on the beer all day under the sun. Graves set aside in Glasnevin Cemetry for all those with official Irish end match tickets.

I was around Harp for most of the weekend. Nothing much more than harmless stupidity when lads get a few pints into them. You'd think some would have a bit more cop on but each to their own, I dont think anyone should be losing sleep over it.

LOLClap

Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
Man City records obsession

Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Location: Dundalk
Status: Offline
Points: 6760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ah pushing over a moped is a bit much and plenty of the drivers were none too happy about it. It's one thing during the Euros when there are 20,000 there and every driver in Paris knows to avoid the area, but it's quite different for a Monday night friendly and lads are trying to get home after work.

There were too many people who fell foul of the simple rule "don't be a dick". There was no aggro, I'll grant you that, but there were quite a few arseholes, certainly more than usual.

Having said all that, I had a great time. Went to the Musee D'Orsay on Sunday afternoon and got tickets to Roland Garros for the tennis on Sunday evening. Went out to Versailles yesterday as well, which was unbelievably impressive.

Yeah when you are pissing off the locals you have taken it to far.
As you say ‘don’t be a dick’.

Was Versailles easy to get to? The missus was asking about it but I said it was too far out! 

I went to Roland Garris one day, did the Louvre and went to see Notre Dame which was impressive. 
Still spent a shocking amount on booze. It’s an expensive city to drink in.

Back to Top
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Just call me Hughie Lewis

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 23856
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 6:43pm
Is going to Ireland games the secular modern version of being in opus dei.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Back to Top
Green Hornet View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Location: Watford
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 8:40pm
You must have been in Row 19 behind me and were the guy getting upset about the Mexican wave. Lets be honest, 2-0 down, soaked to the skin, 10 Euro a pint, had to warm up somehow. Could have been worse. I think the guy in front of me in row 17 had been eating doner kebabs the last two weeks and dropped his guts every 5 minutes. Which was nice. 
Back to Top
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 3087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Wodawick Wodawick wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

To the f**kin idiot that was one down from me at the game... I hope I never cross you again you bellend

A couple of highlights.....

Singing Shane long is a knacker..
Booing the Irish National anthem and the French one
Singing James McClean loves Rangers..
Singing about the Irish players dads were paedophiles...
And making life hell for his poor missus who I felt very sorry for.
And racially abusing an Irish player...

Stay at home in future you f**king arsehole....


There was a young fella in front of me who went ballistic at the Mexican Wave, started giving the French the middle finger and the two fingers, shouting "shove your Mexican Wave up your f###ing holes"........

........he left with twenty minutes to go. Possible anger management issues, I'd say.



We're really starting to attract some clowns!

Wouldn't blame him tbh its the worst thing a crowd can ever do although I don't condone the language. Irish fans joining in is cringe though ask anyone at Euro 88 vs USSR when Ireland scored one of there best goals by Ronnie Whelan my aul lad missed the f**king goal because of it. 


Edited by irelandfan - 30 May 2018 at 9:06pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Back to Top
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
#No1 on breaking news on bad news

Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Location: Ath Cliath
Status: Offline
Points: 33842
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by Wodawick Wodawick wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

To the f**kin idiot that was one down from me at the game... I hope I never cross you again you bellend

A couple of highlights.....

Singing Shane long is a knacker..
Booing the Irish National anthem and the French one
Singing James McClean loves Rangers..
Singing about the Irish players dads were paedophiles...
And making life hell for his poor missus who I felt very sorry for.
And racially abusing an Irish player...

Stay at home in future you f**king arsehole....


There was a young fella in front of me who went ballistic at the Mexican Wave, started giving the French the middle finger and the two fingers, shouting "shove your Mexican Wave up your f###ing holes"........

........he left with twenty minutes to go. Possible anger management issues, I'd say.



We're really starting to attract some clowns!

Wouldn't blame him tbh its the worst thing a crowd can ever do although I don't condone the language. Irish fans joining in is cringe though ask anyone at Euro 88 vs USSR when Ireland scored one of there best goals by Ronnie Whelan my aul lad missed the f**king goal because of it. 


It was a friendly. Chap has some serious issues if that's upsetting him
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Back to Top
eireland View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 12 Feb 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 1738
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by Wodawick Wodawick wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

To the f**kin idiot that was one down from me at the game... I hope I never cross you again you bellend

A couple of highlights.....

Singing Shane long is a knacker..
Booing the Irish National anthem and the French one
Singing James McClean loves Rangers..
Singing about the Irish players dads were paedophiles...
And making life hell for his poor missus who I felt very sorry for.
And racially abusing an Irish player...

Stay at home in future you f**king arsehole....


There was a young fella in front of me who went ballistic at the Mexican Wave, started giving the French the middle finger and the two fingers, shouting "shove your Mexican Wave up your f###ing holes"........

........he left with twenty minutes to go. Possible anger management issues, I'd say.



We're really starting to attract some clowns!

Wouldn't blame him tbh its the worst thing a crowd can ever do although I don't condone the language. Irish fans joining in is cringe though ask anyone at Euro 88 vs USSR when Ireland scored one of there best goals by Ronnie Whelan my aul lad missed the f**king goal because of it. 


It was a friendly. Chap has some serious issues if that's upsetting him

Have to agree with this. Some lads taking friendlies way too serious. 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.