You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Match of the Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 9:15am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Stone age stuff from the BBC although you would imagine there would be some sort of political impartiality clause put into the contracts of their staff.

The head of the BBC is a Tory Boris Johnson appointee. So they aren’t looking for impartiality. Just don’t sl*g the Tories.

Of course and I fully agree with the stance of the MOTD lads.. I'm just pointing out the legalities.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 9:17am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

You can only imagine Linekar pacing around the sitting room checking twitter with his flute in hand, smarmy-o-meter on level 27. 
Didn’t realize Edwin Poots posted on ybig 

Do you not find Gary Linekar extremely smug ? I've yet to come across someone who has not..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Fair play to them, but honestly, who is still watching MOTD in 2023?

Official Premier League highlights are up on Youtube 10 minutes after games and theres no sh*te forced banter and awful analysis from a bunch of moany aul bollockses.

I watch it every week on iPlayer. Concisely put together, brings you up to speed if you haven't seen many live games.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 9:34am
I wonder would there have been the same reaction if Lineker had backed the government and tweeted there were too many refugees coming into the country. My guess is the BBC would be wanting him on tonight.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 9:59am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

You can only imagine Linekar pacing around the sitting room checking twitter with his flute in hand, smarmy-o-meter on level 27. 
Didn’t realize Edwin Poots posted on ybig 

Do you not find Gary Linekar extremely smug ? I've yet to come across someone who has not..
Not really, he’s inoffensive and self deprecating a lot of the time. I’ve never really had an opinion on him to be honest. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:05am
Football Focus pulled now too.
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:41am
The BBC might be surprised just how popular the presenter/pundit-free MotD is.

The insufferably smug Lineker and the forced 'bantz' with 'Al' and 'Wrighty' are the worst thing about the programme.

And anyway, isn't it time the BBC looked to the future and replaced the 62-year-old with a younger, more diverse option?

Alex Scott, Jermaine Jenas or Manish Bhasin would fit the bill nicely.

And, given his progressive views, Lineker could hardly complain. Could he?

Edited by Sheedy11 - 11 Mar 2023 at 10:41am
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:45am
What Lineker said was 100% right.
The Home Secretary spoke about the migrants as being an invasion before then farming them off to Rwanda. Lineker said describing it in this manner was similar to the language used by Germany in the 30s and said its. He's exactly right in what he's saying.

The tories are vile creatures who expect everyone to row in behind them. Lineker voiced his opinion and unfortunately there are Torie rats placed in every high rank of society in the UK and he's being singled out for making them look bad.

Kudos to his fellow presenters, pundits and commentators for standing by him and not being scabs. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:52am
Show went to sh*te years ago. But the mention of Jenas Dead
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:56am
It would be cancelled due to poor viewership if they brought in the new presenters like Jenas, female PL players, etc.
What keeps it alive is the traditional feel to it.

I dont really watch it other than on a Sunday morning if up early I'll put the repeat on but fast forward button is used very heavily
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:59am
Final Score gone now too, adding to Football Focus too. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 11:08am
The PFA after releasing a statement saying the players will boycott interviews for MOTD too. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 11:38am
Always liked Lineker, even as a player. Don’t know how people think he’s “smug”. An all around good guy.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 12:00pm
No Fighting Talk, Final Score or 5Live coverage today either LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 12:04pm
Phil Mitchell has refused to fix any more cars in Eastenders until the dispute is resolved a BBC source has also confirmed.
I love beer gardens
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Sheedy11 Sheedy11 wrote:

No Fighting Talk, Final Score or 5Live coverage today either LOL

Hopefully this decision bites them big time with everyone still refusing to work next week's FA cup games for the BBC.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 12:48pm
Huge live 6 Nations game tomorrow. If that was affected then it would really start to damage the BBC. Will look very poor form if Gobby Logan and co show up for that one.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

What Lineker said was 100% right.
The Home Secretary spoke about the migrants as being an invasion before then farming them off to Rwanda. Lineker said describing it in this manner was similar to the language used by Germany in the 30s and said its. He's exactly right in what he's saying.

The tories are vile creatures who expect everyone to row in behind them. Lineker voiced his opinion and unfortunately there are Torie rats placed in every high rank of society in the UK and he's being singled out for making them look bad.

Kudos to his fellow presenters, pundits and commentators for standing by him and not being scabs. 

Its the british public that keeps on voting for the tories, the tories represent what the british public want
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic